Match Thread Chelsea v. Sheffield United - 7th November 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

CHE
CHE
CHE

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1604585800720.png v.1604585807585.png
EPL Week 8 - Saturday 7th November 2020 - Stamford Bridge

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/chelsea-vs-sheffield-united.516/

Officials:

Referee:
Jonathan Moss
Assistant Referee: Marc Perry
Assistant Referee: Simon Long
Fourth Official: Stuart Attwell
Video Assistant Referee: Kevin Friend
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Simon Beck

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2020-11-05 at 14.27.10.png

This is embarrassing now. I feel sorry for McGoldrick who to me looks like the only one who has put in a decent shift

Yeah, and I feel sorry for Berge too, looks like half the player when he's got such a weak midfield around him, chasing everything and just desperately trying to get the ball because no-one else seems arsed.

I’ve had a go at Blades having a go at CW but these performances and selections are unacceptable. I’m not going to call for his head but nor would I be upset if HRH made the change... it may be the only way to save our PL status
I don’t want Wilder to go. I want him to say I don’t know why we’re launching it every 2 minutes and playing like cowards. I need to hear those things aren’t coming from him

I don’t want Wilder to go. I want him to say I don’t know why we’re launching it every 2 minutes and playing like cowards. I need to hear those things aren’t coming from him
Although after his post-match City comments not sure I would believe him if he did though!!

AAAAARRRGGGHHHH.
WE WERE SHITE TONEEET!
How we miss JOC & Hendo.
Best start planning for champ footy methinks.
Gutted tonight.
Not good enough by miles.

Let's face it we punched above our weight last season.
Most of our players are playing well below last seasons standards with the possible exception of Basham.
Our signings with the exception of Berge have all been disappointing so far and no real improvement on last year's squad.
We are missing O'Connell and badly needed to sign a replacement.
I would be interested to see any stats on how many times sides give away possession i would be surprised if we wasn't top.
Our crossing is woeful we tried something different tonight and got a goal, but the few times we put crosses in after that they were all high floaty balls that was just screaming out to the Goalkeeper catch me.
We are unfortunately a slow side that lacks pace and athleticism.
Chelsea where very good tonight and I know Lampard got a lot of stick last season from some of our fans but he's put together a good side this season they look genuine title contenders this season,
Ziyech looks a very good player.
On a plus side we have just played Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea away and Man City at home so the games coming up should get a little bit easier and we do have Fleck and Mousset to come back.

Disagree.....virtually every fan insisted we must buy Berge and Brewster
but said we’d have no chance because we don’t have the ambition to spend big.

As often the case...after the event.....damned if you do....damned if you don’t
Berge good signing, let's be honest hes not good with money and to stubborn for his own good

Need to keep the ball more,and move it quicker.. we just invite pressure by constantly giving it away.
Not saying Norwood was great, but we were even worse when he went off, at least he keeps things ticking over and moves it quicker.. Need Fleck back, and Berge on the right of the 3.
Need to pick up some results fast, and hope the Jan window brings in some quality signings, or we're fucked...Don't agree with those calling for Chris to go.

Started off ok but as soon as they settled down we just let them do what they want. Like we did last week. May as well have asked them how many they wanted to score. We pressed for like 15 minutes and then just backed off them. We pulled a few shirts but hardly put a tackle in. We let them attack at will and hoped they wouldn't score. I'm confused as to what the management team are doing. Our system has been sussed. It was last season. Unless we're playing 110% and all on form we have hardly anything to threaten any team. We look scared. We used to go at teams. Now we sink to our knees and supplicate ourselves in worship or all their world class players. We look shattered. We're only playing one game per week when everyone we're playing is playing two yet looking much fitter. And we only used two subs and for the life of me what has Burke done wrong?

Ramsdale - 5 - I got called names for pointing out he makes at least one bad mistake every game. He was a mess tonight. Can't catch or hold a ball. By punching or handbagging everything he is giving corners and possession away. Catch the bloody ball. Distribution is beyond awful. Makes some standard or good saves then messes one up. He does not command his area. He waits to react to touches in the box instead of collecting the ball. When he does run out for it he's often nowhere near it. Must improve. At the moment, I'm not sure he's earning a place ahead of someone else. Apart from Foderingham. He's worse.
Lowe - 4.5 - nowhere near their man for 90 minutes. Ziyech had the easiest game of his life. Never close to him or chasing shadows. Not helped by a woeful Stevens or at all by Lundstram. Put one good first time cross in but doesn't look good enough defensively at the moment. Poor tracking from the corner for their goal.
Stevens - 4 - A liability all game. If he's not making mistakes, which he seems to make with frequency in a back three, he's allowing men to run off him. Not helped by Lundstram who never seems to be anywhere near helping.
Egan - 5- Poor all game. Gave a stupid free kick away and generally looked slow and close to a mistake all the time. He's not marshalling the defence at the moment and, as a unit, we look all over the shop
Basham - 4 - Mistake-ridden and too eager to charge out and leave a massive gap behind him when not getting the ball. Did well first half to get to the by-line a couple of times but when the CBs are not getting forward he looks poor at the back.
Baldock - 5 - Wasteful going forward but looked shaky at the back. They didn't really attack him that much but when they did it was fairly simple to go round him.
Lundstram - 3 - Bizarrely, he's our only player who see to get in the right positions to get the ball but when he does he just seems to move forward until an opposition player blocks him and then turn back. The 3 is for the fact, and this has happened most weeks this season, he has give his defence very little cover. When he's on the ball he doesn't look confident but off the ball he looks half-arsed and never busts a gut to get back.
Norwood - 5.5 - Defensively, pretty non-descript. However, he was the best thing we had when on the ball. Shifted the ball quickly and well. The only person seemingly capable of passing long distances forward. Surprised when he came off but he seems to be struggling to play 90 minutes after being a regular for us last year.
Berge - 5 - Far too slow on the ball. Gets caught out frequently and today didn't seem to have the legs or strength to get out of it. He started off ok but gradually faded.
McGoldrick - 5.5 - Clever finish for the goal and made a lot of runs first half to give us an out ball. Faded badly after the hour but was the one attacking player actually causing their defenders and midfielders problems.
Brewster - 3.5 - Touched the ball 4 times first half. Was a bit more involved second half but never in the right place, doesn't close down defenders anywhere near well enough and when he does get the ball takes too many touches. Slow to the react and I currently have not idea why we've signed him. Let alone why he's our most expensive player ever. He looked lively for Swansea last season but that was in a team which created a lot of chances and had their fair share of possession. We haven't been that team for 20 games and it currently looks like a baffling decision to sign him. We needed a player who can offer more than converting chances. I'm seeing nothing from him so far. Might come good but not in the style we're playing. Gets an extra .5 because I really think he's been shafted by Wilder. Why he's been chucked in at the deep end against the best 3 teams in the league is beyond me. They're clearly not games suited to how he plays. Makes no sense.
McBurnie - 5 - We looked better with him on the pitch but he did next to nothing. Held the ball up a few times and played players in but he slows things down and seems to need an extra touch all the time.
Osborn - 4.5 - Ran about a bit but had absolutely zero impact on the game

Wilder - 2 - Yes, the players have been poor this season but all he seems to do is blame everyone but himself. We gave up before we started against Chelsea and Man City. We're simply not having a go this season. We're not attacking teams. We're running scared. He can say the players have lost confidence or not doing what he wants but he doesn't look particularly animated on the touchline when they simply back off the opposition and let them play. He needs to change something, quickly. If this goes on to Christmas we're as good as down. It's like Chris Wilder died during first lockdown and we've replaced him with a clone who can only do what his programming tells him. People calling for his head are morons but he needs to answer some strong questions about what he's actually doing to earn his money at the moment.

Wow we are really shit. I’m annoyed so I can’t coherently post right now but to start with:

• We can’t defend
  • Our left hand side is shocking (Stevens and Lundstram have been shit and Lowe is also pretty bad)
  • George can’t cross
  • Brewster looks lost
  • We can’t defend crosses
  • If a team presses us we go to shit
  • Ramsdale is shot of confidence and doesn’t even look an average PL keeper based on tonight
  • Our forward line is shocking
  • Plan B is worse than plan A

We are going down this season, I don’t care if we’ve just played 3 good teams. We played Chelsea last season and didn’t pull our pants down like today.
Or Chelsea this season have spent £200millon on quality and we have brought players in who no fucker else wants!

this is poor & 1st time in long time we have been hammered clearly wilder wont be happy. tough to watch us being opened us so easily. espically in the 2nd half where possession & defending did leave alot to be desired

but Chelsea made us look far poorer than we were as they are quality side. i dont why arent allowed to say this Werner, Ziyech have finally settled producing some of the quality football they got signed for. theyve beat Burnley 3-0 Palace 4-0 & won last 2 Champions league games 3 & 4-0. can score for fun as weve seen scoring 3+ in 8 of last 11 PL/CL games

fixtures haven't helped 3 of the toughest games we will play this season consecutively. after alot of bad luck in 1st 5 games. but this is why all those sitters missed in the 1st half v fulham was a disaster as we knew we would get 0 in next 3. because of quality we would face. but we we take 4 - 6 pts off West ham & West Brom. everything looks better

Ramsdale is the least of our worries. Where the fuck has our team gone? What is this timid cowardly shit? How many more games before this negative, hoof shit gets thrown in the bin and we go after sides? Giving Liverpool, City and Chelsea the ball for 90 minutes and sit 10 men 40 yards with instruction to hoof high and long from our own goal is amateurish and frankly embarrassing.
Ramsdale is a worry from what I’ve seen. last season we were much more effective in both ‘boxes’. Although we didn’t always have lots of the ball. It’s concerning because We bought him for a lot of money (by our standards) and he hasn’t had a positive impact in our box. So far he looks flat footed and slow to anticipate.
Disagree Henderson was capable of making mistakes too, last year and the year before.
Of course, they all make mistakes. The point is Henderson is big boots to fill and Ramsdale hasn’t filled them -Yet. it’s one of the significant differences from last season. There’s been a number of goals where he’s been questionable at best, and a few clangers too. Keeper / JOC / Fleck (left side style of play), and impactful strikers, or lack of, are the significant issues so far.

Thinking about it in bed this morning, it was clear yesterday that we were outfought and outthought.

On the pitch, we lost the midfield battle and spend most of the game chasing shadows and being second best to the ball. They wanted it more than us and got to every second ball first.

Off the pitch, Lampard knew our plan (because we play the same way every single game) and played Kovačić instead of a more attacking midfielder and neutralised our wingbacks by pushing Chillwell and James further forward. You stop our wingbacks, you stop our attacks.

If we continue just to play the same way it's very easy for clubs at this level with whole teams of tactical scouts to neutralise us, as long as they have the players to do so. We could overcome it sometimes when we're playing at our best, but otherwise we struggle.

Absolutely stewing at that performance.

Lundstram needs to stay at home and isolate covid or not. Fuck off out of our club you lazy cunt.

Back
Top Bottom