Gone Elsewhere Charlie Austin

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Wardy1889

Reaction score
Just seen on sky bet we’re favourites to sign him? Anything in it?

Would be a good big man option for us, has PL experience as well as coming up through the ranks like a lot of our current group and has done well before Southampton. I'd definitely take him so long as it's not on a huge fee, 4-6m?

Would be a good big man option for us, has PL experience as well as coming up through the ranks like a lot of our current group and has done well before Southampton. I'd definitely take him so long as it's not on a huge fee, 4-6m?
He’s on a free I believe - though I may have read it wrong and he’s just ‘free to leave’.

He’s on a free I believe - though I may have read it wrong and he’s just ‘free to leave’.
Think it maybe the latter, having had a look it appears as though he has 1 year left on his contract, can't imagine they'd throw potential income away

Looking at the 5 clubs listed. We do have money to spend and can offer premier league football, Villa have problems if they don't go up (FFP) QPR well there is no logic to their spending structure, Brighton don't know who their manager will be..... wait for it pigs have too many strikers and not a pot to piss in. Hopefully if Wilder wants him we should be well placed in that list

Also seen a few headlines saying he’s surplus to requirements and not part of the managers plans?

Seems like a plausible one. Wouldn’t be totally against it. We don’t have a striker like that so he would bring something different. With a bit of good service he can score a few goals. Works hard and gives a shit as well. Why not.

if wilder can turn leon into a top quality champ player for a year and a half just imagine what he could do with austin

The last southampton manager just completely alienated him and had him third choice (the French guy that went to Leicester).

He's just not had a sniff since.

Tbh, i would be well happy if we signed Austin, Stephens, and Forster!

Three decent players and would be gettable and in our price/wage structure for next season you would think.

McGoldrick's never had the injury problems that Austin has over the last 2 or 3 years.

Would rather avoid.

I thought the same but was surprised to see he has made 24 and 20 Premier League appearances respectively in the last 2 seasons.

15 goals in 65 games. Not horrific, but hardly prolific.

I would take him as a rotation option £3m-£4m.

He`ll be 30 in July, had injury problems which have taken the edge off his game. Possible squad addition but wouldn`t pay much of a fee for him. Could see a decent Championship club after him.

Sky bet have us at 7/1 to sign him

Sky bet have us at 7/1 to sign him

We was 3/1 not long back cant see it now to be honest

Back
Top Bottom