Clayton Donaldson

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I’m still confused as to why he came off against them, obviously they struggled with him, then he’s clever enough to get the lad sent off, next thing he’s subbed and the game turns into a pressure situation mainly in Wendy’s penalty area and final third.. and you don’t want a big clever experienced lump like Donaldson in the mix... still bothered by those decisions that night... any other team I’d be fine, but there was a double up for grabs...
After seeing Wilson's goal against Norwich it should be fairly obvious what CW was hoping for when he brought him on.

For the first time this season Wilder stuck with what we had. Which was not to lose. He desperately did not want to lose.

He destroyed us. I remember thinking 'why haven't we got a player like that?'
Far too good for L1, as his subsequent career has shown.

Been working on 'Memries of Brentford' today (won't post it just yet, don't want to spoil you! :D) but here goes:

A game at Bramall Lane – again in League One – on 16th April 2013 where the Blades and the Bees shared the points in a 2-2 draw. There were 3 red cards ... 4 penalties ...2 missed ... 11 yellow cards ... and it wasn’t even a dirty game ...(sorry, I can’t find a video with all the goals and incidents). The first goal was a penalty when United’s keeper George Long brought down Brentford striker Clayton Donaldson. After conceding this penalty and going 0-1 down, United equalized with a penalty of their own to make it 1-1 and, on the 68th minute, Harry Maguire put the Blades 2-1 in front. Look out for fleeting appearances from Jessica Ennis and Bees goalkeeper Simon Moore.

brentford.png

Last edited:
image.jpg

Been working on 'Memries of Brentford' today (won't post it just yet, don't want to spoil you! :D) but here goes:

A game at Bramall Lane – again in League One – on 16th April 2013 where the Blades and the Bees shared the points in a 2-2 draw. There were 3 red cards ... 4 penalties ...2 missed ... 11 yellow cards ... and it wasn’t even a dirty game ...(sorry, I can’t find a video with all the goals and incidents). The first goal was a penalty when United’s keeper George Long brought down Brentford striker Clayton Donaldson. After conceding this penalty and going 0-1 down, United equalized with a penalty of their own to make it 1-1 and, on the 68th minute, Harry Maguire put the Blades 2-1 in front. Look out for fleeting appearances from Jessica Ennis and Bees goalkeeper Simon Moore.

Thought Donaldo would be a decent signing if he could stay reasonably fit and he's not disappointed.
Cute bit of business by Wilder.

They are on about moving to a new ground aren't they?,which would be a real shame for us visiting fans,a proper ground,although I believe there is only 3 of the 4 corner pubs still open for business.
They seem to have been talking about it for a long time now. They've got a site which isn't that far from the old ground. I think they're waiting for planning consent.

View attachment 36180

Few of them here

Few of them here

Thanks for that Danny. I was going to include that clip but it doesn't do justice to the events (or the last goal) in that game. Thanks anyway, and I have added it now. Think of it as an 'Annoying fan who arrives pissed and late and who leaves early' eye-view. :D

Back
Top Bottom