Compared with last season...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

You've got to love a graph in the morning.

Apologies all. In hospital at the mo. but will catch up!

League one/championship excuse. I'm a here and now forum member. It's bullshit.

But really, all the best

Not really understanding?

Sorry, was quoting Wilders interview after the Leicester match, airing my disappointment. Just a bit of light-hearted nothing to worry aboutness.

Followed the compared to last season thread for ages, enjoy it.

1 point behind last year.

Do we have a new statto to pick up batten from the great grafikhaus

It's three points behind if we're comparing results in the same fixtures. We beat Wolves in the home fixture 1-0 last season. Egan. Two goals in two games.

One point behind if we're comparing results after one game irrespective of the opponent.

It's three points behind if we're comparing results in the same fixtures. We beat Wolves in the home fixture 1-0 last season. Egan. Two goals in two games.

One point behind if we're comparing results after one game irrespective of the opponent.
Apparently there are major problems in comparing like for like fixtures rather than just using the calender approach fixtures. I'll let PeterNdlovu081 explain

Apparently there are major problems in comparing like for like fixtures rather than just using the calender approach fixtures. I'll let PeterNdlovu081 explain

The difficulty probably comes from the fact that there a three sides that we played against last season that have been replaced by three different sides this season. So we can only compare like for like with 16 sides.

But an away day at subsequently relegated Bournemouth can't really be compared to a home fixture against a side that has finished in the top third of the table for two seasons running.

Whichever way we compare it, we are still down on points I suppose!๐Ÿ˜Š

I do miss this thread, even if it would make depressing reading at the moment!

Right now we are at a 10 points deficit compared with the same 7 fixtures last season.

I have a model in place which is currently projecting a season finish of 29 points. This model was written pre-season and didn't factor in an abysmal first 7 games and a dearth of confidence so even that 29 points figure is looking rather optimistic ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

Right now we are at a 10 points deficit compared with the same 7 fixtures last season.

I have a model in place which is currently projecting a season finish of 29 points. This model was written pre-season and didn't factor in an abysmal first 7 games and a dearth of confidence so even that 29 points figure is looking rather optimistic ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

We tend to tail off at the end of seasons (which is very worrying given the start we've had), so I'm hoping we're doing it the other way round this year.

I should clarify my pre-season model actually had us to achieve 41 points by season end. Factor in the results achieved thus far and we could still get close but would require an immediate stopping of the rot and several surprise results along the way.

Last edited:
Goal Watch 2020-21

This purely compares how many league goals a player scored overall last season to how many they've scored this season.

And only includes players who played for us last season and this season.

After Game Week 8

0 Berge
0 McGoldrick
0 O'Connell
0 Basham
0 Osborn
0 Robinson
-1 Norwood
-2 Sharp
-2 Baldock
-2 Stevens
-2 Egan
-5 Fleck
-5 Lundstram
-6 McBurnie

As many enjoyed the various graphs last year, and now the season is taking shape, I've knocked this together. Not including today (Orient), at Match 10 we've got 18 points compared to 20 last season. Mind, after Match 12 last season we'd only got 21 points, so a chance to catch up...

Hope it reads OK...

View attachment 5316
Itโ€™s not totally inconceivable that we might have 7 points after 10 games. But the way we are playing.......I canโ€™t really see it.
But if weโ€™re still on 1 point after West Ham and West Brom. Think the bookies will start paying out on a Sheffield United relegation.

I'd love to see Grafikhaus' graph this season!
The season went to shit after grafikhaus passed away, just after the Leicester game I think. And every time this thread pops up im reminded that his last post was in reply to a silly comment I wrote making light of him being in hospital and not updating the graph in the style of angry wilder. ๐Ÿ˜” still haunts me a bit.

The season went to shit after grafikhaus passed away, just after the Leicester game I think. And every time this thread pops up im reminded that his last post was in reply to a silly comment I wrote making light of him being in hospital and not updating the graph in the style of angry wilder. ๐Ÿ˜” still haunts me a bit.
Hey, don't beat yourself up mate. We all banter, and there comes a time where we all wish we'd said/done, not said/not done loads of stuff. Don't look back and regret mate, it doesn't do any good, and Grafikhaus wouldn't have wanted that I'm sure.

Back
Top Bottom