Could this weekend's fixtures be the death-knell of our EPL season?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Playing like the last 2 games might beat Derby's record, but it probably ends finishing 20th.

Beating a below average League 1 side, doesn't count for much in this league.
weve only got to beat west brom and brighton at home and sneak a point off somebody else to beat derbys record we will achieve it comfortably imo

weve only got to beat west brom and brighton at home and sneak a point off somebody else to beat derbys record we will achieve it comfortably imo

Well it will a successful season then, and a great time to celebrate!

I must firstly state that I am not a professional psychologist, but believe me when I say, it is essential, if we are to stay up, to discard that fucking pink monstrosity of a kit. It’s absolutely bloody awful and we should be donning the famous red and white stripes at every single opportunity.

Why do we wear it in every away fixture anyway, it’s just such a Billy big bollocks Premier League thing to do? But ’Baby Pink’ hardly arouses a sense of steely determination, that motivates the players for yet another blood curdling 90 minutes of do or die passionate battle to the death, to bring home the 3 points.

In the event that we actually have a ‘proper old school’ colour clash, wear the third kit, but please consign that pink abomination to the dustbin, preferably on top of the twat who commissioned it, whatever her name is 🤬

Disregarding the FA Cup, have we got even earned a point whilst wearing it ? Its jinxed I tell thee 🤔
This pink is shocking...yep shocking pink

Ahh so you are living in 1950 where sexism is perfectly ok

Whilst I don’t really want to enter into a boring debate with you about your ill conceived, ‘look at me’, lazy assumptions. I will point out to you that for many years in this country, from the bleak and ignorant 1950’s, right through to the enlightened 2000s, the colour blue has been, and still is, associated with a boy and the colour pink associated with a girl.

This abhorrent colour coding of the sexes is still evident today in baby clothes, footwear, bedroom decor and even in a preferred choice of car colour.

As I can’t make it down to Hampshire, may I suggest SotonBlade the next time you get invited to a trendy, post 1950’s ‘gender reveal’ party, as no doubt you will, you seize the moment and let forth with your dull, self important,sexism tirade to your ‘cavemen’ hosts, face to face.

Thankfully I’ve got real world issues to deal with, of far greater importance than feeding your pretentious ego and quite frankly, even if you are genuinely offended, so fucking what? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:
Playing like the last 2 games might beat Derby's record, but it probably ends finishing 20th.

Beating a below average League 1 side, doesn't count for much in this league.
It's a start .and helped us up confidence to beat Newcastle
It's how you get out of slumps
You don't win games 4 and 5 nil all at once

We are 10 points adrift of safety with 20 games left
West ham overcame being 10 points adrift with 9 games left in 2007

So why are you writing us off

Last 2 games we've created plenty of opportunities

If we were winning 1-0 with our only effort at goal I'd agree with you

But we are still fighting

Spurs manure n city next 😱
And .....We got 4 points from those last season
Why are people so negative and looking for the worst outcome
Football should be about hope expectation and belief

Our fans seem to be content wallowing in failure accepting some inevitable that's yet to occur

Yes we have been poor (past tense)
We are playing better (present tense)
We can improve some more (future tense )
Belief is free . Try some

Last edited:
Whilst I don’t really want to enter into a boring debate with you about your ill conceived, ‘look at me’, lazy assumptions. I will point out to you that for many years in this country, from the bleak and ignorant 1950’s, right through to the enlightened 2000s, the colour blue has been, and still is, associated with a boy and the colour pink associated with a girl.

This abhorrent colour coding of the sexes is still evident today in baby clothes, footwear, bedroom decor and even in a preferred choice of car colour.

As I can’t make it down to Hampshire, may I suggest @SotonBlade the next time you get invited to a trendy, post 1950’s ‘gender reveal’ party, as no doubt you will, you seize the moment and let forth with your dull, self important,sexism tirade to your ‘cavemen’ hosts, face to face.

Thankfully I’ve got real world issues to deal with, of greater importance than feeding your pretentious ego and quite frankly, even if you are genuinely offended, so fucking what?

What are you on about, 'abhorrent colour coding of the sexes', & 'gender reveal party'? This sounds more like a tirade to me!

Not seem many males at BDBL dressed in pastel shades over the years. Being a child of the 60's it was a much better time than today. Today those on the loony liberal left claim that we are more enlightened, garbage, utter garbage. At least we knew the difference between right & wrong & had a respect for authority.

PC wokedom is ruining this country with its stupid ideas, like banning 'Rule Britannia' at the proms, the only statement I agree with is your final line!

What are you on about, 'abhorrent colour coding of the sexes', & 'gender reveal party'? This sounds more like a tirade to me!

Not seem many males at BDBL dressed in pastel shades over the years. Being a child of the 60's it was a much better time than today. Today those on the loony liberal left claim that we are more enlightened, garbage, utter garbage. At least we knew the difference between right & wrong & had a respect for authority.

PC wokedom is ruining this country with its stupid ideas, like banning 'Rule Britannia' at the proms, the only statement I agree with is your final line!

Rule Britannia want banned at the Proms.

its the new they are calling Christmas Winterval... never happend.

No disrespect Reverend, but if you’re going to comment, particularly at some length at least do your research and read the thread first. (Posts #20 #22 & #23 #25) are particularly relevant and may explain the post you refer too!

I’m sure at your age sarcasm won’t be a new concept to you! Although sadly you’ve failed to recognise it here!!

As a fellow child of the sixties, I can assure you The Vicar that on this subject we are definitely both singing from the same hymn sheet 😉

(Hymn sheet, Vicar, did you see that?......brilliant🤣)

Last edited:
It's been a lifetime of changes to any child of the fifties and sixties. Women having babies out of wedlock were treat like criminals. Women were
housewives very few in business.
Football was a working class sport where players got a pittance. That's why they took bribes and back handers.
Immigrants who had just started to come into the country were the exception not the 12 per cent we have today.
We saw the first Chinese take sways and Indian restaurants after only having chip shops. Social media took weeks as it was by written letters. Phones were 4 pennies and press button b for a 1 minute call

Polical correctness was an MP doing something right. The class system was still responsible for the career you had.

It's took women from the suffragettes in 1920 a hundred years to get accepted as equal and even now not fully
Immigrants in the main have fared far better . There's far more legislation protecting them after only 60 years.
We've had to alter in so many ways from how we used to live. Being gay when I was brought up was still a criminal offence. But that's needed to be sorted since the Romans ran the country.

If the children of the sixties say the odd irreverent comment it doesn't bear malice but sometimes change in society is faster than what were the morals of our upbringing in a different world

And .....We got 4 points from those last season
Why are people so negative and looking for the worst outcome
Football should be about hope expectation and belief

Our fans seem to be content wallowing in failure accepting some inevitable that's yet to occur

Yes we have been poor (past tense)
We are playing better (present tense)
We can improve some more (future tense )
Belief is free . Try some

If the performances carry on in the next couple of games, I will agree with that "We are playing better" conclusion.

Right now, i'm not convinced it wasn't a result of playing poor opposition.

If the performances carry on in the next couple of games, I will agree with that "We are playing better" conclusion.

They drew at liverpool recently. We made them look poor by taking the initiative
I tend to think we have been far better than a 2 points from 17 game team .
We haven't had any breaks and been on the wrong end of poor decisions
I think overall we should be on more like 12 than 2 points .may be more
How we lost at west brom still baffles me

They drew at liverpool recently. We made them look poor by taking the initiative
I tend to think we have been far better than a 2 points from 17 game team .
We haven't had any breaks and been on the wrong end of poor decisions
I think overall we should be on more like 12 than 2 points .may be more
How we lost at west brom still baffles me

Newcastle played 2 offensive players and were down to 10 men in the first half.

Lets wait to see what happens this weekend.

Are you a parody?

No one cares what some skidmark from Leicester thinks

I must firstly state that I am not a professional psychologist, but believe me when I say, it is essential, if we are to stay up, to discard that fucking pink monstrosity of a kit. It’s absolutely bloody awful and we should be donning the famous red and white stripes at every single opportunity.

Why do we wear it in every away fixture anyway, it’s just such a Billy big bollocks Premier League thing to do? But ’Baby Pink’ hardly arouses a sense of steely determination, that motivates the players for yet another blood curdling 90 minutes of do or die passionate battle to the death, to bring home the 3 points.

In the event that we actually have a ‘proper old school’ colour clash, wear the third kit, but please consign that pink abomination to the dustbin, preferably on top of the twat who commissioned it, whatever her name is 🤬

Disregarding the FA Cup, have we got even earned a point whilst wearing it ? Its jinxed I tell thee 🤔

You have a point about the pink kit. Remember Norwich painted their dressing away room pink and we covered it up.

Pink has been definitively linked to toning down aggression, and its use in holding cells for violent criminals has been quite effective. Some sports teams have even painted opposing teams locker rooms pink in an attempt to reduce aggression. Pink is such an effective mood regulator that too much of it can by physically draining. Dark pinks have effects similar to red–heightened emotions, while pale pinks are more soothing.

As I can’t make it down to Hampshire, may I suggest SotonBlade the next time you get invited to a trendy, post 1950’s ‘gender reveal’ party, as no doubt you will, you seize the moment and let forth with your dull, self important,sexism tirade to your ‘cavemen’ hosts, face to face.

Thankfully I’ve got real world issues to deal with, of far greater importance than feeding your pretentious ego and quite frankly, even if you are genuinely offended, so fucking what? 🤷🏻‍♂️

This looks like when people programme computers to argue with themselves! You're both making the same point, but one of you is doing it sarcastically - so badly that it sets off another one into a rant.

Back
Top Bottom