Clever Ollie.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Bill Johnson

Reaction score
I noticed several occasions this evening where he pulled out of challenges that might have given the ref a reason to flash the yellow. He compensated by being strong and denying the opponent the opportunity to make a telling pass.
Great discipline captain.
Oh and a text book penalty at s crucial time as well.

Noticed that a few times as well tonight.

Normally he would have been flying into some of those challenges, whereas he clearly made conscious decisions at times to hold off. Played a blinder tonight did Norwood (as did most of em to be fair as the game wore on).

Well done Olly.

We've got Ollie Norwood, he is fucking quite good..... at controlling himself when he knows he needs to.

That yellow card suspension hanging over him has never left his mind for these last 3 games, you can tell.

Clever player - and will get better.

He's been playing responsibly, intelligently and consistently for a while now. Exactly what I want from him.

• Banned
We've got Ollie Norwood, he is fucking quite good..... at controlling himself when he knows he needs to.

That yellow card suspension hanging over him has never left his mind for these last 3 games, you can tell.

Clever player - and will get better.

He's been playing responsibly, intelligently and consistently for a while now. Exactly what I want from him.

It's what I want too Herby.:rolleyes:

I said a few weeks back he wasn’t worth much more than what we paid for him due to the fact he wasn’t a much better player, he was already good when we signed him but inconsistent and tried that Hollywood pass too often.

Well he’s cut out the Hollywood stuff in the main part and he’s not had a bad game for months.

He’s a premier league player in waiting now and he wasn’t when he first joined. Treble what we paid for him and it’s still not enough. Outstanding.

A constant myth perpetuated on here is that Ollie Norwood has been guilty of going for the so called Hollywood ball ' all the time ' .

This has never been the case and I would estimate that throughout the season his ratio for that type of pass has been less than one in five . Nevertheless , with the ability that he has to deliver that kind of pass , I for one would be more annoyed with him if he took them out of his repertoire completely , bearing in mind the number of times they have instantly turned defence into attack and often resulted in a goal .

Some only seem to remember the ones that didn't come off . I don't .

He was a spotted from my vantage point in the South Stand stop himself from going in to a challenge in what would have been a very difficult area to defend a free kick from, and I pointed out to the young un that he is was one booking away from a suspension.

It didn’t stop the bloke who sits near me who often has some nuanced and differing views to the rest loudly berating him as a ‘fucking card who should be ashamed to wear the shirt’

If LS26BLADE is reading this I doubt it will take much working out as to whom I’m referring to.

A constant myth perpetuated on here is that Ollie Norwood has been guilty of going for the so called Hollywood ball ' all the time ' .

This has never been the case and I would estimate that throughout the season his ratio for that type of pass has been less than one in five . Nevertheless , with the ability that he has to deliver that kind of pass , I for one would be more annoyed with him if he took them out of his repertoire completely , bearing in mind the number of times they have instantly turned defence into attack and often resulted in a goal .

I agree and I think it's because of the nature of such a pass that it sticks out more when it doesn't come off

What I have noticed is that he always likes to get rid of the ball quick, whether it be a short or long pass. He doesn't seem to like holding it, or carrying it. It contrasts nicely with Fleck, who loves to drive forward with the ball. Norwood seems to play by netball rules, he can't move while he's in possession.

On his way to a third successive promotion from this league with the third different club...

Get your money on him getting a yellow on Saturday ,weeks and weeks of pent up aggression :) Like when you haven't had sex for ages ,he might get an early one ;)

Get your money on him getting a yellow on Saturday ,weeks and weeks of pent up aggression :) Like when you haven't had sex for ages ,he might get an early one ;)

Premature ejacucardus?

Midfield tonight across the park was well drilled and organised. Hardly came out of position, when possession exchanged, they tracked back as a line and the back three/four did the same and kept it tight. Whenever they got a view of goal their attackers were snuffed out. Compare that to last season where we saw goals flying in from outside the box - Brum and Villa for example.

O'C and Egan were fucking superb tonight.

UTB

pommpey

Midfield tonight across the park was well drilled and organised. Hardly came out of position, when possession exchanged, they tracked back as a line and the back three/four did the same and kept it tight. Whenever they got a view of goal their attackers were snuffed out. Compare that to last season where we saw goals flying in from outside the box - Brum and Villa for example.

O'C and Egan were fucking superb tonight.

UTB

pommpey

Thought midfield improved when Dowell went off. Against a pressing side as Brentford were he's a luxury and if he's to play needs 2 minders as he does fuck all out of possession.

What I have noticed is that he always likes to get rid of the ball quick, whether it be a short or long pass. He doesn't seem to like holding it, or carrying it. It contrasts nicely with Fleck, who loves to drive forward with the ball. Norwood seems to play by netball rules, he can't move while he's in possession.

That's because he understands and plays his role better than anyone we've had in it since we adopted our present system .

He clearly recognises that his main objective is the protection of the back three and is extremely reluctant to put himself in a position where he is unable to do that , unlike some who have attempted to play the role in the past .

His success in achieving this is there for all to see . A very special player and , along with Billy , our most impressive signing for many a long year .

Glad a 50% fit Coutts didn't play instead, well done Wilder for playing the best midfield pairing we have.

Back
Top Bottom