Clough: We're a work in progress - not a failure without promotion

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
"Clough: We're a work in progress
Sheffield United manager Nigel Clough will not see this season as a failure if his side do not win promotion from League One."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11683/9837923/clough-were-a-work-in-progress

Why has nobody seen this - or are they just too distraught to post.

After my anger had subsided and I read the rest of this bollocks I tweeted

"@Saudi49er @JamesDPhipps @PATRIOTS1899 http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11683/9837923/clough-were-a-work-in-progress …. This has given me a headache:( #Furious #disgusted #devastated Just #GetRid"

140 characters is far more than this clown is worth :blue:

How many players can we have? Clough planning on changing us to an American football team?

Sheffield United manager Nigel Clough will not see this season as a failure if his side do not win promotion from League One."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11683/9837923/clough-were-a-work-in-progress

"@Saudi49er @JamesDPhipps @PATRIOTS1899 http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11683/9837923/clough-were-a-work-in-progress …. This has given me a headache:( #Furious #disgusted #devastated Just #GetRid"

Roll on 2019

"Other people might judge that differently. It's difficult to pick and choose your times to go up.

"No doubt about it, the aim is to get in the Championship this season or next.

"You see with what MK Dons have done, they've been there, building for five years, knocking on the door, lost in a couple of play-offs and now they've got automatic."

Why bother putting a team out Nigel. I hope the Board have seen this rallying call and are looking what replacements are out there (I'm sure John Carver will be looking for work soon :( )

Bet they're glad about pumping £10 million in to the club with fans like you around. They'll decide when enough is enough. All behaviour like this will do is make them want to fuck off and leave us skint again.

"Other people might judge that differently. It's difficult to pick and choose your times to go up.

"You see with what MK Dons have done, they've been there, building for five years, knocking on the door, lost in a couple of play-offs and now they've got automatic."

And Bristol City Nige?

"It's like saying it's a total failure if we don't go up this season, well we don't think it is," Clough said.

Well, we do Cluffy.

Well, take your time, eh?

Or the one after. If you're still here, that is

"You see with what MK Dons have done, they've been there, building for five years, knocking on the door, lost in a couple of play-offs and now they've got automatic.

You see, what Sheffield United have done is drop ungracuiously from Championship battlers to Div One bottlers. IN about the same period of time, in fact.

"And that is the case a number of times, you keep knocking and getting close eventually you will get there."

Has McCabe got his hand up his arse during this interview, or what?

While the Blades, in the top flight as recently as 2007, are ready for the Championship off the field, Clough is wary of getting there before he is entirely happy with his playing squad.

Meanwhile, Sheffield United's fanbase is just resigned to lower league mediocrity, week after week.

"It's also about being in a good enough position if you do go up," Clough added.

It's also about Game Changing Investments, added everybody else

"This is still a team that is developing and growing rather than one that is the finished article.

Growing and developing. With a midfielder in the back four, no proper central defenders and no bedded in strike force.

"I don't think we're finished in numbers and in terms of who we need for the squad for this league never mind the one above.

Key statement of truth

"All we do as a staff is try and build. If you look at us for the last 16 years all we try and do is build teams and progress.

Whilst getting relegated.

"We are only 18 months into this process so I hope it is enough to get us up but I'm not sure, we don't know that yet."

Well, you should fucking know. We know more than you, then Nigel. How does that sound?

pommpey

I have thought for a while that clough believes we aren't good enough to go up and stay up, he also doesn't come across as being hungry for success and I don't think he will be gutted if we don't go up.

We'll see what happens

Obviously just an attempt to take the pressure off the players.

NC clearly understands the target/s for the season - he's (badly) missed the main one but there is still a chance. I'm sure he knows the likely consequences should that be blown as well but spelling it out to all and sundry 2 days before a game is not likely to help, just add to the fear.

Just about sums the man up for me......get rid, in my opinion we have gone backwards under Clough and at best are no better off than we were 2 years ago at this stage about to go into the play-off semi's with Yeovil. CLOUGH OUT.

I wonder what kind of effect this has on the players? It could be argued that it's taking the pressure off, but it's hardly a rallying call for tomorrow night. Motivation seems to have been a problem for much of the season, I wonder if it falls down to his own personality.

Just about sums the man up for me......get rid, in my opinion we have gone backwards under Clough and at best are no better off than we were 2 years ago at this stage about to go into the play-off semi's with Yeovil. CLOUGH OUT.

Two years ago we were fast becoming a Paul Hart club.

, in my opinion we have gone backwards under Clough and at best are no better off than we were 2 years ago at this stage about to go into the play-off semi's with Yeovil.

Yup, there's definitely a 'Yeovil' vibe about all this. Back then, the crowd for the first leg was 15,262 - the lowest league crowd of the season. Still, we took a narrow lead into the second leg. Which lasted all of 6 minutes. :(

Like it or lump it I assure you promotion or not he'll be here next season.
This board will not get shut unless we are mid table/bottom.
To come out with comments like two days before the play offs is unreal.
They better turn in a Barnsley/ Bristol performance Thursday or get ready.

At least he is honest in his opinion on where we are at the moment, fans have been saying it for a while, NC says it and we get an uproar, I'm not going to read to much into this as I am just focused on the playoffs.

Agree with that bri. A little more concerning is that the OP recently took it upon himself to call one of our players scum. I'm all for relevant and accurate critiquing, pointing out a player and his deficiencies, but to call anyone at this club scum (unless they've been caught with their hand in the club's wallet) goes much further than this.

Time will tell whether we're equipped and ready for promotion, but coming from someone who cannot tell the difference between a worthy criticism and something that is intended to assassinate a player's character, well I'll give him a pass.

For anyone bored of my continuous belittling of twatter/face cunt and other forms of gob shiterry, please read the above.

If ever there was a reason to close the whole fucking thing down . . . . . . .

Agree with that bri. A little more concerning is that the OP recently took it upon himself to call one of our players scum. I'm all for relevant and accurate critiquing, pointing out a player and his deficiencies, but to call anyone at this club scum (unless they've been caught with their hand in the club's wallet) goes much further than this.

Time will tell whether we're equipped and ready for promotion, but coming from someone who cannot tell the difference between a worthy criticism and something that is intended to assassinate a player's character, well I'll give him a pass.

Here here.

Have we nearly lost yet? Can we all die please? We're useless, everyone's better. Sack Clough, get rid of the players, the Prince, Jim, oh yes McCabe, get rid of him. That'll sort it. Wish I could put a quid on Hitler at Dunkirk. There's shit in the pies. What pies, they've run out again. Bet the coaches to Swindon break down. We've no chance I tell you. Hoofball again stop passing sideways. Baxter you're shit. You'd better get ready or else.

Have we nearly lost yet? Can we all die please? We're useless, everyone's better. Sack Clough, get rid of the players, the Prince, Jim, oh yes McCabe, get rid of him. That'll sort it. Wish I could put a quid on Hitler at Dunkirk. There's shit in the pies. What pies, they've run out again. Bet the coaches to Swindon break down. We've no chance I tell you. Hoofball again stop passing sideways. Baxter you're shit. You'd better get ready or else.

But the tea lady is doing a good job.

Well I thought it was a good sensible calm rational and informative interview.

Looking forward to the reaction being cranked up a notch or two if we lose 5-2 again.

UTB

Back
Top Bottom