Match Thread Chesterfield v Sheffield United - Pre-Season Friendly - 23/07/19

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Think they run shuttle buses to the ground from outside the Blue Bell in town centre..... Not sure about friendlys though.

From the piggy-managed non-leaguers site:

Early arrival advised tonight

Fans attending tonight's home game against Sheffield United are urged to arrive in plenty of time ahead of the 7.30pm kick-off.
A large crowd will be in attendance so early arrival is strongly advised to avoid lengthy queues.
The A61 (Dronfield by-pass) will be shut from 7pm on both sides for re-surfacing.

Diversions are in place at Norton so there are likely increases in traffic around the Dronfield, Eckington and Whittington areas. Motorists are also encouraged to use the A619 through Staveley.
Admission to the game is priced at £10 for adults and £5 for concessions.
Online purchases can be made here up until one hour before kick-off. Otherwise, tickets can be purchased at the Ticket Office.

Yes officially. I’ve mostly parked there when going to the Prozac stadium. Never had a problem.

Another option is the car park at the bottom of Duke Street, just off Whit Moor to your left as you join the old Sheffield Road after the big roundabout. (More or less opposite the Red Lion and Lidl).
If you park round on pottery lane, there's a bridge that goes over the dual carriageway to the back of the Proact.
I used to live across from Sainsbury's, there's plenty of parking that side too.

Could I add is there any game feeds to Canada?

Not as far as I know. It's on the Chessie site but looks like radio commentary only. There will probably be a phone feed from one or two of the Blades FB groups.

I've lost count of the number of Blades FB groups there are. And they keep changing their names. If you join them it's best to opt out of notifications due to the twattery that can sometimes go on. Though there are plenty of decent people on there too.

Interesting to see how Jagielka compares this time played in the middle of the 3.

Morrison’s continued absence a concern given he needs the games to get fit.

Interesting no Ravel and Duffy again. And no Lys.

Was hoping to see Morrison and Mousset get some minutes today. Slightly disappointing. I'm sure they will impress when they do get a chance though.

Not bothered about Clarke he's listed, suppose Duffy is going too but Ravel and Lys need game fitness and time to fit into our system.

Was a bit gutted I couldn’t make tonight but having seen the lineup I’m glad I’ve saved myself for Barnsley on Saturday.

Interested to see how Dewhurst does, though it's not exactly a huge test.

To be honest I'm more interested in Wilder's interview after, see what he says about Duffy.

Any channels showing game?
One on FB. I'm in but is a group you have to join and be vetted pre acceptance. Overseas so good for me. Soz. You'll have to hunt round but none on any TV channels.

Yes it's July. Yes it's a friendly but does anyone else feel like we are breaking up something that was superb and the clock is ticking to August 10th and it seems like apart from signing a striker and a keeper absolute minimum there are squillions of things still to do to get 11 lads all on the same page when we go to Bournemouth.
I absolutely believe Wilder will have it done. Just feels like a car with the engine in a thousand bits and the Grand Prix starts tomorrow.
It's good to cathart. Thanks for listening.

Back
Top Bottom