Chris Wilder on Goals on Sunday next week

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Kamara said something like “He won’t be dropping out”

So I guess they’ve had problems with other managers pulling out after bad results in the past.

I’d expect CW to take it on the chin and still show his face whatever the result.

Him and Alan Knill have just picked out in the crowd at Goodison by Sky. I hope they’re just watching Spurs and they haven’t been for an interview. ;)

Who's presenting it now? Jessica Ennis, Kelly Holmes?

Declan Rice was pulled by West Ham today. Kammy showed him ducking Shelvey’s free kick and was joking it may have been that.

Kamara said something like “He won’t be dropping out”

So I guess they’ve had problems with other managers pulling out after bad results in the past.

I’d expect CW to take it on the chin and still show his face whatever the result.
got the impression someone else dropped out and o Hara stepped in.. who was rather interesting as it happened

Declan Rice pulled out by West Ham presumably because they're all in for training today

Him and Alan Knill have just picked out in the crowd at Goodison by Sky. I hope they’re just watching Spurs and they haven’t been for an interview. ;)
He said in the interview on MOTD that he was going to watch spurs.

We may get more than a couple of minutes coverage then. Bit of a bugger if we lose. 😣

got the impression someone else dropped out and o Hara stepped in.. who was rather interesting as it happened

I usually run through it until they get to “our bit” so probably missed that

Vicky Gomersall too 😍😍😍

As expected Wilder is coming across impressively well.

He’s ultra honest, measured/ knowledgable but also coming up with moments of humour, this is rare for a PL manager who these days prefer to play a straight bat and not show too much of their personality. Maybe it’s because most managers in the PL are just first team coaches, not managers, in control of everything.

The downside is that fans of other clubs will also be impressed with how Wilder speaks, so his national popularity is sure to rise.
Its like the “emperors new clothes” story, everyone uses the logic that because he’s English, from the lower divisions speaking with a Sheffield accent
then it’s impossible that he can be this good. The logic is he must be lucky, play long ball and work harder than any other team. The more people than say it....then perception becomes reality....many PL fans are like sheep....they have become brainwashed and believe all the stereotypes.

At some point PL fans are going to say “this guy Wilder is special, better than Mourinho”.

Once that happens then there could be a media snowball effect where Wilder suddenly becomes the latest fashion and massively in demand.

Last edited:

He’s ultra honest, measured/ knowledgable but also coming up with moments of humour, this is rare for a PL manager who these days prefer to play a straight bat and not show too much of their personality. Maybe it’s because most managers in the PL are just first team coaches, not managers, in control of everything.

The downside is that fans of other clubs will also be impressed with how Wilder speaks, so his national popularity is sure to rise.
Its like the “emperors new clothes” story, everyone uses the logic that because he’s English, from the lower divisions speaking with a Sheffield accent
then it’s impossible that he can be this good. The logic is he must be lucky, play long ball and work harder than any other team. The more people than say it....then perception becomes reality....many PL fans are like sheep....they have become brainwashed and believe all the stereotypes.

At some point PL fans are going to say “this guy Wilder is special, better than Mourinho”.

Once that happens then there could be a media snowball effect where Wilder suddenly becomes the latest fashion and massively in demand.

I'm still seeing comments about him being a "younger Warnock". There is a thread here on the Bristol City site that shows just how many football fans still know nothing about him. Obviously Bristol City fans don't represent every fan base but I imagine there are similar feelings throughout football with half the people knowing what he, and we, are all about and others just presuming based on where Wilder is from.

I'm still seeing comments about him being a "younger Warnock". There is a thread here on the Bristol City site that shows just how many football fans still know nothing about him. Obviously Bristol City fans don't represent every fan base but I imagine there are similar feelings throughout football with half the people knowing what he, and we, are all about and others just presuming based on where Wilder is from.

To be fair there is one comment comparing him to Warnock and one stating that is ridiculous

The rest are mixed with a few complimentary and a few from straw munching yokels but I guess all forums are a bit mad

Wilder is conversation with the Prince now about January transfers.
Says that if we were adrift at the bottom of table he would be more inclined to tell him 'keep your cash in your pocket'.

* Runs off to start transfer rumour *

Bristol City fans are nearly as deluded as Wednesday fans....and many Bristolians are certain they are smartest people who live in the finest city in Europe. Not all of them of course but very many are up their own arses.

Think this is a classic case of fans basing too much on our games with them and not seeing past those infrequent instances. I listen to Elis James’s podcast a lot, and they do often talk sense, but he, Danny Gabbidon and Iwan Roberts the other week couldn’t understand why McGoldrick would be starting ahead of McBurnie. I can understand Swansea fans like James wondering what all the fuss is about given their games with us last season. Bit like Walsall fans when we were in League 1.

Though Oxford’s fans take some beating on the mistaken views front.

Back
Top Bottom