Christopher of Basham

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

You have to credit CW with Bash as a midfielder he looked mediocre but converted to CB he is awesome and each year Ive thought he cant step up to the next level BUT how much has he done that and some? Legend is the right word for Sir Chris of Basham!

Spent much of the last half hour just watching Bash when he was in frame (i.e. 99% of the time). Realised he'd not made the slightest mistake for ages and that didn't really change from there onwards.

For someone who for most of his life would have had absolutely no affinity whatsoever to our beloved Blades, he’s incredible. Thank you Chris you could do no more than what you have done and are continuing to do for our beloved club.

You've got to fear for the car park spaces after these last few seasons. There's at least 3 people in the current set up who deserve statues, Sergeant Bash being one, no prizes for guessing the other two!

Look at his interview after the loss at OT. Look at his performances since. Professional has become a bit of a dirty word in Football. Bash is single handedly reclaiming it.

He maybe could have got a penalty against Wolves tonight. But the guy is so honest and so professional he just got straight up and ran. Unlike these "Elites" that are falling about all over the place.

Long Live Bashambauer!

Ooh ahh Bashambauer, I said ooh ahh Bashambauer

With 4 games to go, we still have 4 players ever present in the league - Stevens, Baldock, Norwood and Basham.

one of my remaining wishes for the season is for all of them to be ever present. But if I had to pick only one to do it, it would be Basham. That would be a great achievement.

He hasn’t just played in the Premier League. He’s Premier League quality.

Basham is simply outstanding. His game improves every time he plays. His humility regarding his contributions, means that he is also the first to acknowledge the contribution to his game by others, like Baldock, Egan, Lundstram and now Berge.
He has forgotten that his skills and his heart, have also contributed to their quality performances.

Bash was superb last night and mom in my view. He made several key interception s through superb anticipation which stopped attacks in their tracks and seemed to beat Wolves players with ease when bringing the ball out of defence.

He actually got into some really good advanced positions which I thought he could have done better with had he kept a little more composure. More an observation than a criticism.

He might have the accent of a dimwit, but he optimises what a true Blade is, always puts in a shift, not a flashy cunt, head down n do it, and do it well!!
Well done Bash, definitely my player of the season, from fries salter to prem hero!!

Na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na

BASHAM

Na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na

BASHAM

BASHAM
BASHAM
BASHAM

I used to think of Bash as a modern day Chris Montgomery.
Hard worker, great attitude giving 100%, an excellent tackler but ultimately a bit shit.
Us Blades take to these types of players because they represent the fans.....we can accept failings if a player gives 100% every match.

Remember how many said that we’d need to upgrade Basham if we wanted a promotion push in the Championship ha ha
He‘s now ntegral to the success of our system in the PL. Baldock can bomb down the wing knowing Basham can come across and easily cover his right back position.

Basham deserves all the plaudits....his progress at Sheff Utd is hard to believe....it’s that nonsensical it makes you want to laugh.

He deserves legendary status just for his journey from a shit mid league 1 Atkins team going no where to a Champions league chasing PL team.

Immense player for us and a complete blades legend , for him to score the winner at saints to secure 7th would be poetry in motion!

player of the season for me

Surely has to be up there in being one of our biggest legends in the post 2000s era, perhaps with Billy just edging him?

Can't think of many more over 4/5 years + with the club who deserve it more. Only challengers I can think of are Del Geary, Morgs and some of the other league 1 stalwarts in our current first team.

Think Basham only needs to make 3 more appearances to overtake another legendary defender of the same first name... Chris Morgan. Wow. Says it all really.

Just why has he not been playing at this level for years. Same for JOC , Enda, Baldock and Egan.

Agreed about Basham (now 31) but reportedly the fittest team member and never seems to be injured he could easily do another 100 games. As for the other fantastic four they will be at this level for the sometime wouldn't look out off place in any team.

You have to credit CW with Bash as a midfielder he looked mediocre but converted to CB he is awesome and each year Ive thought he cant step up to the next level BUT how much has he done that and some? Legend is the right word for Sir Chris of Basham!
Don't forget Sir Chris of Wilder.

Surely has to be up there in being one of our biggest legends in the post 2000s era, perhaps with Billy just edging him?

Can't think of many more over 4/5 years + with the club who deserve it more. Only challengers I can think of are Del Geary, Morgs and some of the other league 1 stalwarts in our current first team.
Del Geary.......You're having a laugh......aren't you?

I used to think of Bash as a modern day Chris Montgomery.
Hard worker, great attitude giving 100%, an excellent tackler but ultimately a bit shit.
Us Blades take to these types of players because they represent the fans.....we can accept failings if a player gives 100% every match.

Remember how many said that we’d need to upgrade Basham if we wanted a promotion push in the Championship ha ha
He‘s now ntegral to the success of our system in the PL. Baldock can bomb down the wing knowing Basham can come across and easily cover his right back position.

Basham deserves all the plaudits....his progress at Sheff Utd is hard to believe....it’s that nonsensical it makes you want to laugh.

He deserves legendary status just for his journey from a shit mid league 1 Atkins team going no where to a Champions league chasing PL team.

Good post and I'll forgive your reference to "Chris" Montgomery .

We all know that you were referring to Field Marshall Bernard Montgomery of El Alamein , another great warrior :)

Back
Top Bottom