Pre-Season 17/18 Chesterfield v. Sheffield United - 18/07/17

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Foxy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Match thread ahead of tonight's friendly...

Always gutted to miss this one, even if its a friendly. Always keep an eye on them as i live in the town.

Footballing wise i'm expecting an interesting game. Partially because we played them on the last game of the season, but they've also recruited, in my opinion, very well this summer. I imagine they will be a very different side to the one they had last year, which looked old, tired and physical. So they will be a younger, fresher side, with experience like O'Grady. To me, they have approached things well this summer.

As for ourselves, the feedback from Spain has been very positive, the recruitment, whilst seemingly a work in progress with more to come, has been intelligent and couple with the preseason preparations we look fit, lean and sharp, it appears that the transition has been seamless from Champions to Championship.

It will be the first of three tough games against Chesterfield, Rotherham and then Stoke, each providing a tougher test for us but a good chance to see how the summer preparations have gone.

Would like us to line up like this...

Moore

Basham Stearman O'Connell

Freeman Coutts Fleck Stevens

Brooks

Sharp Lavery

And give most of them at least 60 minutes, full 90 for Brooks.... show them what they can't have!

• Admin
Is Ruby coming? Guaranteed win then :)

No, too big and potentially noisy. We were going to take her to the U23s at Worksop tonight instead of Ches, but with kickoff at 7pm probably won't finish work in time to get across.

So far:

P: 2 | W: 2 | D: 0 | L: 0 | GF: 13 | GA: 1 | GD: +12

Technically, she did (through choice) watch most of the Malaga friendly too, but not counting armchair :)

Just to confirm it's definitely a 7:30 kick-off tonight, despite it saying 7:45 on the tickets. Chesterfield FC have confirmed it's 7:30 on their official twitter. Apologies for duplicating what has already been discussed on another thread.

Just to confirm it's definitely a 7:30 kick-off tonight, despite it saying 7:45 on the tickets. Chesterfield FC have confirmed it's 7:30 on their official twitter. Apologies for duplicating what has already been discussed on another thread.
Really? Jeez. Cheers buddy.

Glad to see some of the younguns on the team sheet, would have been nice for Ched to return even to just say thanks to Chezza

Would like us to line up like this...

Moore

Basham Stearman O'Connell

Freeman Coutts Fleck Stevens

Brooks

Sharp Lavery

And give most of them at least 60 minutes, full 90 for Brooks.... show them what they can't have!
I think it's only missing lavery mate.

Missing out are James Hanson (thigh), Ched Evans (hip), George Baldock (ankle) and Mark Duffy, who's partner has given birth today.

Back
Top Bottom