Chris Wilders Win %

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

HolmesfieldBlade

Reaction score
1206C3DA-96C1-4EAE-8671-748B64ED3DD5.jpeg

With the new season now just 10 days away, I thought I’d look at how much Wilder has improved on his first season in divisions he’s managed, with previous clubs. This will debunk the second syndrome myth (if it hasn’t been already). it turns out - his first season almost always see’s a big increase in the win % over his first season.

Take his Championship record for instance:

2017/18 Championship
43%

2018/19 Championship
56%

So what would happen if Wilder continued this trend and improved on his first season managing in a division? Let’s find out! Disclaimer: This is purely a guess for entertainment, there’s no science behind it.🤣

2019/20 Premier League
36%

Forthcoming season (predicted)
49%

You could argue that with COVID-19, restricted ability to sign top players within the division and lack of fans in the stadium the improvement we may see as United fans will be minimal... But I’m an optimist and believe that the players are improving every day under Wilder who actually coaches and improves players. Unlike many of his Premier League counterparts that can afford to buy ready-made superstars.

Here’s how this optimistic increase for the forthcoming 2020/21 matches would manifest itself over the season:

Predicted wins: 18
⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽

Predicted draws: 10
⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽

Predicted losses: 11
⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽

Wins: 49%
Finish: 5th

What do you think? Will we break into those European spots, or will the Premier League top 6 just be too strong this year?

Let me know down below...

U T B ⚔

Last edited:

his first season almost always see’s a big increase in the win % over his first season.

So much effort ruined by your proof reader

5th predicted.....

Not a chance, i'm going 13th this season.

I’d say we’ll finish somewhere between 10th and 18th based on a number of factors that are yet to be decided. Signing a goal scorer is one of those. If we finish 5th I’ll donate £50 to a charity of your choice.

I am both an optimist and a realist (as well as a snowflake) but 5th does not fall between those two ideals.
Realist says 13th and optimist says 10th.

View attachment 90492

With the new season now just 10 days away, I thought I’d look at how much Wilder has improved on his first season in divisions he’s managed, with previous clubs. This will debunk the second syndrome myth (if it hasn’t been already). it turns out - his first season almost always see’s a big increase in the win % over his first season.

Take his Championship record for instance:

2017/18 Championship
43%

2018/19 Championship
56%

So what would happen if Wilder continued this trend and improved on his first season managing in a division? Let’s find out! Disclaimer: This is purely a guess for entertainment, there’s no science behind it.🤣

2019/20 Premier League
36%

Forthcoming season (predicted)
49%

You could argue that with COVID-19, restricted ability to sign top players within the division and lack of fans in the stadium the improvement we may see as United fans will be minimal... But I’m an optimist and believe that the players are improving every day under Wilder who actually coaches and improves players. Unlike many of his Premier League counterparts that can afford to buy ready-made superstars.

Here’s how this optimistic increase for the forthcoming 2020/21 matches would manifest itself over the season:

Predicted wins: 18
⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽

Predicted draws: 10
⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽

Predicted losses: 11
⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽

Wins: 49%
Finish: 5th

What do you think? Will we break into those European spots, or will the Premier League top 6 just be too strong this year?

Let me know down below...

U T B ⚔

Enjoyed that post 👍

I'm the type of jerk who always thinks we're going to struggle despite many reasons that suggest we'll do well. I think we'll finish 16-18th this time. Lack of atmosphere will affect us.

love that the prediction has us playing 39 league games ....

And that the first season is always an improvement on the first season (WTF)

Oh and how large a sample size did the OP pull from CW's long managerial career to categorically say he always improves in the second season in the same league?? That's right, just the one example.

Jesus wept.

I think we all agree that our general form after lockdown suffered, possibly due to the lack of atmosphere.

We won 3, Drew 2 and Lost 5.

I don't think it was an easy run of games and indeed our 3 wins came against teams that finished in the top 7. If we were to just take that form throughout next season, that would leave us on around 41-42 points, so still more than enough to avoid relegation and last season would have seen us finish 15th.

O, ye of little faith, cast not a clout till May is out and if da ever duz owt for nowt do it far di sen....
Our man Wilder always improves on his previous season,
IT IS WRITTEN .........🙈🙉🙊.

Last edited:

And that the first season is always an improvement on the first season (WTF)

Oh and how large a sample size did the OP pull from CW's long managerial career to categorically say he always improves in the second season in the same league?? That's right, just the one example.

Jesus wept.

Presumably he improved in his second season at Northampton, considering he got them promoted on 99 points?

Oxford, not sure but he probably peaked with the conference promotion then went backwards in league 2.

Halifax, again not sure.

Back
Top Bottom