Coutts & Fleck

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Chali 2na

The Tuna fish that descended from Lake Michigan
Reaction score
Behind wondering if we'll score enough goals, my biggest fear this season was whether or not we would be able to manage without Fleck and Coutts.

Im delighted to say, after some excellent recruitment, it's no longer a concern. Central midfield is now probably our strongest area these days.

We've gone for years almost exclusively with 1 dimensional midfielders, who offer little, to an abundance of capable options in 2 seasons.

Behind wondering if we'll score enough goals, my biggest fear this season was whether or not we would be able to manage without Fleck and Coutts.

Im delighted to say, after some excellent recruitment, it's no longer a concern. Central midfield is now probably our strongest area these days.

We've gone for years almost exclusively with 1 dimensional midfielders, who offer little, to an abundance of capable options in 2 seasons.

I still think we'll look back at the end of the season and see the Coutts injury as that sliding doors moment.

He doesn't break his leg and we're pushing for that second automatic spot.

As it is, Tufty has scrambled well and Evans has been an excellent recruit.

Next season we'll have the option of playing Fleck, Coutts and Evans away from home which will enable us to keep things tight and pack the midfield. Away from home I still think we've looked best when we've had 3 in centre mid, a No 10 and x1 CF - a la Hillsborough....

Is Fleck available for Friday v Hull ?

And when Coutts is back what happens? Are Evans, Leonard and Lundstram going to be happy sat on the bench?

I think Wilder actually made a mistake in signing too many midfielders, we didn't need Evans, Leonard AND Holmes and none of them are going to be happy about not starting, which once Coutts is back I cant see happening too often.

And when Coutts is back what happens? Are Evans, Leonard and Lundstram going to be happy sat on the bench?

We don't know at this stage how long it will take Coutts to get back to fitness, let alone to regain the form he was in before Burton. I think the planning assumption has to be that he won't be an automatic first choice when he returns.

I think Wilder actually made a mistake in signing too many midfielders, we didn't need Evans, Leonard AND Holmes and none of them are going to be happy about not starting, which once Coutts is back I cant see happening too often.
I think the only redundancies are in Lundstram, Evans and Coutts. They all play a similar role. I think Lundstram will need to look further forward if he wants to start. Otherwise it'll be difficult for him

The mistake was that we were short when the August window shut. Coutts might be fit for the start of the new season but he may take some time getting up to speed.

Can you explain why we didn’t need Holmes and Leonard, nevermind Evans?

The mistake was that we were short when the August window shut. Coutts might be fit for the start of the new season but he may take some time getting up to speed.

Can you explain why we didn’t need Holmes and Leonard, nevermind Evans?
I said we didn't need all three not any of them. Duffy and Brooks play in Holmes position, Fleck and Evans are first choice in Leonard's position. Evans is the only one who I would qualify as a 'must' signing as he plays Coutts role.

It becomes even more crowded when Coutts is back.

For all the signings Fleck, Coutts and Duffy still the best trio we have by some way. Evans has done ok so far and jury out on Leonard and Holmes. Do not think Lundstram is consistent enough. Decent ball player but lacks mobility and tackling strength. Not sure he is a top 6 starting midfielder.

I said we didn't need all three not any of them. Duffy and Brooks play in Holmes position, Fleck and Evans are first choice in Leonard's position. Evans is the only one who I would qualify as a 'must' signing as he plays Coutts role.

Good! Callled competition..all 3 were great additions young, good fee and potential. We have 4 players for 2 positions for more than half a season.. one suspension and an injury and it’s bare bones again.

You can’t write off half a season because a player will be back in 9 months. What if Coutts comes back from Injury as the 2015/16 Paul Coutts?

If players are unhappy about being left out take Billy’s lead and work hard to get back in. If they cry about it and sulk then ship them out.

Competition like this can only improve the team in the long term and short term

Brooks doesn’t and won’t play in the duffy role

QPR had a 3.5million Luongo made to look amateur by Lundstram and Evans.

If you recall the last bad injury Coutts had it took him about 2 years to find his form again. That might be because he suffered half a season with negative nige and a full season with calamity nige. But who knows. I still think though people are putting too much on his return next season. Because you never know

We 5 CMs for 2 roles: I don't think that's unreasonable, I think its perfect.

There will be plenty of occasions (like last night) where 2 or more of them will be unavailable.

I still think we'll look back at the end of the season and see the Coutts injury as that sliding doors moment.

Next season we'll have the option of playing Fleck, Coutts and Evans away from home which will enable us to keep things tight and pack the midfield. Away from home I still think we've looked best when we've had 3 in centre mid, a No 10 and x1 CF - a la Hillsborough....
So you've wrote this season off ? When anythings possible, including automatic !

'Next season we'll have the option of playing Fleck, Coutts and Evans.....'

Just remember we'll be up against Premier league opposition next season.

62D2EB5D-4382-49A9-9EC7-05A9FF2ABF4F.jpeg

We 5 CMs for 2 roles: I don't think that's unreasonable, I think its perfect.

There will be plenty of occasions (like last night) where 2 or more of them will be unavailable.

Some people still haven’t realised that Tuftyball isn’t limited to eleven players. They’ll all play a part or move on. That’s football; that’s life.

Alternatively we could have Montgomery, Doyle, Legsowood and Quinn and keep everyone happy.

Wilders squad now to what Adkins left him with is different gravy
solidity we have shown in our first season back is outstanding
take out wolves away with 10 men and cardiff and an off day at millwall we have lost only by the odd goal in the other games
no one has really wiped the floor with us, and we can rotate duffy fleck cover utts loss now andstill maintain our style
1 x 2-0 a 3-1 and a 3-0 is no worse than the other top clubs , some of who have had some thumpings

For all the signings Fleck, Coutts and Duffy still the best trio we have by some way. Evans has done ok so far and jury out on Leonard and Holmes. Do not think Lundstram is consistent enough. Decent ball player but lacks mobility and tackling strength. Not sure he is a top 6 starting midfielder.

Juries don’t go out until the end of the case when they’ve heard all the evidence.

Evans has done far better than okay.

Wilders squad now to what Adkins left him with is different gravy
solidity we have shown in our first season back is outstanding
take out wolves away with 10 men and cardiff and an off day at millwall we have lost only by the odd goal in the other games
no one has really wiped the floor with us, and we can rotate duffy fleck cover utts loss now andstill maintain our style
1 x 2-0 a 3-1 and a 3-0 is no worse than the other top clubs , some of who have had some thumpings

We ❤️ utts.

So you've wrote this season off ? When anythings possible, including automatic !

Where did I say that???

If you go back and read what I actually wrote and not the incorrect conclusion you've jumped to is: without the injury to Coutts we don't go the next 10 games with just one win, and we're sat here now with a realistic shot at automatic promotion.

'Next season we'll have the option of playing Fleck, Coutts and Evans.....'

Just remember we'll be up against Premier league opposition next season.

Yep. Add in JOC, Baldock, Brooks and we're looking at a core of young (ish)players who are improving all the time.

Back
Top Bottom