Contactless Payment and poorly written posts

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

bromtom

Well-Known Member/ Former F1 Driver Jos Verstappen
Reaction score
The raspy voiced bog brush impersonator Rod Stewart is playing the Lane tonight, and after reading this grammatically challenged post on the official site, it seems a new payment system will be in use - trial run for the coming season?

On Saturday 15th June, Sheffield welcomes the global music star Sir Rod Stewart to the "Home of Football" take the stage at Bramall Lane Stadium.
Anyone heading to the event must note that a new cashless till system will be in operation at the Stadium.
All payments can be made using the following methods
  • All major contactless debit and credit cards, with chip and pin applying for purchases over £30.
  • Mobile and wearable payment, including Apple Pay and Google Pay - this method supports high-value contactless payments.

General admission gates are set to be open at 5pm, with hospitality gates opening at the slightly earlier time of 4pm.
The first set of live entertainment due to take place at approximately 6:45pm.
Click here for full overview on FAQs about the event, and more information on travel, parking, security and do's and don't's for the occasion.

I'm assuming it's new altogether and not just a new provider, but I wouldn't know because the last time I bought something from the concourses, chip and pin was a novelty, never mind contactless and Apple Pay, so let me know if I'm miles off.

Anyone going?

Who's spending more than £30 in the ground? It's about time that we went fully contactless to be honest. Should help that cheery lot deal with the queues at half time.

Not just grammatically challenged. It's factually incorrect as well. Contactless is for payments upp to and not over £30.
It reads like an email from one of those Nigerian bods wanting to give you 100 squillion quid.

While it's definitely in need of a proof; it's not incorrect is it?

I think Apple Pay and Google Pay do allow for contactless over £30, and it does say that it's chip and pin for over £30 (i.e. rather than contactless).

Considering tickets for this concert are around £100 and up, spending £30 on programmes (not free quid) a drink and any food, I'd guess contactless (upto £30) will be used a lot though chip n pin will be used more, as I'd guess the programmes will be £10, the gravel voiced octogenarian or whatever he is knows how to replenish his fortune with gullible 60/70 year old groupies 😂

Bloody Rod Stewart.

Is it just me that finds these old men and women strutting about singing cringeworthy?
Rod, Madonna, all those 60’s/70’s/80s rock bands....vomit.
Just fucking retire, enjoy your old age and stop trying to act or look like a youngster.
They can’t friggin sing anymore anyway, Rod could hardly sing in his prime FFS!

Bloody Rod Stewart.

Is it just me that finds these old men and women strutting about singing cringeworthy?
Just fucking retire, enjoy your old age and stop trying to act or look like a youngster.
Reported to the Home Office for ageism,I have never been so flabber and gasted in my life,at this outrageous attack on a certain section of the community.

Bloody Rod Stewart.

Send him back digging graves for Brentford.
That'll learn him.

Not just grammatically challenged. It's factually incorrect as well. Contactless is for payments upp to and not over £30.
It reads like an email from one of those Nigerian bods wanting to give you 100 squillion quid.
It actually says Chip and pin for purchases over £30.

The raspy voiced bog brush impersonator Rod Stewart is playing the Lane tonight, and after reading this grammatically challenged post on the official site, it seems a new payment system will be in use - trial run for the coming season?

I'm assuming it's new altogether and not just a new provider, but I wouldn't know because the last time I bought something from the concourses, chip and pin was a novelty, never mind contactless and Apple Pay, so let me know if I'm miles off.

Anyone going?
Well I don’t know anybody under 60 who’s going, and so that message is more likely to make them think that they’ve got to wear glasses instead of contact lenses and the old dears must hold their knickers up with safety pins. 🤪

Bloody Rod Stewart.

Agree in most cases but I really don’t want The Stranglers to stop touring any time soon, still a fantastic live act.

Well, if they are doing this new fangled thing for the new season ...

us owd uns in the Family stand will be ok, we have the Grandkids to mind us ....

the braying donkeys in the South Stand however .... carnage at the Bovril kiosk ...

Bloody Rod Stewart.

What's wrong with this......and her!

Just booked some flights to visit the Algarve, Portugal from the 11th July- 14th July.

Anyone else on here in that neck of the woods around that time.....
Pretty sure I saw bash and Lafferty on an Instagram story too

Just seen on flecks wife's Instagram that they were singing Allez Allez Allez so I'm happy 😂
While it's definitely in need of a proof; it's not incorrect is it?

I think Apple Pay and Google Pay do allow for contactless over £30, and it does say that it's chip and pin for over £30 (i.e. rather than contactless).
It actually says Chip and pin for purchases over £30.

Google Pay and Apple Pay are just extensions of the contactless specification, they support something called "Cardholder Device Verification Method" which basically says to the card machine "it's sound pal let them pay over £30 I've checked their fingerprint". Cool stuff

Speaking as an old cunt (62 years ) I'm in agreement with Grizzly blade. Well said.

Bloody Rod Stewart.

Well I'm in the same age group as Rod but actually I have to agree with you on this. Anyone over a certain age should try and act it a bit more.

Nothing wrong with appearing on stage and singing if you have the talent but jigging about and acting like a twenty year old, forty years after you left your twenties is a bit cringworthy.
Someone with a great voice is always worth listening to but the prancing about could be done away with.

Personally I quite like Rod but not enough to go and watch him live. His voice is unusual but I quite like singers like Joe Cocker and Johnny Cash with unconventional voices so don't have a problem with that aspect.

But No Rod, we don't think you're sexy.

Bloody Rod Stewart.

why is Madonna wearing an eye patch these days? has she joined a pirate crew?

Somebody's going to slip and break a hip in this weather.

Bet they're really glad they got an open air venue now 😂

Just driven through the area.
To summarise -
Grey hair
Obesity
Coats
Traffic jams.
Wet
Threat of pneumonia

Back
Top Bottom