Ched to start on Saturday

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Beattie was a great signing and a show of intent but came here on the back of just 13 goals from 73 games for Everton if his Wiki is to be believed and his best before that was 1 in 4 for Soton. A great player I am not questioning with pedigree but it wasn't until he came here that he really got his ratio down. people are suggesting we need a proven Championship striker but its just not possible anymore without spending £10m+

Richard Cadette coming from two leagues lower is a scenario I think Wilder would like to replicate but again even players from league 2 who score for fun cost a good figure and will still be berated amongst the faithful. The only way to do it now it would seem is to really do your research take a look at who will be lining up alongside him and take a chance
Cadette? I doubt Wilder wants another one like him, he played with him. Couldn't hit a cow's arse with a shovel.

I'm not saying that Billy didn't get a fantastic reception from the majority of fans, but there were plenty who just sang Ched's name as soon a the board was held up. On the pitch it might have been hard to distinguish if the applause was for Billy or Evans coming on.

Understandable with it being his first home league appearance in front of a big crowd

Could tell most were a bit giddy to see him get on

Don't think it was particularly disrespectful, personally glad to see him get such a warm welcome after most of us were very iffy about the signing

I've made my peace with it and will 100% support him

Ahem!

I think you will find that the officially approved implement is a 'banjo' circa Dave Bassett 1989.
No, Bassett is wrong. It's barn door with a banjo or cow's arse with a shovel.

Exactly this. I find the singing of his name when he's not on the pitch insulting to the strikers who are.

I remember singing the lavery song quite a few times last season in the final twenty minutes when he was warming up, and others in the past, why criticise it with Evans..was it the level of support that surprised people.. thought that was called getting behind the lads and many fans wanted to show that he has a lot of support, didnt their fans at boro give him support too??.

he's been through a lot, and i guess it'll calm down in the coming weeks once the newness wears off... unless he starts finding the back of the net..

I remember singing the lavery song quite a few times last season in the final twenty minutes when he was warming up, and others in the past, why criticise it with Evans..was it the level of support that surprised people.. thought that was called getting behind the lads and many fans wanted to show that he has a lot of support, didnt their fans at boro give him support too??.

he's been through a lot, and i guess it'll calm down in the coming weeks once the newness wears off... unless he starts finding the back of the net..
It applied to Lavery too. It's insulting to the players on the pitch, in my opinion.

If he plays anything like he did on Saturday, it'll die off within a week! :)

Back
Top Bottom