Christopher of Basham

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

he's not as good as the best midfielder in the world though is he, i mean come on lads and lasses, stop deluding yourselves

When you see his heat map you would think he was playing rightside of midfield He's our centre back for f sake. Graceful no Effective yes

I never thought I would say this 2-3 seasons back but I wouldn’t swap Bash for Coady at this very minute.

Bash was excellent, but to be fair they all were.

Considering the quality of the opposition, Hendo didn’t make save.

The defence and midfield did a brilliant containment job, stifling some very good strikers. Traore was contained and we limited them.

All round great result

Another great game from HMS Bashambauer, despite a poster two days ago arguing, he was the least technically skilled player in the team.

All about opinions, eh?

Constantly surprises you by beating a few players. The bloke is an enigma, you always think he will louse it up but rarely does. 1st player on the team sheet every week. Absolutely amazing Bash well done.

Take the defensive shift out of it - Osborn can’t be man of the match there surely? He gave the ball away nearly every time he had it 🤣

Basham, Egan or JOC. Take your pick
Agree about Osborne but he did everything else well
A good back up for our left but way behind a fit on top of his game Fleck
I Still think his best position is left wing back

I think about that interview after the Man U game & how gutted he was.
Watching him the last couple of games - and thinking about the last 3 or 4 seasons - it is clear he loves everything about the Blades as much as we all love the effort, passion, commitment & energy he puts into his football & into our football club.
For me, he’s the sort of player that make United.... well.... United!
Legend is a big word to use for any player but Christopher Paul Basham - take a bow son!

All those big name Wolves out there - collectively totally eclipsed by the amazing singularity of the Bash. Such a bashful lad too.

I absolutely love him. He never gets Player of the Season, there’s always someone else who’s done that little bit extra every year. I think he should be given a special Lifetime Achievement award. He’s been absolutely outstanding for us. I’ll never forget him tearing through the Man City defence... and that goal at Elland Road.

Awesome awesome performance. Amazing all season. Get the statue drawn up!

Reactions: NAP
How do you replace him, I reckon he has another 2 years playing at this level and tempo

Reactions: NAP
Has made some multi million pound footballers look ordinary. 💕💕

Now we have him and Berge down the right I sometimes can't tell who's who. Agree with the @op though - except Sir Christopher of Basham.

Having seen him play CM in league 1 I thought he was only ok. Then see him used as an emergency CB I thought nah. But playing on the right side of 3 CBs he has been phenomenal. Got to give the man credit for his work rate and heart. It's great to see players who toiled in the lower divisions get and take a chance to shine in the PL.
Christopher Basham I salute you.

the Bob Booker comparisons are inevitable but as much as I love Booker I think Basham is so much better than that, for me he has without a doubt now progressed from "cult hero" status into "bona-fide legend" status. there are not enough superlatives to desrcibe him. at the start of every season for the past 7 years he's had his doubters and people saying that he either isn't good enough (or in the case of the last 4 years, isn't good enough to step up a divsion), but my god has he managed it and then some every single fucking time. just absolutely immense, the man is the living personification of everything that is brilliant about this football club.

Back
Top Bottom