Confess your unpopular opinions regarding SUFC

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The "Greasy Chip Butty" starts off great and ends with a pretty shit "oooh", it's even worse when not sung in unison.
I’m amazed anyone knows the harmony line let alone tries to sing it.
The only non unison singing I’ve ever heard are Welsh rugby fans at internationals. It does sound good though.

The "Greasy Chip Butty" starts off great and ends with a pretty shit "oooh", it's even worse when not sung in unison.
It should be:

"OOOOH"
clap clap
"OOH, OOH"

But that's seemingly gone by the wayside.

As for too fast? I'm the opposite. Sing it fast, it's a football song not a dirge.

The John Denver original is obviously slow but we shouldn't sing it at that pace.

And it's still bloody brilliant, one of the best footie songs out there. But it's better away/spontaneous when we're not led by it being played on the tannoy I'll grant you.

I think Morgan intended to elbow him but in the chest
not his fault Hume had bent his head down to elbow height
not one person at the time knew the damage done
barnsley kept him sat on the bench ffs only took him to hoapital ages after the incident
that probably did more damage not checking a head injury straight away
i gave him some reyt abuse as he was getting stretched off, i thought hed dived 🙄

It should be:

"OOOOH"
clap clap
"OOH, OOH"

But that's seemingly gone by the wayside.

As for too fast? I'm the opposite. Sing it fast, it's a football song not a dirge.

The John Denver original is obviously slow but we shouldn't sing it at that pace.

And it's still bloody brilliant, one of the best footie songs out there. But it's better away/spontaneous when we're not led by it being played on the tannoy I'll grant you.

YNWA would be awful sung fast.

I'd take a full refund on the 120m worth of Premier League signings and happily start again with what remains and 120m in the bank!

But did we keep the receipts?

Last edited:
No Sheffield United player will score 10 league goals next season.
I will reserve judgement on that toll we see who we have available.
Considering Brewster go double with Swansea I'd expect him to find the net against the much poorer championship defences like Pukki has.
I think we could see most changes in the squad at the front.

Sharp may be too old
Burke lacks .....well everything
Mc burnie again scored with ease for Barnsley and Swansea and could rekindle his career again against the championship defences

Heckingbottom

“You’re not going to get a player any more motivated than when he’s playing for his own future, which John is right now.”

“I can understand the frustrations because of the season but in terms of effort and commitment, you only have to look at the physical data to see he is making the effort.

🤪

I will reserve judgement on that toll we see who we have available.
Considering Brewster go double with Swansea I'd expect him to find the net against the much poorer championship defences like Pukki has.
Don't worry.

This is Sheffield United.

We'll soon coach that out of him!

Heckingbottom

“You’re not going to get a player any more motivated than when he’s playing for his own future, which John is right now.”

“I can understand the frustrations because of the season but in terms of effort and commitment, you only have to look at the physical data to see he is making the effort.

🤪
Horseshit.

what a waste of space Heckingbottom is.

Heckingbottom

🤪
He’s surely not said that.

Heckingbottom

🤪
What a shithouse you are Heckingbottom.

I don’t think McGoldrick is as good a link player as people make out. He has moments of brilliance, but too often dallies on the ball or runs into trouble.
I used to think the same about Duffy.

More of a confession than an opinion:

I was still referring to Paul Coutts as 'Phil' as late as 2017. I've no idea why, it just seems that the part of my brain that was responsible for forming the name 'Paul Coutts' often put out a rogue 'Phil' on occasion.

Same thing used to happen in bed with my ex-wife when I often called out her sister's name, with comical, if painful results.

Yes, true. I should certainly add that I think every team needs one player who will try those moments of magic. I also really like having McGoldrick in the team. I just don’t he’s quite the quality that people sometimes make out.
Thank God. I thought I was the only one. Lovely player, but the praise goes a bit overboard at times.

Thank God. I thought I was the only one. Lovely player, but the praise goes a bit overboard at times.
Last season he was, at times, a hindrance. There was not enough end product re goals or assists.

This season things have improved goals wise and everyone else is awful so he’s always worth a place.

Back
Top Bottom