Coverage of open top bus parade

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It wasn't perfect, largely the sound was barely audible from the mike, but who cares, what matters is that we were there to support this wonderful team and then when you get home listen to the interviews. That's the way I see it. And I thought Cranie was very funny and is clearly a big character.

Stop whining and enjoy the moment!

Enjoy it ffs, it could be a lot worse, you could’ve been one of those people who have nothing to do with us and whose plans have been scuppered due to all the roads being shut off. ;) :D

It wasn't perfect, largely the sound was barely audible from the mike, but who cares, what matters is that we were there to support this wonderful team and then when you get home listen to the interviews. That's the way I see it. And I thought Cranie was very funny and is clearly a big character.

Stop whining and enjoy the moment!
Not whining, and really enjoying the moment. But it could have been better for many people, so some feedback is surely welcome?

Obviously enjoyed it, walking with the bus again was great and just managed to see the stage (peaking around two kids on shoulders).

Speakers were shocking, do they not test them? As others have said, like last year they should've let each player at least get to come out to their own chant.

Yeah the singing once the players were out was fantastic and the players enjoyed it by the looks of it and that's the main thing.

Few problems, didn't need to see Cranie's peen, would've liked to have heard what they were saying, and I'd preferred if there were a few more steward types to make it a bit more organised as people were entering the area, but I'm glad I was there to lend my baritone to the crowd haha

Not great overall. But a great turnout from the fans.

But as for the swearing, etc.... so what. I'm delighted that our players and staff are unpolished and connected with the fans.

Long may that continue.

I thought the whole thing was a bit piss poor once they arrived at the town hall. They spent far too long inside, could barely hear a thing from the speakers, the big screen should have been used to show season highlights or interviews with the players / staff. I don't mind Sinclair as a stadium announcer but he was utterly cringeworthy tonight. It's was much better the last time.
got to agree they spent too long inside it lost a lot of the purpose overall good but sound shocking lots of idiots who didnt care if they up set other fans chucking smoke bombs etc

Not whining, and really enjoying the moment. But it could have been better for many people, so some feedback is surely welcome?
I Watched some of it back when I got home and I'm grateful I couldn't hear Most of it, it was truly painful. I went with my kids and was looking forward to it, only managed to get outside the town hall so missed earlier bits.
Only my opinion and I'm glad that others thought it was good.

But as for the swearing, etc.... so what. I'm delighted that our players and staff are unpolished and connected with the fans.

Long may that continue.

The only people that probably heard the swearing were the ones stood outside Barclays, anywhere off to the Peace Gardens side couldn't hear anything and anyway, bit of swearing is no bother really, Klopp said fucking on BT Sport this evening, it's football, people swear.

If you're going to take offence from something today, it'd be Cranie's bollocks haha

got to agree they spent too long inside it lost a lot of the purpose overall good but sound shocking lots of idiots who didnt care if they up set other fans chucking smoke bombs etc

Not sure why they didn’t just run some of the (excellent) video footage that’s gone on United’s YouTube during the time the players were inside. Instead it was about 30 mins of a whining mic and some strangely audible children talking over the speakers?! At least where I was stood anyway.

It felt a bit like it was supposed to be a more family friendly event - and that’s fine! - with all the reminders not to swear and so on, but I don’t think the players etc got the memo on that one.

Sunday’s #scenes back at the Lane were incredible and I hope I never forget them - this was a bit poo by contrast. Even daft things like doing two renditions of GCB, and THEN Annie’s Song starts playing... Ah well, not something I’ll lose sleep over and to be honest as long as the players and management team enjoyed it, I don’t really care at this point.

Long may that continue.
For people that brought kids tonight, do they not bring them to the games?

Swearing is a constant in football support, it's not hard to have the 'you'll hear some words, don't repeat them elsewhere' chat. It is part and parcel of the unbelievable connection the club have with the fans atm.

Long live Wilder's drunken reign.

For people that brought kids tonight, do they not bring them to the games?

Swearing is a constant in football support, it's not hard to have the 'you'll hear some words, don't repeat them elsewhere' chat. It is part and parcel of the unbelievable connection the club have with the fans atm.

Long live Wilder's drunken reign.

I find the whole precious attitude around swearing and children so shallow and tiresome.

As for any adults who get 'offended' themselves.....

I find the whole precious attitude around swearing and children so shallow and tiresome.

As for any adults who get 'offended' themselves.....
I've got an 8 year old brother who has started going properly this season. It can be difficult making sure he doesn't start swearing at his teacher (L**ds fan), but he is learning there is a time and a place - an important life lesson.

It's better than me discovering swearing and using it non-stop thinking I was a badman in primary school, only to swear at my mum and get obliterated.

League One town hall was tons better. It felt a bit more spur of the moment. Today felt a bit random (and bit awkward and forced at times). Still a great turn out from the fans, and enjoyable for all.

Agree with the "empty apologies" for swearing malarky. I go to football with (at least) three kids, the youngest being 6. We have a rule "you probably know more swear words than me. I don't want to hear them, neither does your mum or your teacher. So keep it buttoned outside of football"

Audio on the live stream was piss poor but it was great to see so many fans following the bus. I felt they spent way too much time in the Town Hall too, sod that, those fans stood there is in rain, go and see them first!

Gary Sinclair is awful, granted, I doubt I could do a better job but I'm sure someone out there can. Way too many comments about the Porkers and it seemed like he wasn't sure what was going to happen next. Then the "sing song" where he started the fans off with the first few lines, Phoenix Nights level of cringe.

Agree with the "empty apologies" for swearing malarky. I go to football with (at least) three kids, the youngest being 6. We have a rule "you probably know more swear words than me. I don't want to hear them, neither does your mum or your teacher. So keep it buttoned outside of football"
Anyone who takes kids to football and expects them not to hear and pick up swearing is living in cloud cuckoo land.
My son has being going regularly since he was 6 and after a couple of years my mum once asked him "so what does daddy shout at the match?", to which he came out with a whole string of phrases that I do say (or at least did, given the football at the time'). So we agreed with him that it's probably best he doesn't say such things outside of a ground.

We’ve certainly got all the last dregs (literally) out of the promotion celebration barrel. For the good of my health, wallet and relationship with my other half, I’m glad it’s over if am honest,

We’ve certainly got all the last dregs (literally) out of the promotion celebration barrel. For the good of my health, wallet and relationship with my other half, I’m glad it’s over if am honest,

Miserable sod - I'll be celebrating all summer.

Well I enjoyed it.

Those two guys who sat on the advertising boarding will be a memory I'll always remember from yesterday, amongst many others of course! I don think promotion has sunk in for me even now!

Audio on the live stream was piss poor but it was great to see so many fans following the bus. I felt they spent way too much time in the Town Hall too, sod that, those fans stood there is in rain, go and see them first!

Gary Sinclair is awful, granted, I doubt I could do a better job but I'm sure someone out there can. Way too many comments about the Porkers and it seemed like he wasn't sure what was going to happen next. Then the "sing song" where he started the fans off with the first few lines, Phoenix Nights level of cringe.

I think that's harsh on Gary Sinclair, I would guess that it was left fairly open in terms of timing and he probably had no idea or control of how long the players were going to stay in the Town Hall, which probably wasn't their choice either. The main problem was the sound system was awful but my guess is that they couldn't do much about it at that late stage.

He referenced Wednesday to try and get the crowd going who were getting pissed off with the waiting. I honestly thought why are we waiting might be sung, like being back at school if it went on longer without the players!

Back
Top Bottom