Coverage of open top bus parade

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I get the above points about swearing . But this wasn't a football match. I think it was a poor showing by some of the players and coaching staff. A bit more self policing would have been better. The compare needed to get a grip of the situation but Sinclair was out of his depth and just didn't know what to do. So just went a long with it. Because he is paid by the club so he will do.To be frank , I thought some of the players didn't look bothered to be there. Fleck barely looked up the whole way round on the bus. Same as some of the others. I'm glad it's done now and we can look to next season.

Not great overall. But a great turnout from the fans.

But as for the swearing, etc.... so what. I'm delighted that our players and staff are unpolished and connected with the fans.

Long may that continue.

This was in a public place though, not Bramall Lane.

I've seen posts and tweets about how Norwich's parade was poor and the players didn't look happy and how we're going to be celebrating like we've won the Championship. We went the opposite way and looked like a set of drunken twats on a Friday night and not like a professional team who had just won promotion to the Premier League who have been invited to the Town Hall.

There's a time and place for the twattery and yesterday wasn't it, imo.

The bloke responsible for the sound recording wants a microphone sticking up his arse,spoiled much of the event.

I'm glad the mic didn't work very well. I think United could have had a lot of flack for this. Still might yet!

Shambles.

It was dressed up as something grand and impressive but was organised extremely poorly. I don't need to repeat all my grievances as they've already been made by several others in this thread.

Generally it needed a BBC Radio Sheffield presenter to run the show - that fantastic turnout just to see the players and backroom staff have an extremely pissed up karaoke sesh was a significant misstep. Was like watching West Street at 3am Sunday morning. Cringeworthy.

Worst of all, it seems everyone who wanted got a go on the mic had their turn no matter how pissed up they were, even the kit man got a foul mouthed song in! Yet Chris Wilder is denied the same opportunity and the moment of his life to address the city from which he hails. Criminal.

Good points. I think they should've got someone like Paul Walker on the mic.

Shambles.

It was dressed up as something grand and impressive but was organised extremely poorly. I don't need to repeat all my grievances as they've already been made by several others in this thread.

Generally it needed a BBC Radio Sheffield presenter to run the show - that fantastic turnout just to see the players and backroom staff have an extremely pissed up karaoke sesh was a significant misstep. Was like watching West Street at 3am Sunday morning. Cringeworthy.

Worst of all, it seems everyone who wanted got a go on the mic had their turn no matter how pissed up they were, even the kit man got a foul mouthed song in! Yet Chris Wilder is denied the same opportunity and the moment of his life to address the city from which he hails. Criminal.

It was ok.

For one reason or another I've not really been able to sample the promotion celebrations til yesterday (don't have kids during a promotion season) so I was determined to make the most of it.

I didn't get into town while about 6:10 and missed the parade as it got to the Town Hall 20 mins early. Would have been much better for all concerned to have it start an hour later surely?

Pitched up outside Holland and Barratt with a big bag of cans and watched from there. Good sing song but everything from the stage was barely audible save for a cringeworthy Gary Sinclair. When he sticks to the script he's the best in the business when he starts ad libbing he makes your teeth itch. Couldn't tell a word McCabe was saying but can only assume it involved liberal use of the word 'Hey'.

Overall though it wasn't as good as the 2017 one, perhaps it didn't have the same novelty value. We are also used to seeing the players 'refreshed' that their antics on stage just felt like playing to the crowd. Wanted to hear from Wilder and Billy Sharp rather than listening to pissed up karaoke (although I must admit it was amusing). All that said it was a special moment at the end with the ticker tape and Wilder doing the badge thumping thing.

Anyway, some points to think on for when we win the FA Cup next year. Great atmosphere in town after that was still going strong when I got a taxi home around 11ish.

I was in the middle with loads of people half my age. I loved it!
I was in the middle too. Chav central where I was, 6ft2 bloke excusing himself to get in front of 5.6 inch me when he could see from behind me. The sound was non existent but still enjoyed it.

Just wish we had a few more songs without swearing in them. We’re gonna get heavily edited on MOTD.

To be honest, how many times can you jump and down with a bottle in your hand. The players must feel the same too?

A great day for all us Blades. But Who the hell was charge of directing this. Playing music killed the bus journey. Someone with any know how would have not just had interviews with the players and manager but also interview the fans. Get a crew amongst the fans poor from the broadcast point of view. Maybe next season after another parade after another celebration
Please put the pros in charge not the lunatics.
One thing that will stick in the mind is one big booze up should have been sober for this parade as it was getting embarrassing.

Last edited:

Well I enjoyed following the parade bus from bramall lane to town centre, but weren't to impressed waiting 45 minutes for them to get onto the podium. It all should have been done a lot faster, the wait for was so dull and Sinclair was pissing me off with his comments.

A more polished cut down version of the bus parade:

Reactions: Dkc
Went to the parade and can safely say it was one of the proudest moments been a blade 30 thousand blades taking over the city painting it red
The pigs and Leeds would die for that

But yet people Love a good moan just enjoy the moment maaaaannnnnnnn

Back
Top Bottom