Player Suggestion Conor Hourahane

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I never understood the gripe with him. He was decent enough. Not outstanding, but we've had a lot worse. Surprised he's having to drop a division

It might not necessarily be about ‘having’ to drop a division but choosing to when considering all of the factor involved i.e. wages involved, location of his family etc.

I liked him. Had a nice little spell when playing with Norwood and looked capable when he was used from the bench. BUT, not one for the future and probably on too high a wage to be used as back up. GLTTL

I wouldn’t have minded taking him on a free as a back up midfielder- that said I think his glory days are behind him. And if he’s blocking some of the youth players from a chance then it makes sense to move on

Should have more than enough for league one you’d have thought - interesting that derby seems to be splashing the cash again now.

He's taken a huge whack to his wages going there. Fair play to him.

I liked Hourihane, did a decent if unspectacular job for us.

My only real gripe was his absolute refusal to run with the ball. I've never seen another footballer stop and shuffle around every time they received the ball.

He was a bit of an average Joe for the Championship. OK for cover but I want Utd to have better players in the starting line up. For the money he would have probably wanted to sign for Utd, I think we can do better with the budget. I always got the impression that he thought (initially anyway) that United was a little beneath him after a stint at the love of his life 'Villa'. Reality re wages available and who actually wants him has probably now kicked in. Nice enough lad and he did a reasonable job last season for us, but glad we've all moved on. Glttl.

He was fine for us as back-up, but didn't chip in with enough goals for us for my liking.

Took a decent corner though, which resulted in two John Egan goals, down at Hull.

Him and McGoldrick if they are fit enough should do v.well in L1.

Back
Top Bottom