Confess your unpopular opinions regarding SUFC

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I would prefer two sheffield teams to be in the premier league, (rather than have one club in league one and us in the premier league) because of the benefits it would bring to the city.
Would Rotherham in the prem with us be an option? Or do you want that rivalry?

Would Rotherham in the prem with us be an option? Or do you want that rivalry?
I think the rivalry would help raise the profile nationally and internationally. I’d honestly never considered the possibility of Rotherham getting there! It would be funny to hear an old Trafford crowd reacting to going 1-0 down to Rotherham 😂

Our home support is poor. Not in terms of bodies through the turnstile.. That's good... But the level of noise. At times this season you could hear a pin drop... I hate to say it but a significant proportion of our fans need to give their heads a wobble because there's a danger we could turn into a bunch of "entitled" fans... Bramall Lane used to be a bear pit... These days it's more like a ball pool...

Our home support is poor. Not in terms of bodies through the turnstile.. That's good... But the level of noise. At times this season you could hear a pin drop... I hate to say it but a significant proportion of our fans need to give their heads a wobble because there's a danger we could turn into a bunch of "entitled" fans... Bramall Lane used to be a bear pit... These days it's more like a ball pool...

Yeah but bears are scary and who doesn't love a good ball pool.

Ive always found lasses in a blades shirt a bit of a turn on. Now we have a ladies team, my 1st though is either a yes or a no. Iam still struggling to see them as a team and not some sexual fantasy. Iam still trying though. There i said it…

There's nothing wrong in having these feelings and it's something we can explore further in our next session. Next!!!

My Unpopular Opinions:

1. I do not want, or need Ched Evans back at this club. He might be having a half decent season at Preston, and from a purely football point of view, I wish him well, but not here please. He has shown no remorse for his character flaws, which makes him unsuitable for our current squad togetherness.

I have 3 sons still in Sheffield who are blades, and I do not want them to be hero worshipping a player who sets such a bad example of behaviour towards women.

2. I am frustrated by the number of fans who believe the current squad is not good enough for automatic promotion! Calls for one or more players to come in the JTW are unreasonable, given the current financial situation. I would also like a 40m striker added, but we don’t have the money for it. The same goes for midfield hard man. We can’t do it on the cheap, because we don’t get the required quality or a guaranteed fit into this squad.
No outgoing sales and we will be just fine. If we do lose a top player for big money, PH has plans in place for a replacement. In the case of Ndiaye, a like for like replacement is highly unlikely.

We are fortunate to have a great squad, and the manager no longer has to rush players back or pick players carrying knocks.

My Unpopular Opinions:

1. I do not want, or need Ched Evans back at this club. He might be having a half decent season at Preston, and from a purely football point of view, I wish him well, but not here please. He has shown no remorse for his character flaws, which makes him unsuitable for our current squad togetherness.

I have 3 sons still in Sheffield who are blades, and I do not want them to be hero worshipping a player who sets such a bad example of behaviour towards women.

2. I am frustrated by the number of fans who believe the current squad is not good enough for automatic promotion! Calls for one or more players to come in the JTW are unreasonable, given the current financial situation. I would also like a 40m striker added, but we don’t have the money for it. The same goes for midfield hard man. We can’t do it on the cheap, because we don’t get the required quality or a guaranteed fit into this squad.
No outgoing sales and we will be just fine. If we do lose a top player for big money, PH has plans in place for a replacement. In the case of Ndiaye, a like for like replacement is highly unlikely.

We are fortunate to have a great squad, and the manager no longer has to rush players back or pick players carrying knocks.
Not wanting Ched back is probably a majority opinion, not an unpopular one.

For me, his wrongful arrest and successful appeal means he's an innocent man, and disproved accusations against him shouldn't have any bearing on his current or future employment

PH is out of his depth and our league position is more down to having an outstanding squad the thought of him potentially being in charge in the PL fills me with dread.

If there is a new owner I could actually see one of those rare occasions where a promotion winning manager is replaced.

**Tin hat on and logging out..

Our home support is big but quiet. Our away support is small in numbers for where we are but loud

PH is out of his depth and our league position is more down to having an outstanding squad the thought of him potentially being in charge in the PL fills me with dread.

If there is a new owner I could actually see one of those rare occasions where a promotion winning manager is replaced.

I wonder how many sides ever have a high league position based on their manager rather than the quality of the squad? I think having a good manager is important in the same way that having good players, coaches, recruitment personnel, medical personnel etc. are all important.
Was Adkins an exceptional manager, or were the Southampton squad around him a really talented squad?
Ultimately I’d say quality squads win things, and too much emphasis is placed on the significance of the manager.

The same could be said of Pep !!!!

Back
Top Bottom