Incoming? Connor Roberts

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We have perhaps been put off by Forest’s valution. It is bordering on a lot for a right wing back £12m plus. Certainly for one that is unproven in the PL.

We have perhaps been put off by Forest’s valution. It is bordering on a lot for a right wing back £12m plus. Certainly for one that is unproven in the PL.

I hope not, but you never know. I thought he looked right on the money, that Cash guy.

I don't know anything about this Connor Roberts chappie - I'll have to go on YouTube to build up my knowledge and become an expert.

Very solid player and would be an improvement to the squad. If i had choice though Id still pick Cash due to pace and his attacking threat.

I hope not, but you never know. I thought he looked right on the money, that Cash guy.

I don't know anything about this Connor Roberts chappie - I'll have to go on YouTube to build up my knowledge and become an expert.
Hahaha on the money... That cash guy.. lol

Very solid player and would be an improvement to the squad. If i had choice though Id still pick Cash due to pace and his attacking threat.

Yes that's what I was thinking as well, based only on what I've seen on YouTube, but it looks like Cash is a pacey player who gets forward and takes people on. We desperately need that. What we don't need is a static full back in the Les Tibbot mould. Not saying Roberts is a player like that, but it's worth paying more for some attacking pace in addition to good defensive qualities.

Echo the above, Matty Cash looks perfect for us and was one I was really hoping we'd go for this Summer - along with Antonee Robinson for LWB.

I haven't seen much of Connor Roberts, I think Naughton starts in front of him though so not sure he'd improve us?

Nixon says we are after Roberts as competition for George Baldock. The Wales international RB is 24 and at Swansea and would pay around £6m

Also confirms interest in Matty Cash

Roberts has had a bit of an odd season. I was really impressed with him in Potter’s side, and he displayed a good mix at right back of willingness to attack and ability to defend. He was one of the stars of that side, scored a few, and ousted Gunter as first choice for Wales in the process.

For much of this season though, he seemed to lose his way. A lot of that might have been down to adjusting to Steve Cooper’s style, and his performances led to him being dropped to the bench on a few occasions. He seemed to do much better when Cooper switched to wingbacks towards the end of the season.

He‘s probably better in the final third than Baldock, though would be a downgrade defensively. But he’s still learning and would definitely fit the Wilder aim of finding promising players to make better. Not sure with Neco Williams on the rise that for his international career he’d be happy to be on the bench with us at this stage. But I like him, and he could be a good fit.

Relatedly, Swansea are one of the teams to be linked with signing Kieron Freeman. I’d assumed that was as backup to Roberts – perhaps it would actually be as a replacement.

Cash is a more talented player but Roberts is more consistent. I think, I'd rather have Robert for half the money. Especially since he'll just be cover/competition.

I thought Roberts was their best player the first two times we played them in the championship
Did everything well ,seemed to think.quicker than everyone else but also was a real shithouse
Looked like a young player who had just come down from.the prem
Not seen much of him since that first season which surprised he but based on that he'd be good back up

Nixon says we are looking at Roberts as we want a left back. Roberts is a right back so you can probably conclude this is bollocks

You read a tweet or something Roy? Only the Sun article this morning has Nixon quoting him as a right back

I’d be more inclined to believe Richard Nixon than this chancer. Don’t mind a bit of conjecture from journalists but it pisses me of when they present it as some insider knowledge.

Really hope we revisit this ,six million.is a good price for a player I personnaly think.is better than cash anyway especially defensively

Bournemouth were willing to pay ten million last year

Back
Top Bottom