Contactless Payment and poorly written posts

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Bloody Rod Stewart.

Is it just me that finds these old men and women strutting about singing cringeworthy?
Rod, Madonna, all those 60’s/70’s/80s rock bands....vomit.
Just fucking retire, enjoy your old age and stop trying to act or look like a youngster.
They can’t friggin sing anymore anyway, Rod could hardly sing in his prime FFS!
Agree with a lot.. disagree with black sabbath. Amazing live still!

Bloody Rod Stewart.

Is it just me that finds these old men and women strutting about singing cringeworthy?
Rod, Madonna, all those 60’s/70’s/80s rock bands....vomit.
Just fucking retire, enjoy your old age and stop trying to act or look like a youngster.
They can’t friggin sing anymore anyway, Rod could hardly sing in his prime FFS!
Their music is so much better than the shit created these days , go into any decent bar or club and its the pre 90s music which everyone loves ,even the young uns.

Their music is so much better than the shit created these days , go into any decent bar or club and its the pre 90s music which everyone loves ,even the young uns.

Some great stuff in the 90s for certain genres, a bit crept through in the early 2000's but it's been wank since.

I don't understand how that shite mournful ballad music that every fucker is doing is as popular as it is.

Contactless worked ok for my two Heineken in plastic bottles at £4.50 each. And by the way, the concert was great. If only the Blades crowd could sing with such gusto as the crowd did last night the atmosphere wouldn't be criticised! As to ageing singers, what is wrong with that? If they weren't that good do you think they would still be selling out large venues? Oh, and by the way, he congratulated the Blades on their promotion to be met by a mixture of cheers and boos. Obviously a lot of the 'massive' fans making a secret visit to BL after all - perhaps to see what a Prem ground was really like.

Contactless worked ok for my two Heineken in plastic bottles at £4.50 each. And by the way, the concert was great. If only the Blades crowd could sing with such gusto as the crowd did last night the atmosphere wouldn't be criticised! As to ageing singers, what is wrong with that? If they weren't that good do you think they would still be selling out large venues? Oh, and by the way, he congratulated the Blades on their promotion to be met by a mixture of cheers and boos. Obviously a lot of the 'massive' fans making a secret visit to BL after all - perhaps to see what a Prem ground was really like.

Did you all get piss wet through? In S20 there was basically a monsoon about half an hour after the concert started.

Any noticeable ground improvements from the inside?

Did you all get piss wet through? In S20 there was basically a monsoon about half an hour after the concert started.

Any noticeable ground improvements from the inside?
Rain miraculously stopped 10 minutes before support act finished and then sun came out (true). I missed support act as my seat was on stadium floor with no shelter. I might have got wet for Rod but not for an unkown support act who sounded good but not good enough to get drenched to. Getting soft in my old age. Started raining again as Rod did his encore - 2 hours and 5 minuites later. Couldn't see any major ground changes apart from Desso well covered by metal flooring! Stage was set in front of John Street stand.

Rain miraculously stopped 10 minutes before support act finished and then sun came out (true). I missed support act as my seat was on stadium floor with no shelter. I might have got wet for Rod but not for an unkown support act who sounded good but not good enough to get drenched to. Getting soft in my old age. Started raining again as Rod did his encore - 2 hours and 5 minuites later. Couldn't see any major ground changes apart from Desso well covered by metal flooring! Stage was set in front of John Street stand.

2 hours of him? Blimey.

I saw a band I mildly liked at the Arena recently. After a relentless two hours of them at high volume I’ll never listen to them again. :)

Totally agree, however it doesn’t mean they look great strutting about and carrying on like they are still some rock god sex symbol!

Jagger and the Stones are the worst for me. Just let it go. Stop dyeing your hair, and gyrating the hips before you break one.
Music legends should quit while they are ahead just like footballers, once you get to a certain age your vocal chords can’t sing in the same way players legs can’t do the job either.

Don't understand your point ,I went to see the Stones last year at Old Trafford ,it was class ,they were class ,50k people having a great time listening to great musicians still with loads to offer. Many of the audience including my kids would not have had the chance if they just retired ,who is current who could take their place and their history ?

Don't understand your point ,I went to see the Stones last year at Old Trafford ,it was class ,they were class ,50k people having a great time listening to great musicians still with loads to offer. Many of the audience including my kids would not have had the chance if they just retired ,who is current who could take their place and their history ?
I agree. I saw the Stones at Cardiff last year and they were excellent both musically and with the stage setting etc. People like them, Bruce Springsteen, Eagles, Neil Young, Bob Dylan, Chrios Rea etc all have back catalogues of songs that most of us oldies have grown up with and they can still deliver great shows. How many of today's acts will still be touring in 50 years? I won't be around to find out to find out but not many I guess. I'll just enjoy what I can whilst I have the chance. I keep saying I might not got another chance to see them and then two years later they are all back again. Last time I saw the Stones at Don Valley I thought it might be the last chance to see them but have seen them twice since.

Well Ozzy never had a voice to lose, did he?

They've finally called it a day, haven't they? Due to Tony Iommi's health, I imagine.
Ozzy's voice is a weird case. Singing, he's understandable. General conversation and he's a mumbling wreck. Or he certainly was back in the day. As for them disbanding, aye they called it a day a couple of years ago. However they are planning a get together for the 2022 commonwealth games as that's in Birmingham.

He was nowhere near to selling out though was he. That’s why the stage was turned round so it could look a bit full

He was nowhere near to selling out though was he. That’s why the stage was turned round so it could look a bit full
That's true actually, it wasn't sold out last night My comment was a bit of a generalisation of these big stars and their concerts. I was surprised he has done so many of these concerts at football stadiums around the country. There had been heavy advertisng since it was announced so it was pretty obvious ticket sales here were not as good as they thought. Oh well, just off to have to have a listen to my father's present of the new Bruce Springsteen album on vinyl!

I don't understand what issues people have about other people enjoying themselves or carrying on doing what they've done all their lives and can still sell tickets doing it, just because they're older. The great thing about living in these times is there is no age barrier anymore, unless you create it yourself, that is. Bloody hell I hope I never get so miserable. For those criticising it, if you're young, I hope you stay in with the curtains shut when you get old and don't bother anyone else. If you're old, take the missus for her blue rinse and then go home for an early night and leave the fun oldies to it.

Back
Top Bottom