Clayton Donaldson

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

What I like about him is all the opportunities to give him nicknames. The Donald, Donaldo, actually I'm out.

I’ve always liked him and he has the best strike rate of all our strikers, a goal every 120 minutes.

Only a matter of time before he notches at the Lane.

Still very fit for his age and will continue to do a good job even with the additional competition up front.

Good bit of business ‘Arry did for us.
Just shows what a twat ‘Arry is. Can only work with a chequebook and couldn’t see a good player in front of his nose. Really don’t like the guy and the state he leaves clubs in.

remember him giving Harry the run around when he was at Brentford and that didn’t hapoen very often
He destroyed us. I remember thinking 'why haven't we got a player like that?'
Far too good for L1, as his subsequent career has shown.

Has turned into a terrific signing for us.

I anticipated abit of pace and good hold up play. But have been pleasantly surprised by the quality of his finishing.

None of his goals have been easy ones - all were devastating finishes. Bargain of the season for me and as other have mentioned adds another dimension to our play and complements the other forwards

5 goals so far this season.
3 from errors from the Defenders - errors which in the most part he has enforced.
Also 3 of his goals have been one on ones where he has had an awful lot to do where a lot of people would panic and miss.

What an astute signing from CW & AK.

yes really like how composed he is when given a chance to score. Don't have any fear with 1 on 1s with him. I do with Clarke and Sharp, who I have seen miss a few clear cut chances . As Wilder had said when he signed him, highly rated with he previous teammates., who felt he was underrated as a player.[ I guess by the media!]

Last edited:

50 grand.

Alan Knill in that video when we signed him: "That's a real good one"

Yep.

What a signing he's been.

Play him away from home and you know he'll score. It's great!

His goals have won us crucial points, and I suspect there's more to come.

Shows there are still bargains to be had (luckily for us) :)

Leeds are supposed to have paid £3 million for Jay Roy Grotbags, and he`s utter shite.
And there`s a player at S6 who didn`t come cheap either, and is struggling to meet the hype :D

Just think Nogoals cost 208 times more.

Ten fucking million is what they paid, and for what? So that he, Rhodes, could walk away from taking a penalty that could have taken them one step closer to promotion?

Yet here we are, with a player, Donaldson, who cost next to nothing, a player who's cool as cucumber, who works his bollocks off, and is completely dependable.

When it comes to comparable skills there is no comparison, give me Clayton every time.

I bet Birmingham City are regretting not having a manager who can get the best from players.

Actually, it's Birmingham City, and they have demonstrated precious little of that level of awareness.

Somebody has put a montage of goals scored by The Don for us this season on twitter. The response from a bluenose was 'Oh no 'Arry what have you done'

Thanks Twitchy! :)

Not sure where I read it but it went something like Jordan Rhodes £50k per week (plus purchase price) - The Don £50k to buy!

I know which I'd rather have

Very strong yet still has the pace to burn. A poorer man's Drogba. In another sense, very similar to the Clarke signing. You never get that excited about signing strikers of that age but he's of a type that we desperately needed and, given the price, a very astute choice.

Exactly the type of player needed, how often have players like Clarke/Donaldson torn us to shreds over the years?
50k is a mockery of the current transfer system and just another example of how in touch Wilder is with both the fanbase and what's required to succeed.

Very strong yet still has the pace to burn. A poorer man's Drogba. In another sense, very similar to the Clarke signing. You never get that excited about signing strikers of that age but he's of a type that we desperately needed and, given the price, a very astute choice.

Aye
Remember being mightily underwhelmed, indeed pissed off, when we signed Bobby Hatton ( for £75k!)
How grateful was I ( & King Edwards) to be proved wrong (as usual)

He offers a great outball when we're on the back foot. Knock it down the channel and you know he'll make life difficult for defenders and help turn defence into attack. Struggled in a big way on his own up front against Forest but in the right set up, he's a really useful option. With Clarke, Sharp, Don, Ched, Wilson and Brooks, Duffy and Holmes to play off them, we now have real options to vary our attacking approach.

He has this slightly gangly, ungainly style to his play which always makes me instinctively think he's going to be an complete donkey the next time he touches the ball.

More fool me when he harries an opposition full back, robs them blind, absolutely steams up half the pitch on his own, brushes off the last man and slots the ball away like it's no big thing.

Leon and The Don won't be the perfect forward pairing for every game, but they have so far proven themselves to be a proper old fashioned handful against numerous opposition. The beauty of it is seeing Wilder and Knill piece together a strong, varied squad that is competent at this level and seemingly built to last the duration...

I’m still confused as to why he came off against them, obviously they struggled with him, then he’s clever enough to get the lad sent off, next thing he’s subbed and the game turns into a pressure situation mainly in Wendy’s penalty area and final third.. and you don’t want a big clever experienced lump like Donaldson in the mix... still bothered by those decisions that night... any other team I’d be fine, but there was a double up for grabs...

Back
Top Bottom