Chrissy Wilder and Alan Knill (and others)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Great insight, thanks for sharing Sothall_Blade

That opening segment by Knill couldn't be more Knill-y if it tried, in the way it's written. It's almost a parody of the great man himself. Love it.

That was an even better read than I thought it was going to be and I expected it to be brilliant, chers sothall

A few more items like that, and I might begin to feel optimistic... A great read.

Great article, can't wait for us to start ruffling the feathers of the big boys

I saw Alan Knill in Meadowhell on Saturday ,a less self effacing bloke you could not meet. He looked like a cross between an old Goth and a vagrant ,nobody recognised him as he walked past. I just thought look at all these tosspots in here clamouring for attention and achieving nothing in life ,then there is this premier league coach just strolling about not giving a shit. I just nodded at him as he passed me and he knew ,same as I did. Great man.

Bunl

Bundle of laughs you are. I think we will ruffle a few feathers. We might not finish top half but we will certainly win a few.games we aren't expected to.

I've always.been a bit of a pessimist but if we can enjoy it.now when can we?

It depends when you catch me posting. I oscillate between joyous wild abandon and deep pessimism :)

I think if we recruit well in the summer, play our collective cards right during the season & luck is with us, the I think we'll survive. I think we'll ruffle the feathers of some established premier league teams, but not the top table. I'm looking forward to next season immensely, but I hope to god that we prepare for it properly with our recruitment and a lack of sentimentality, and not try to scrape by on a mixture of momentum, team spirit, BDTBL atmosphere, crowd favourites and cut price signings.

I just think the days of beating the top 3 or 4 teams are a thing of the past. In '90 to '94, I think it was only Arsenal that we failed to beat. Even v. Liverpool in '90 (the last time that they were a top side) in our first game back, we bloodied their noses. In '06, we picked up 4 points out of 24 against the top four teams, scoring 3 goals and conceding 17. Strangely enough we beat Arsenal. Serious money had eroded the competitiveness and widen the gap in quality in the intervening 12 years, and I think that in roughly the same time frame, money has blown the top teams into a different orbit.

If you watched the FA Cup final, it should be a wake up call as to how good the top 2 or 3 teams are, and what we need to bring in this summer quality wise to be at a level below Watford.

It depends when you catch me posting. I oscillate between joyous wild abandon and deep pessimism :)

I think if we recruit well in the summer, play our collective cards right during the season & luck is with us, the I think we'll survive. I think we'll ruffle the feathers of some established premier league teams, but not the top table. I'm looking forward to next season immensely, but I hope to god that we prepare for it properly with our recruitment and a lack of sentimentality, and not try to scrape by on a mixture of momentum, team spirit, BDTBL atmosphere, crowd favourites and cut price signings.

I just think the days of beating the top 3 or 4 teams are a thing of the past. In '90 to '94, I think it was only Arsenal that we failed to beat. Even v. Liverpool in '90 (the last time that they were a top side) in our first game back, we bloodied their noses. In '06, we picked up 4 points out of 24 against the top four teams, scoring 3 goals and conceding 17. Strangely enough we beat Arsenal. Serious money had eroded the competitiveness and widen the gap in quality in the intervening 12 years, and I think that in roughly the same time frame, money has blown the top teams into a different orbit.

If you watched the FA Cup final, it should be a wake up call as to how good the top 2 or 3 teams are, and what we need to bring in this summer quality wise to be at a level below Watford.
Anyone who watched that final and thought we are better than Watford will be in for a shock. They are a very, very good side. Top 2 are other world stuff

I saw Alan Knill in Meadowhell on Saturday ,a less self effacing bloke you could not meet. He looked like a cross between an old Goth and a vagrant ,nobody recognised him as he walked past. I just thought look at all these tosspots in here clamouring for attention and achieving nothing in life ,then there is this premier league coach just strolling about not giving a shit. I just nodded at him as he passed me and he knew ,same as I did. Great man.
Knill was thinking "what's that twat looking at", "better nod at him, he looks like a nutter"

Knill was thinking "what's that twat looking at", "better nod at him, he looks like a nutter"

Either that or there is a vagrant Goth Alan Knill lookalike somewhere thinking "Why do people keep smiling and nodding at me? That never used to happen".

Heard plenty about Wilder and those thoughts were great but I really liked the insight into Knill. I've read about him before and his obsession with watching football from around the world to get new tactical ideas about set pieces and such. Sounds like there's a good balance between the two of them.

I have an annual reunion with mates in Newcastle every summer.

One of the lads is a Scunny fan who took a great deal of joy in telling me in July 2016 - ' employing Alan Knill will definitely get you out of League One, all the way to League Two'.

Been a bit quieter the last two summers , he'll be like Harpo Marx next time up.

I have an annual reunion with mates in Newcastle every summer.

One of the lads is a Scunny fan who took a great deal of joy in telling me in July 2016 - ' employing Alan Knill will definitely get you out of League One, all the way to League Two'.

Been a bit quieter the last two summers , he'll be like Harpo Marx next time up.
To be fair to him ,I remember playing away at Scunny when we had 2 (Doyle and Flynn ? ) sent off and they were one of the worst sides I can recall us playing even though we only drew.

Anyone who watched that final and thought we are better than Watford will be in for a shock. They are a very, very good side. Top 2 are other world stuff

They may be, they may not. We don’t know what our team will look like yet.

The first cap-doff of the season. Congratulations Watford. You have your place amongst the elite.

222E7E41-9BE2-4B0A-B3A1-E7199E6B105C.gif

They may be, they may not. We don’t know what our team will look like yet.

The first cap-doff of the season. Congratulations Watford. You have your place amongst the elite.

View attachment 54178
I’d be surprised if we finish above them. I wouldn’t be surprised if we beat them though. I’d be disappointed if we didn’t take points from them.

I’d be surprised if we finish above them. I wouldn’t be surprised if we beat them though. I’d be disappointed if we didn’t take points from them.

I agree. I expect them to be bottom six next season though.

If we’re running scared of Watford we might as well not bother and just forfeit all our games. There are titans in this league. Watford are not one of them.

Again, we ought to see what our squad looks like in August before coming to firm conclusions. That said, I do appreciate that the first dim-witted wenarwegunnafuckinsignsumdeh? must be imminent.

Was unaware that very good = elite

As always, your clarifications are 100% appreciated :D

Thanks. I confidently expect that we shall have bowed our knees to all 19 teams before the big kick-off. We should be careful not to strain them though, because there’s jerkin’ to be done in the Shoutbox.

Weregunnagetbatteredevryweek.

To be fair to him ,I remember playing away at Scunny when we had 2 (Doyle and Flynn ? ) sent off and they were one of the worst sides I can recall us playing even though we only drew.

I think we scored a late Collins equaliser with 9 men on the pitch (though Scunny may have had one sent off as well?). A rare moment of joy in a dark time.

Thanks. I confidently expect that we shall have bowed our knees to all 19 teams before the big kick-off. We should be careful not to strain them though, because there’s jerkin’ to be done in the Shoutbox.

Weregunnagetbatteredevryweek.
Cool

Back
Top Bottom