Ched Evans [Confirmed]

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Of course not. Sorry I thought you were arguing we should bring him back
Not even remotely, the clue with that was, I never said anything about him coming back, I mearly acknowledged the fact that, he was scoring goals and we were not????
I'm not sure how you came to the conclusion that I was indeed demanding we brought him back to play for us in the premier league, but if you would care to share what you had been drinking at the point you did decide that, then I'd be greatful, as I'm hoping to get into a similar state on boxing day!!

Not even remotely, the clue with that was, I never said anything about him coming back, I mearly acknowledged the fact that, he was scoring goals and we were not????
I'm not sure how you came to the conclusion that I was indeed demanding we brought him back to play for us in the premier league, but if you would care to share what you had been drinking at the point you did decide that, then I'd be greatful, as I'm hoping to get into a similar state on boxing day!!
I was downing pints of wine

That's what happens when people make decisions based on facts. What a set of wankers.
Don’t get it do you. The legality of his actions were never the issue. The actions themselves were deplorable. And if you still don’t believe they were then may god help you. (I’m not religious)

Don’t get it do you. The legality of his actions were never the issue. The actions themselves were deplorable. And if you still don’t believe they were then may god help you. (I’m not religious)
I'm not about to impose my moral standards on anybody else. My mother finds it horrific that I have sex outside of wedlock so if you think you are right to judge somebody else, why then isn't my mother right? Or me, or even Evans himself? And then why just leave it at sexual morality, why not motoring or tax payments or just the way people live in general? There are laws for a reason, somebody drew a line and said the standards below this line are illegal, those above are legal many times I come across things that are legal I don't like or illegal that don't bother me but it's not for me or anybody else to say what is acceptable and what isn't.
TLDR; You don't get to say what the acceptable standard is and insist everybody sticks to it.

Cleaner at the Trafford Centre

I'm not about to impose my moral standards on anybody else. My mother finds it horrific that I have sex outside of wedlock so if you think you are right to judge somebody else, why then isn't my mother right? Or me, or even Evans himself? And then why just leave it at sexual morality, why not motoring or tax payments or just the way people live in general? There are laws for a reason, somebody drew a line and said the standards below this line are illegal, those above are legal many times I come across things that are legal I don't like or illegal that don't bother me but it's not for me or anybody else to say what is acceptable and what isn't.
TLDR; You don't get to say what the acceptable standard is and insist everybody sticks to it.

Wow. So just to confirm, you’re happy with what he did? You seem nice.

And edit: ‘who am I to impose moral judgment on someone’ is absolutely not a valid argument. If people are transphobic, homophobic, racist etc view, are we not st Liberty to challenge that? It’s not illegal to hold homophobic views, but if you don’t challenge it you’re a disgrace also. Society doesn’t improve if we do not challenge and denigrate the immoral. The defence of those purporting these actions are almost as bad as those committing the offences.

the word ‘feminist’ gets dismissed due to the opinions of a few radicals, but ultimately this is misogyny at it’s absolute worst. What Evans and is mate did was abhorrent and is righty condemned, illegal or not. And shame on anyone who says otherwise.
Caveat for your benefit, yes I suppose this is my opinion. But fucking hell....

Last edited:
Wow. So just to confirm, you’re happy with what he did?
Where did I say that? You've just made that up. Read what I put not what you want it to say.
And the rest of your diatribe is just you trying and failing to make an argument for what you wrote previously but keeping on topic which the rest of your statement didn't

What Evans and is mate did was abhorrent and is righty condemned, illegal or not. And shame on anyone who says otherwise.
Caveat for your benefit, yes I suppose this is my opinion. But fucking hell...
'abhorrent' in your opinion and condemned by you if you've had sex out of marriage there are people who would say the same about that and there are thousands of other things you may do which other people don't like but that is just their opinion as this is yours.

Where did I say that? You've just made that up. Read what I put not what you want it to say.
And the rest of your diatribe is just you trying and failing to make an argument for what you wrote previously but keeping on topic which the rest of your statement didn't

'abhorrent' in your opinion and condemned by you if you've had sex out of marriage there are people who would say the same about that and there are thousands of other things you may do which other people don't like but that is just their opinion as this is yours.

no no, what was my original post? That his actions were deplorable, and I absolutely stand by that. They are, and should be seen as such.

there’s such a strong difference that people fail to see here. They always defend him and then go ‘no I’m not saying it’s ok, I’m just saying you can’t impose your judgment on him’.

So you’re now arguing that you are not happy with what he did? Either you are, or you are not, there is no in between. I’ll ask you a binary question outright - do you think that his actions were acceptable? I suppose that’s the simplest way to put is. Yes or no. Either way, I suppose this ends the conversation.

I haven't argued either way yet; my opinion of his actions were that I wouldn't do it but more from the viewpoint that having somebody else's 'seconds' isn't my thing, some people are ok with it but I'm not going to judge them.
Having sex with somebody who is drunk? No problem as long as they still understand what they are doing and as the court belatedly accepted she did.
Going out and finding somebody just to have sex with? No I wouldn't do that but again no judgement against the many people who do this daily.
Consequently for this

They always defend him and then go ‘no I’m not saying it’s ok
I defended him (can't speak for others) because I didn't think he was guilty, his actions again I'm not going to be the person to set the moral line on that.

I haven't argued either way yet; my opinion of his actions were that I wouldn't do it but more from the viewpoint that having somebody else's 'seconds' isn't my thing, some people are ok with it but I'm not going to judge them.
Having sex with somebody who is drunk? No problem as long as they still understand what they are doing and as the court belatedly accepted she did.
Going out and finding somebody just to have sex with? No I wouldn't do that but again no judgement against the many people who do this daily.
Consequently for this

I defended him (can't speak for others) because I didn't think he was guilty, his actions again I'm not going to be the person to set the moral line on that.
Then if that is your closing argument we happen to be on the same point. If we’re arguing the legalities of it, I am more than happy to leave that to the court of law. We completely agree.

it still doesn’t sit well with me though the notion that we are not there to judge when I believe we are (as a society) to decide what we want to be deemed to be acceptable or not. Let’s remember we got into this discussion on the back of him being sacked by his current club due to further misconduct, thus cementing my opinion that he is a scumbag. Hence my first post. I think what he did makes him a scumbag, and I will never think anything other than that of him.

i think so many peoples’ views (I’m not accusing you of this) of this man are tainted because he scored a few goals for the club they support. If he was a ‘bloke down the pub’ you’d undoubtedly tell your female friends to avoid him on the basis of his actions. I said this at the time and stand by it, my view of him as a person is not affected whether he is guilty or not. My view of him as an individual is formed by my perception of his actions and if they are synonymous with a good individual, which I absolutely do not believe they are, nor would anyone.
You may say ‘I don’t judge him’ but do you really think describing him as a scumbag is unfair? With all the evidence presented? If you don’t, I think you have a much lower bar for a ‘scumbag’ than most do!

Incredible that we still talking about Ched Evans at the end of the space year 2020. He’s got about the same relevance as a Simonsen penalty miss (but performed, as if in some type of awful dream, by a heavily perspiring Prince Andrew)

What were the disciplinary actions that got him the sack this time?

Back
Top Bottom