Ched Evans [Confirmed]

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Foxy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Another youngish one linked with the Blades...

The Mirror said:
Sheffield United want to sign Manchester City's Ched Evans for £1million.

The Wales striker is worried about his future at Eastlands with City poised to bring in a string of new players.

Celtic are also interested, but only want the 20-year-old on loan, and Blades boss Kevin Blackwell hopes his cash offer will prove more attractive.

He's not Chad, he's not Fred, he's somewhere in between!

Think this is the sort of signing we really need. Wouldn't be suprised if the midfielder from the Prem is Browny if i'm honest

But He's only 20, This would show a distinct lack of ambition................... another "development player" :p

(Yes i am playing Devils Advocat)

Would be nice to get someone in who will do the business this season.

Not just someone who will do the business in 2012.

Didnt realise we were looking for players for the olympic squad!

No signing is guaranteed to do the business, in fact its probably safe to say the majority of January signings struggle to make an impact until the season after.

No signing is guaranteed to do the business, in fact its probably safe to say the majority of January signings struggle to make an impact until the season after.
True. Kilgallon is a good example!

But He's only 20, This would show a distinct lack of ambition................... another "development player"

(Yes i am playing Devils Advocat)

The difference being he has scored plenty of goals at this level already, I think he is just the type we should be going for.

Cardiff getting in on the act

LINK

Cardiff City chairman Peter Ridsdale has revealed the club's interest in Manchester City youngster Ched Evans.
SPL champions Celtic are believed to be keen to land the Wales international this transfer window.
However, Cardiff have emerged as potential suitors and could rival the Hoops for his signature.
Ridsdale told the Daily Express: "Ched is a player we're keen on and I know Celtic have an interest in him as well.
"We've offered Manchester City two options - a loan and a permanent deal.
"We're waiting to hear back on that one and it would be nice to get him here.
"Ched played against us last season for Norwich and scored twice so we've been aware of him for some time.
"He's a Welsh lad as well and we feel he could be an asset to us."
Evans, 20, has made 10 Premier League appearances for City this season, netting one goal.

I think he means we havemade our signing (jamie ward) thats how i saw his post anyway.. :S

BBC radio sheffield reporting we have lodged a 1.5 million bid this morning

BBC radio sheffield reporting we have lodged a 1.5 million bid this morning

Good news!

makes a refreshing change to see us being PROactive in the market for a change! (if most rumours are correct)

Sheffield United are closing in on Manchester City striker Ched Evans and Watford midfielder Lee Williamson, BBC Radio Sheffield understands.

It is believed the Blades have made a bid of £1.5m to lure Evans, 20, away from Eastlands after they tried to sign him in the January transfer window.

A deal to bring Williamson to Bramall Lane is also thought to be close.

The 27-year-old is expected to join for around £500,000 but the Blades will not confirm any details.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/sheff_utd/8097861.stm

Back
Top Bottom