Match Thread Chelsea v. Sheffield United - 31st Aug 19

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

CHE
CHE
CHE

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1566894837005.png v. 1566894845464.png

EPL Week 4 - Saturday 31st August 2019 - Stamford Bridge

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/chelsea-vs-sheffield-united.468/

Officials:

Referee:
Stuart Attwell
Assistant Referee: Stuart Burt
Assistant Referee: Nick Hopton
Fourth Official: Dean Whitestone
Video Assistant Referee: Tim Robinson
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Adam Nunn

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2019-08-29 at 18.32.48.png

Visitors Guide:

Attachments

• Visiting Supporters Advice 31.08.19 (1).pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 67
Last edited:

Reminds me of a mate of mine on our first holiday abroad, Ibiza 96, met 2 young ladies, went back, and heard shouting in the other room, and like this match thread, he arrived very early, to early for the young lady anyway, she had only taken her top off, he was fully dressed!! 🤣

• Admin

Not so sure on this one. Wilder usually gets a responses following an angry post match interview, and with Fat Frank and Chelsea being a bit inconsistent...

Now Chelsea have their first win under their belt, they'll be odds on favs for this one.

Which should work in our favour.

• Admin
TV coverage updated

2-2

McBurnie double
Lunny and Baldock with crossing assists with McBurnie destroying Azpi in the air.

chris wilder said some players did well against blackburn, others did not... he mentioned besic, ravel and two other guys as those who played well

hoping to see besic in this one, from the start or coming off the bench

Reminds me of a mate of mine on our first holiday abroad, Ibiza 96, met 2 young ladies, went back, and heard shouting in the other room, and like this match thread, he arrived very early, to early for the young lady anyway, she had only taken her top off, he was fully dressed!! 🤣
I'm impressed he could still pull the ladies at that age :oops:

Going to be sat in the home end at an away game for the first time ever. Any tips?
You just need to ease yourself into your surroundings.
Perhaps start with a quick rendition of the 'Vinnie Jones is illegitimate' song.
If you get away with that, let Frank have a chorus of 'shit Stevie Gerrard'
If you are still in the ground, you should be OK with 'Shoreham boys we are here' for the rest of the match.

Seriously though, take care and enjoy the game.

No reason why we can't give it a go. They've looked frail at the back so far. Leicester should've beat them and Norwich went toe-to-toe with them, so I fancy us to at least score.

Darren bent on talkSPORT- “Mcburnie isn’t a goal scorer” “Sharp is their only goal threat”

I've just been looking at Chelsea's squad and last few performances.

Rookie Lampard chooses not to play Willian, Alonso ( dangerous at set-pieces and overlapping), Tomori and Giroud ( set pieces). Pedro and their best player Kante are unfit.

They no longer have a Hazard or a Costa.

They play rookies Abraham and Mount who were very little trouble to us last season.

Zouma is a disaster waiting to happen. Barkley is seriously over-rated. Kovacic and Jorginho are not incisive, more crabby Ray Wilkins types that flatter to deceive.

Azpilicueta is not in the form he used to be. Keeper and Christensen ordinary. Left back, forget his name looks o.k.

I was really looking forward to watching Wilson, Frazer, Zaha, Townsend, Vardy, Maddison and Tiellemans in the first three games. None of them did that well against our strong squad. Not bothered about any of the Chelsea team now Kante is out.

This Chelsea lot are 13th in the table and look no better than that to me. They do have a strong crowd to start with at games. Keep 'em out first 20 minutes and let them all gradually run out of steam. Bring it on!

Going to be sat in the home end at an away game for the first time ever. Any tips?

Don't speak (northern). Jump up and clap if Chelsea score. Sit and laugh inside if United score. If asked say you are neutral and love the P.L. and from Bergen in Norway. Your own team is Rosenberg in Trondeim ( I think). Talk like a Scandinavian actor. Watch out, Chelsea's crowd are aggressive.

Fuck Chelsea. Fuck Lampard. 2-1 to the Blades.

Our first real big away test against a side full of top quality. If they were able to sign players during the window this would be an instant write-off, in my opinion.

For some reason I've felt this is one we can win since the fixtures were first released. Not based on anything logical, I can just feel it in me watters. Let it be known that my watters are often wrong as my SkyBet record will clearly show.

We're not a gung-ho side, but we should go for this. Play with a decent mix of organisation and fearlessness and there's no reason we can't return from the big smoke without a point at least.

Let's look forward to it and hope for a result.

Melbourne blade is doing a 'likely lads" and trying to avoidi the score as I'm flying back to Oz from the US. I'll arrive 6 hours after final whistle so will rewatch whole game on Optus. Sshhh. Hope we don't lose 6-0. All notifications off. Any more tips? :confused:

Let’s give the Chavs a right ole shock tomorrow! UTB!

Back
Top Bottom