Coming Soon - Paddy Kenny 'The gloves are off...'

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

To be fair if you wrote it you will say different stringer . Hope it goes well. Just found it an odd choice for a subject in terms of potential interest. No hard feelings. Enjoyed your two Wilder books.

What game at Baslow had 3 -4,000 there by the way? I'm confused? Does he mean Matlock? Does he mean hundred? Hope this is not a sign of some tall stories by Patrick! Sadly even a little extract there with a clear fabrication will affect the credibility of any of his other stories I feel.

Last edited:

Can't see that on Spotify. Is it a premium episode?

Yeah mate its on the patreon page. Video is nearly 3 hours long so if you've got time it's a decent listen.

Saying that we've got nothing but time at the minute.

We know you aren’t particularly forthcoming with the minutiae when the chips are down. You knew full well what the point was.

Like not commenting on the rest of my post.
Apologies, I’m dying to hear about your drinking habits old boy... please share?
:) :) :)

Hope this is not a sign of some tall stories by Patrick! Sadly even a little extract there with a clear fabrication will affect the credibility of any of his other stories I feel.

I don’t know about the specific example, but I do find this tends to be a fairly common thing in football autobiographies – seemingly at times neither the person concerned nor the ghost writer will fact-check some of the details. Footballers do tend to misremember some of the details (the One of Our Own podcasts the club does showed that with some of Morgs & Sharp’s retellings), and perhaps someone noting the various interviews that will go on ahead of the write-up will trust that as they’re the primary source they will be correct. This was the same in Warnock’s first book, which Oliver Holt wrote. I don’t know whether this was an error in translating notes to pages, or Warnock for whatever reason got the detail majorly wrong, but there was a line in the section on the Battle of Bramall Lane where Wilko De Vogt was referred to as something like a left back that he was forced to bring on in goal with Tracey’s red card. There were a few more of those where I would read it and just wonder how that sort of thing was left in.

Chapter one.

“Played a match on Saturday.. then went out and got pissed, what a weekend that was”

Chapter two.

“Played a match on Saturday.. then went out and got pissed, what a weekend that was”

Chapter three

Chapter four

Chapter five.

Chapter six

Chapter one.

Chapter two.

Chapter three

Chapter four

Chapter five.

Chapter six

Sounds like every episode of undr the cosh ever.....saying that though they seem to have done alright with that formula so far.

Can't see it being an enthralling read. My advice would be...read all The Secret Footballer series and you've basically covered every journey man/middle of the road footballer autobiography ever.

What game at Baslow had 3 -4,000 there by the way? I'm confused? Does he mean Matlock? Does he mean hundred? Hope this is not a sign of some tall stories by Patrick! Sadly even a little extract there with a clear fabrication will affect the credibility of any of his other stories I feel.

Be a photo of Blades at Hillsborough alongside it and so it won’t matter.

:) :) :) :) :)

Good comeback. With a swerve like that I’m amazed you’re not PL material.

As usual, smileys, bluster and a thin skin.
You should charge me rent for that head of yours, old boy :) take care!

Chapter one.

Chapter two.

Chapter three

Chapter four

Chapter five.

Chapter six

How did you get hold of the advance copy? Need to tighten up security The Crab - Vern's slipping.

You should charge me rent for that head of yours, old boy :) take care!

Yet you still haven’t actually commented on what I said, just the usual waffle and attempts to be “funny”. Failing as ever.

Old boy? Is this your latest clutch at being edgy or have those awards moved you up in the social spectrum?

It’s not out yet and there’s doubt about a comment already. :)

Yet you still haven’t actually commented on what I said, just the usual waffle and attempts to be “funny”. Failing as ever.

Old boy? Is this your latest clutch at being edgy or have those awards moved you up in the social spectrum?

It’s not out yet and there’s doubt about a comment already. :)
By ‘not commenting on what you’ve said’ - do you mean the point you’ve apparently stewed over for almost 3 years, and still got wrong?

I can't remember when to be honest, but it would have been PK era, but I'm sure there was a pre season game at Baslow. Me and Ms Crab had been elsewhere and drove back through baslow, there were a lot of Blades shirts round the ground.

I was at this one. First game of 02/03 pre season. Think it finished up 6-0.

There was a good turn out but 3000 is definitely pushing it. There were no stands, it was at a community centre.

I was at this one. First game of 02/03 pre season. Think it finished up 6-0.

There was a good turn out but 3000 is definitely pushing it. There were no stands, it was at a community centre.
It was 14-1. Memory can be a funny thing :)

By ‘not commenting on what you’ve said’ - do you mean the point you’ve apparently stewed over for almost 3 years, and still got wrong?

No, that you were sat in the pub waiting for Paddy to never come in.

I'm confused though, are we doing this on the thread or by PM?

I thought the game against Baslow had been set up by Mike Blundell (estate agent) who was a director at the time.

I remember going to the match but can't recall where I parked. Must have been a nightmare with 3-4000 there.

I'd love to know the story behind his drugs ban and departure. I hated him when he fucked off after his ban was up .It seemed we looked after him and he shit on us .
But I guess there is a lot of shit I dont know.
That’s all in there... it was one of the main reasons he wanted to do the book, actually, and get his side across.
After listening to the Michael Tonge undr the Cosh, the other day I think there may be more to it than meets the eye.
Bang on. Although it definitely wasn’t an issue of wages...!

I'd love to know the story behind his drugs ban and departure. I hated him when he fucked off after his ban was up .It seemed we looked after him and he shit on us .
But I guess there is a lot of shit I dont know.
If someone offers you twice as much money and a lot longer contract what what you do?

I simply couldn't be arsed to read a full book about him. I would be interested in his version of the reason he left and the circumstances, but I'm not going to buy it just for that. The only player of that era whose book I would read is Michael Brown.

I simply couldn't be arsed to read a full book about him. I would be interested in his version of the reason he left and the circumstances, but I'm not going to buy it just for that. The only player of that era whose book I would read is Michael Brown.

Having read He’s One Of Our Own (and imminently about to start the sequel) I’ve no doubt it will be well written, but I share the view that his is a story I might read selected extracts from rather than be interested in the full book. I think the only one of that period that might be good for a book would be Montgomery, as his time with us spans 2000 all the way through to League 1. That’s relatively speaking a hell of a lot of ups and downs to cover.

Back
Top Bottom