Chatting with the players last night...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The Morgan one comes directly from old Nowt-Fancy himself. After playing for a draw at Mighty Yeovil he claimed we'd gone there to 'keep it tight and hope to nick one'.

Such creative genius. How can it be that every team he coaches gets relegated? One of the great mysteries of our time.

Bringimback.

Bringowdmuckanettlesupanatemnowtfancybacksowecanstopplayinproperfootballanstartoofinitagaincosthatsthewaywelikeitandeescalledmorgsandwelikethataswellins2.

That was in relation to a situation where we were playing a playoff 2nd leg defending a one goal lead though. It was Clough's signature move. I'm not defending Morgan's managerial ability by the way. Just saying that I think Clough is a much more relevant example for the point you were making.

Clarke’s a bit of an odd one. If you watch the celebrations when we won the title and on Sunday, he always seems to separate himself slightly from the group. He seems to always want personal space and be uncomfortable in the middle of the crowd. Seems like he’s socially awkward.

Yeah, I see that in him too. Makes him all the more likeable as far as I'm concerned (as an Asperger type myself).

Great that there's evidently a real mix of characters in there, all individuals in their own right but all of them fully committed to Wilder & to the communal cause.

Makes you think of some of the lower profile characters - Lafferty, Wright, O'Shea, even Carruthers. Wonder if they've been involved in the merriments?

1danewhitehouse Alfreton14Blade Someone posted elsewhere about big Leon liking to be the champagne sprayer in all of the team groups; I think that fits his personality type as well - Seems he'd rather spray the champagne than be in the middle of the mob jumping up and down for ten minutes, chanting "Championes"

Nowt wrong with introverts. He said quietly...

Yeah, I see that in him too. Makes him all the more likeable as far as I'm concerned (as an Asperger type myself).

Great that there's evidently a real mix of characters in there, all individuals in their own right but all of them fully committed to Wilder & to the communal cause.

Makes you think of some of the lower profile characters - Lafferty, Wright, O'Shea, even Carruthers. Wonder if they've been involved in the merriments?

Certainly Wright and Carruthers were out on Sunday. I don't think Carruthers is any kind of shrinking violet ;-)

Clarke’s a bit of an odd one. If you watch the celebrations when we won the title and on Sunday, he always seems to separate himself slightly from the group. He seems to always want personal space and be uncomfortable in the middle of the crowd. Seems like he’s socially awkward.
Very, you can tell from his interviews and his posture that he's shy. I wonder if that's partly why he's been so transient in his career? If some managers and players see his shyness as diffidence and aloofness.

Turbo not on the locos (Baby Deltic T9 engine did have them). Minesweeper 'Wellington Class' had them I think

Don't know owt about trains really, just remember them telling me they made the turbochargers for the 125's.

Very, you can tell from his interviews and his posture that he's shy. I wonder if that's partly why he's been so transient in his career? If some managers and players see his shyness as diffidence and aloofness.
I got in a taxi to Farm Rd social club for the coach to Port Vale, the taxi driver was saying that he'd picked Leon up from the station a few days earlier. He said he though Leon was full of himself, when I asked why he said that he'd not recognised him and Leon had said to him "you should recognise me, I played for Wednesday and play for United now." I was a bit skeptical because I don't think Wilder would recruit someone who was so full of themselves, but then I thought maybe Leon had meant it as a joke and being so shy and reserved the taxi driver had just misjudged the situation and took it the wrong way.

I got in a taxi to Farm Rd social club for the coach to Port Vale, the taxi driver was saying that he'd picked Leon up from the station a few days earlier. He said he though Leon was full of himself, when I asked why he said that he'd not recognised him and Leon had said to him "you should recognise me, I played for Wednesday and play for United now." I was a bit skeptical because I don't think Wilder would recruit someone who was so full of themselves, but then I thought maybe Leon had meant it as a joke and being so shy and reserved the taxi driver had just misjudged the situation and took it the wrong way.

Taxi drivers lead a lonely life. Make most of their stories up just to create a conversation. Huge pinch of salt required.

Danny Dyer in the Football Factory to the taxi driver 'will you shut your fucking noise'.

Bringowdmuckanettlesupanatemnowtfancybacksowecanstopplayinproperfootballanstartoofinitagaincosthatsthewaywelikeitandeescalledmorgsandwelikethataswellins2.

Fucking hell. Either the cats run across the keyboard or Pinchy's having a stroke.

Whenever I've met players or managers who I have really rated, it is as if my brains immediately run straight out of my ears. I still cringe at the memory of the moronic questions I asked Harry Bassett years ago at a PFA awards do, you could see his smile getting more fixed and his eyes flicking over my shoulder for someone to rescue him.

So, well done fella!
I once interviewed Paul Beesley for the Flashing Blade. Had a list of questions prepared but each time I read one to ask him I though "na, that's stupid" and ended up winging it. He probably thought I was a right muppet. :rolleyes:

The Morgan one comes directly from old Nowt-Fancy himself. After playing for a draw at Mighty Yeovil he claimed we'd gone there to 'keep it tight and hope to nick one'.

Such creative genius. How can it be that every team he coaches gets relegated? One of the great mysteries of our time.

Bringimback.

Shame to post stuff like that on a day of celebration, just enjoy it Pinchy, let it go.

He doesn't appear to have any issues with his current teammates or management team so maybe we're the ones to make him feel welcome and get the very best out of him. Not everyone is the life and soul so as long as he is productive for the team who cares if he's quiet and reserved?

He doesn't appear to have any issues with his current teammates or management team so maybe we're the ones to make him feel welcome and get the very best out of him. Not everyone is the life and soul so as long as he is productive for the team who cares if he's quiet and reserved?

Shy?

His hands are.

Bringimback.

Will you stop using that fucking font with no spaces! FFSyouaresupposedtobeanintelligentman. Ironically Pinchy you have the archetypical Bladey Blade in charge but the difference is that this BB has the right ability and credentials.

Will you stop using that fucking font with no spaces! FFSyouaresupposedtobeanintelligentman. Ironically Pinchy you have the archetypical Bladey Blade in charge but the difference is that this BB has the right ability and credentials.

And that's an absolutely fundamental difference mate. Tufty's Bladey credentials no doubt endear him, but they don't win points, matches and leagues. His rather special managerial, tactical and recruitment qualities do.

The fact is there are numpties out there who would recruit people because they are Blades, either not realising or not caring that said Blades could ruin the team. I have identified one that certainly would. I am just as entitled to point out that he is utterly useless as those who remind us of Adkins with somewhat monotonous regularity.

Saw Knily other week up our way in the boozer , thanked him & CW for giving us the pride back in our club , he's a top bloke down to earth & had as much time as you wanted to chew the fat about football . UTB

And that's an absolutely fundamental difference mate. Tufty's Bladey credentials no doubt endear him, but they don't win points, matches and leagues. His rather special managerial, tactical and recruitment qualities do.

The fact is there are numpties out there who would recruit people because they are Blades, either not realising or not caring that said Blades could ruin the team. I have identified one that certainly would. I am just as entitled to point out that he is utterly useless as those who remind us of Adkins with somewhat monotonous regularity.

Point understood and taken. Juststopusingthefuckingfontwithnospacesitsdoingmyheadin.

Funny you should say that, my initial thoughts on watching him during the various celebrations coupled with his struggles to settle at a club were that he might be on the spectrum.

My friends and me were incredibly lucky to accidentally gatecrash a VIP area that the team were in last night on Eccy Rd (beyond giddy!!!!). Wow, what a great set of lads we have...even though we were clearly in there by accident (I'd even got my scarf on ), they all were happy to pose for pics and chat away to us for ages. Freeman, absolute top bloke!! All so down to earth and all loving playing for our great club and worshipping Wilder. They all said what an amazing dressing room it is, even the bit part players like Scougs and Done etc. A fantastic day topped off by an amazing night!!!! Still on a right high!! Also some amusing comments about last season and what a knob Adkins was. Faultless on and off the pitch this season. UTB COYRAWW!!! Roll on next season. One very happy Blade

I don't suppose you know where tonight's VIP party with free bar is?

Feel free to PM me and I'll try and accidentally gatecrash it

Back
Top Bottom