Christopher of Basham

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Basham has been absolutely immense since Wilder took charge. Player of the season contender for sure.

100 percent Blades legend. A warrior and a leader. Has always respected the Blades shirt - in good times and in bad times. He's a lot better technically than people give him credit; his reading of the game and ball carrying last night were top draw.

If Basham doesn't win our 'Player Of The Season' award a lot of Blade's supporters will be scratching their heads in amazement.

His overall contribution is never less than total, he manages to anticipate a pass or move and often break it up before any danger is obvious. His work rate is about as good as any player in this division, and as for Mr. Reliability, is there anyone else that has claimed that title as their own? No wonder Chris Wilder has referred to Bash as one of his favourite players.

I used to think of Bash as a modern day Chris Montgomery.
Hard worker, great attitude giving 100%, an excellent tackler but ultimately a bit shit.
Us Blades take to these types of players because they represent the fans.....we can accept failings if a player gives 100% every match.

Remember how many said that we’d need to upgrade Basham if we wanted a promotion push in the Championship ha ha
He‘s now ntegral to the success of our system in the PL. Baldock can bomb down the wing knowing Basham can come across and easily cover his right back position.

Basham deserves all the plaudits....his progress at Sheff Utd is hard to believe....it’s that nonsensical it makes you want to laugh.

He deserves legendary status just for his journey from a shit mid league 1 Atkins team going no where to a Champions league chasing PL team.
He is a unique player and vital to our success. He would be rubbish in any other side. We are a perfect fit.
Brian Dean is my favourite Blades player but Bash now runs him very close.

I always had a strange, often dismissive opinion of Basham early on in Wilder's reign. I think the majority of it was a hangover from the Clough & Adkins era and me continuing to judge him on those merits. I've constantly been proven wrong when suggesting he would be the one we'd need to upgrade on from both promotions.

He only continues to get better with time. Even a couple of seasons ago, he had a few mistakes in him when taking the ball out, but now, in the Premier League, this do not occur.

Bash epitomises the club - un-glamorous, hard working, solid with the ability to surprise from time-to-time. It's a close call, but I think Basham should win this season's player of the year.

Also that goal away at Leeds last season is an iconic historic goal.....instant legend just for that goal.

Its just so typical of Basham......a centre back but his fantastic engine means he‘s breaking forward on his own into their box.
He just has the keeper to beat but SLIPS as he’s about to shoot.....but fortunately it still goes in. Great goal and great celebration.

Bash having to come off yesterday with suspected concussion? Not sure on the rules but will he have to miss the Leicester game?

Bash having to come off yesterday with suspected concussion? Not sure on the rules but will he have to miss the Leicester game?

Said his head was fine, ready for Leicester on Instagram, so hopefully he'll be there.

I don't think they'd have let him play on if he had concussion, so maybe he was just in pain.

There saying it was his eye and his vision was blurred which again doesn’t sound good to me Either way that’s Hope he isn’t missing god would we miss him , that whole defence it VITAL to how we play . What a player he is , What a fantastic team we have , what a Manager and back room staff we have , what a time to support the blades , the only downside is we can’t fucking watch em ! Typical !

Back
Top Bottom