Confess your unpopular opinions regarding SUFC

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We should've pushed the boat out to sign Cameron Jerome in 2005. Instead, we signed Akinbiyi and Horsefield. That shortsightedness began the decline of us until Wilder took over. I firmly believe we would've stayed up in the PL if he signed and in tandem would've had a better career with us because of that.

Sander Berge is head and shoulders our best player technically, he is also the most comfortable on the ball. But is the right signing at the wrong time.

Rhiann Brewster has an amazing footballing brain, if you watch him closely he's got all the attributes to make it to the very top. I really despair when some of our fans have already written him off.

We don’t need any additional capacity at BDTBL. 32k is more than ample.

The facilities need to be upgraded though for 10-15 year’s time when we might be back in the PL.

The "Greasy Chip Butty" starts off great and ends with a pretty shit "oooh", it's even worse when not sung in unison.
I'll go further. I am pretty tired of it now. It's over played and over done. I have this overall view that "club" and "fans" should have a certain degree of separation. For example, I don't think the club should refer to themselves as the Blades or use that name in general, that's the fans' nickname for us, players, club etc and for us to use. The club should say United.
With the GCB it annoys me that the club sets it off ever single half - it's no longer spontaneous. I don't care about everyone coming in on cue, it was better when it started at the back of the kop and swept across the ground, even if I did only get to sing half of it.
The wider world has latched onto it and now comments on it, albeit positively, just fuck off. I think it's a bad thing that fans argue over the wording - just sing what you want, who cares? The ending has become flat and silly, I remember it being a powerful sound leading into people shouting "come on Blades" etc. Fans even argue about when the "ooh" should come.
Can't someone come up with a replacement?

I'll go further. I am pretty tired of it now. It's over played and over done. I have this overall view that "club" and "fans" should have a certain degree of separation. For example, I don't think the club should refer to themselves as the Blades or use that name in general, that's the fans' nickname for us, players, club etc and for us to use. The club should say United.
With the GCB it annoys me that the club sets it off ever single half - it's no longer spontaneous. I don't care about everyone coming in on cue, it was better when it started at the back of the kop and swept across the ground, even if I did only get to sing half of it.
The wider world has latched onto it and now comments on it, albeit positively, just fuck off. I think it's a bad thing that fans argue over the wording - just sing what you want, who cares? The ending has become flat and silly, I remember it being a powerful sound leading into people shouting "come on Blades" etc. Fans even argue about when the "ooh" should come.

The GCB used to be sung a little slower and there was a bigger pause before the "OOOOOO". Even as recently as early 2000s Warnock era it was good.

For the last 10 years it's become rushed to the point it is losing coherence. It's almost as though the fans don't have any patience........................................

Of the candidates I've seen mentioned, Paul Heckingbottom has the best attributes for what we'll need next season - namely bringing through young players.

We've got under-performing young players that were bought for big money like Rhian, Sander, Ramsdale that need a coach who can unlock their ability. We've also got a talented U23 team that will need to be integrated into the first team. From the work he's done with the U23s and the job he did at Barnsley, he could be the ideal man for the job. BUT, he's not the "big name" I suspect we'll be chasing.

The "Greasy Chip Butty" starts off great and ends with a pretty shit "oooh", it's even worse when not sung in unison.
"Greasy" chip butties are overrated and we should be singing about the virtues of a butty made from crisp chips with a fluffy middle

The GCB used to be sung a little slower and there was a bigger pause before the "OOOOOO". Even as recently as early 2000s Warnock era it was good.

For the last 10 years it's become rushed to the point it is losing coherence. It's almost as though the fans don't have any patience........................................
100%. It used to be quite intimidating, especially at away games. I remember under Bassett, when we sang it at Spurs and it filled the whole of WHL, spine tingling. Now it's an anthem not a chant, and once the club take it over, well it loses its point doesn't it? When did the club start to play it? It seems like a long time to me.

100%. It used to be quite intimidating, especially at away games. I remember under Bassett, when we sang it at Spurs and it filled the whole of WHL, spine tingling. Now it's an anthem not a chant, and once the club take it over, well it loses its point doesn't it? When did the club start to play it? It seems like a long time to me.
I don't know, a long time ago. The very worst was at Wembley when they played the whole John Denver track. WTF? Just run the burger stands and clean the toilets, we'll do the singing.

One cracker on Football Heaven . A BLADE FROM Intake said the Prince will ruin us and he'd already taken 200m from the club. We've never had 200m. Ever.
We've spent 130m on players in 2 seasons and the wage bills more than doubled to 40m over 2 years that is 80m and we've missed out on 20m in gate receipts and lost all executive box income and shop sales on match days
That's 250m plus he's not had
And Sky dropped the money this season
Plus massively increased medical costs
We will need every penny of the 40m parachute payments to just pay wages

And he's had to buy the stadium

Be lucky to buy a box of Peronis

Last edited:

One cracker on Football Heaven . A BLADE FROM Intake said the Prince will ruin us and he'd already taken 200m from the club. We've never had 200m. Ever.
We've spent 130m on players in 2 seasons and the wage bills more than doubled to 40m over 2 years that is 80m and we've missed out on 20m in gate receipts and lost all executive box income and shop sales on match days
That's 250m plus he's not had
And Sky dropped the money this season
Plus massively increased medical costs
We will need every penny of the 40m parachute payments to just pay wages

And he's had to buy the stadium

Be lucky to buy a box of Peronis
As he stressed in his interview, it's £130m NET. Most clubs have sold players to help finance transfers but we haven't since Brookes was sold nearly three years ago. That in itself is unusual for United. Now it may well be that changes this summer, which is why he stressed the NET point but either way, there was backing, unprecedented at this club ever.

For example, I don't think the club should refer to themselves as the Blades or use that name in general, that's the fans' nickname for us, players, club etc and for us to use. The club should say United.
Thats just fucking stupid
Why shouldnt the club refer to themslelves as Blades ? Thats been our nickname for well over 100 years
Its original to Sheffield United. The club calling itself United doesnt differentiate itself from the other 'Uniteds' in existence manily Small Heath

Why shouldnt the club refer to themslelves as Blades ? Thats been our nickname for well over 100 years
Its original to Sheffield United. The club calling itself United doesnt differentiate itself from the other 'Uniteds' in existence manily Small Heath
Small heath is Birmingham city

Newton Heath was man Utd roots

Because Sheffield United is the club's name so that's how the club should refer to itself. Blades is a nickname that others use to refer to it. If your nickname is Beer Monster, your mates might call you that in the pub, but you wouldn't introduce yourself in a business meeting as "hi, I'm Beer Monster".
Just to note, as mentioned above, this is the unpopular opinions thread. I don't expect anyone to agree with me and don't have to justify any of it.

Because Sheffield United is the club's name so that's how the club should refer to itself. Blades is a nickname that others use to refer to it. If your nickname is Beer Monster, your mates might call you that in the pub, but you wouldn't introduce yourself in a business meeting as "hi, I'm Beer Monster".
That above has no relevence whatsoever
Lots of football clubs are well known by their nicknames
How did you know my nickname btw

Just to note, as mentioned above, this is the unpopular opinions thread. I don't expect anyone to agree with me and don't have to justify any of it.

I did forget the thread title

I don't think the club should refer to themselves as the Blades or use that name in general, that's the fans' nickname for us, players, club etc and for us to use. The club should say United.
Bramall_Lane_End.jpg290px-Bramall_lane1.jpg

bit late for that
Every time we are on tv that's all people see with no fans

861a5930326637136a3d43f6915bb876.jpg

Last edited:
290px-Bramall_lane1.jpg

bit late for that
Every time we are on tv that's all people see with no fans

What "BLAVDES"?

The club not using the term blades
It's an opinion that I have, which I have posted on a thread called "confess your unpopular opinions". The fact that it happens and I disagree with it leads me to have an opinion about it which goes along the lines of "I don't think they should". Do you understand the point of the thread?

Back
Top Bottom