Colin Murray & EFL on Quest

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Harry's Game

Reaction score
Colin Murray and the EFL highlights programme.

Since they brought Murray and the production team in last year initially on five and then Quest a professional well researched program.

Shame we can’t promote them with us to take over MOTD.

And a lot of the Sky Champ team, not David Prutton, Andy Hinchcliffe or Don Goodman, but Keith Andrews, Danny Higginbotham and without doubt Daniel Mann on the commentary.

Prepare yourselves for the likes of Jamie Carragher, Alex Scott, Jamie Rednapp, Martin Tyler and Alan Smith.....christ almighty!

And a lot of the Sky Champ team, not David Prutton, Andy Hinchcliffe or Don Goodman, but Keith Andrews, Danny Higginbotham and without doubt Daniel Mann on the commentary.

Prepare yourselves for the likes of Jamie Carragher, Alex Scott, Jamie Rednapp, Martin Tyler and Alan Smith.....christ almighty!

We'll still have the same commentary team unless we're playing one of the big 6 I imagine, and then they'll wheel Martin Tyler and Neville out.

Liam Rosenior has graduated to PL coverage too it seems so he'll be a friendly face.

Yeah some the EFL commentators are good:

I doubt I will miss Prutton, Goodman or Hinchcliffe though.

Yeah some the EFL commentators are good:

I doubt I will miss Prutton, Goodman or Hinchcliffe though.

That's Daniel Mann on the commentary. Best I have heard after Kevin Keatings who is still the best imo.

We'll still have the same commentary team unless we're playing one of the big 6 I imagine, and then they'll wheel Martin Tyler and Neville out.

Liam Rosenior has graduated to PL coverage too it seems so he'll be a friendly face.

True regarding Rosenior but most of the PL games aren't covered by the main EFL commentators.

True regarding Rosenior but most of the PL games aren't covered by the main EFL commentators.

It's recent but I've watched a couple of games lately, bottom end games with the EFL co-comms bloke on, Hinchcliffe? I can never tell them apart.

Since they brought Murray and the production team in last year initially on five and then Quest a professional well researched program.

I'm whispering this but did you know you can still watch that show next season?
I read your post and couldn't bear the thought of you missing someytinng you don't need to.
Hope this has info has helped to ease your pain.

When you put it like that, Sky pay an awful lot of money to some really, really poor pundits.

As it happens, there are a few that I rate across the various channels. Murray has well and truly won me over, he likes us and he does his homework.

Neville talks a lot of sense, but don't expect him to know owt about us. Same goes for Jena's who continues to grow as a strong pundit.

Think I had a go on here when it was announced it was going to "Quest" ('who?"). It's been a great highlights show. Improved no ends on previous attempts.

Colin Murray seems to have nailed it too. Comes across as a knowledgeable/affable fellow, the sort you'd love to bump into and share a pint/5 minutes. Seems widely respected throughout fans of all clubs (which takes some doing!).

If the BBC (or Sky) had any sense they'd snap him up and push him into one of the big jobs (which they seem to only ever give to failed Man U/Liverpool/Arsenal/Chelsea/England players)

Think I had a go on here when it was announced it was going to "Quest" ('who?"). It's been a great highlights show. Improved no ends on previous attempts.

Colin Murray seems to have nailed it too. Comes across as a knowledgeable/affable fellow, the sort you'd love to bump into and share a pint/5 minutes. Seems widely respected throughout fans of all clubs (which takes some doing!).

If the BBC (or Sky) had any sense they'd snap him up and push him into one of the big jobs (which they seem to only ever give to failed Man U/Liverpool/Arsenal/Chelsea/England players)
Doubt he'd go to Sky due to the News International connection, he left Talksport as he wouldn't work for them

I will miss the Championship. It’s been a great competition this season and nobody predicted who would come first and second. Most of the teams fancied by the pundits have not qualified for the playoffs. Some good well supported “proper” football clubs involved and plenty of good players to watch. Most of the clubs in there can beat any of the others in there on a particular day. Compare that with the PL. Despite the Leicester season (which will never happen again) there are only a max of 6 clubs who can win it. The bottom 6 clubs are simply cannon fodder for the big boys. There are “massive” clubs in there like Huddersfield, Bournemouth, Burnley, Watford who get only 12,000, up to 24,000 crowds. Apart from the top six the one target for all the other clubs is simply to stay in the PL. They know they can’t win it. They might have a decent Cup run but wouldn’t want that to jeopardise them staying in the PL so wouldn’t want key players getting injured. This season the bottom 2 clubs were relegated well before the end of the season and Cardiff were pretty much down as well so not exactly exciting. (OK the top 2 is exciting this season but that’s a rarity).
Anyway despite that I can’t wait for us to have a go in it. At least we are a proper club with good support and a definite step up from Huddersfield and Fulham. Let’s hope we can become established.

I will miss the Championship. It’s been a great competition this season and nobody predicted who would come first and second. Most of the teams fancied by the pundits have not qualified for the playoffs. Some good well supported “proper” football clubs involved and plenty of good players to watch. Most of the clubs in there can beat any of the others in there on a particular day. Compare that with the PL. Despite the Leicester season (which will never happen again) there are only a max of 6 clubs who can win it. The bottom 6 clubs are simply cannon fodder for the big boys. There are “massive” clubs in there like Huddersfield, Bournemouth, Burnley, Watford who get only 12,000, up to 24,000 crowds. Apart from the top six the one target for all the other clubs is simply to stay in the PL. They know they can’t win it. They might have a decent Cup run but wouldn’t want that to jeopardise them staying in the PL so wouldn’t want key players getting injured. This season the bottom 2 clubs were relegated well before the end of the season and Cardiff were pretty much down as well so not exactly exciting. (OK the top 2 is exciting this season but that’s a rarity).
Anyway despite that I can’t wait for us to have a go in it. At least we are a proper club with good support and a definite step up from Huddersfield and Fulham. Let’s hope we can become established.
Agreed. Let's hope that Wilder and Knill really are gods, and can disrupt the established order. As long as we give it a go, and keep the unity between management, players and fans (especially when times are difficult), good things can happen. But reform of the Premier League is largely a matter for the money men, and above the pay grade of even CW. Much of the football should still be good to watch, though, whatever the bigger picture.

Fckin motd, not watched it at all this season, cant stand the pot dogs on there, esp danny murphy. He needs to be wrapped in duct tape and thrown into the sea. As for sky and bt's prem coverage, full of twats I cant stand, esp duck face rio the slimey twat. Stand by to get angry every week thru being patronised.

Surprised Murray doesn’t do motd sure he used to do motd2
Can’t stand Gary Lineker

Cock.

If you think the MOTD Is the superior show it shows you don’t know anything about anything

Did Billy get to that 10 more goals target you doubted he’d reach for us BTW?

Don't indulge the troll. Even though we are promoted he will still look to wind up his fellow fans.

Not to mention the best pundit / summariser of them all, Graeme Souness.

That's Daniel Mann on the commentary. Best I have heard after Kevin Keatings who is still the best imo.
“It’s rolled for fleck to hit it”
“Inside and outside he goes, how on earth has he done that”
“Bashams arrivinggggg”
“That’s the one! Forget the maths, the premier league beckons for Sheffield united”

Absolutely outstanding commentator

The popular and knowledgeable Colin or the smug big ears and his cronies ?

Back
Top Bottom