Match Thread Chesterfield v Sheffield United - Pre-Season Friendly - 23/07/19

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Yep I agree with the above, Bryan was very good, light years from his performance against Barnet. He was particularly impressive in the air I thought. I think only he, Dewhurst, Basham and Lundstram completed the 90, as well.

There was only slightly odd moment towards the end when Baldock was looking to take a throw-in in an attacking position down the right. Chesterfield were making some subs, so there was a bit of a delay. Baldock shouted 'Kean, Kean, KEAN!' and when he finally got his attention, just gave Bryan a thumbs up! Not sure what that was about. Possibly he was just warning Bryan to be switched on about the subs, as there would briefly be an overload down that side of the pitch.

The only time he gave the ball away. No mention of Norwood nearly putting the ball in Tesco car park trying to switch the play?

Sorry to have an opinion.
Fuck that. Here's my opinion.
Norwood might make a PL player. I've seen plenty of reasons why.
I don't think Lundstram will much as I'd like him too. Seen nothing much to suggest it.
Wilder thinks he will? Fine. He's the gaffer.

I hope it's the last we've seen of Bryan and Lundstram as starters in pre season now.

Bryan might have looked OK in the friendlies but there's not enough to work with there for PL level. He has no outstanding attributes.

It would be better for us to give Stevens time at LCB now, if JOC's injured.

Lundstram is the best he's been but won't be starting the season for us and Norwood should play at least 70 minutes of the remaining friendlies.

I hope it's the last we've seen of Bryan and Lundstram as starters in pre season now.

Bryan might have looked OK in the friendlies but there's not enough to work with there for PL level. He has no outstanding attributes.

It would be better for us to give Stevens time at LCB now, if JOC's injured.

Lundstram is the best he's been but won't be starting the season for us and Norwood should play at least 70 minutes of the remaining friendlies.

His pace and his strength are outstanding attributes. He was also very good in the air against Chesterfield last night. I do agree that he has to show a bit more though if he's to make it in the Prem

Thought it was a good run out last night- yes it was against conference opposition but everything seemed to be a bit quicker and more precise than against Northampton on Saturday.

Thought Robinson looks a class act. Billy proving he will just score goals.
Jags looked solid at the back.
The other one that impressed me was young Regan Slater. Again low opposition and not expecting we will see much of him this season but signs he may be a useful player in the future

How much would you like to wager on that? Careful now. I like a bet.

Pinchy may have many faults, but he is able to learn from his own mistakes. Last season's hogwash was that Sharp wouldn't get 10 goals, so both LoughboroBlade and myself profitted from his grandiose pontificating.

This year he's gone stupidly high. NO forward from any team in the bottom 8 will get 20 goals, even those starting all the games (which Billy won't).

If Billy plays a part in 25 games then he might just sneak into double figures. Unfortunately though, I don't think he will be in CW's early starting line ups.

If Billy plays a part in 25 games then he might just sneak into double figures.

If he did that it would be an excellent season for him. I personally think he’ll get between 5 and 8 goals.

We likely aren’t going to have anyone getting 20 goals. In fact we’ll do well to have someone on 15. Just as a reminder to folk, since 90/91 the max anyone has got for us in the top tier was Deane with 14 – back when they played 4 more games.

90/91: Deano 13
91/92: Deano 13
92/93: Deano 14
93/94: Big Jostein 9
06/07: Hulse 8

Back
Top Bottom