Charles Green? Who is he?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Have Benfica paid for Deane yet? I seem to remember some issues re payment even though they sold him soon after for a lot more than they got him for.

Saw Green in todays BBC news. first time I have seen him for so many years. His hair has gone all grey. What has happened to his "spiv" tache?

Vas Borbokis is my 3rd favourite ever SUFC player. A better right foot, I've never witnessed at BDTBL.
And his first goal, with the left foot, on his debut v Sunderland, was brilliant. A great day, Deano`s return from Leeds.
Sadly, the season would end v Sunderland, in a playoff semi defeat, away.
Charles Green
He sells the team
Charles Green
He sells the team
etc .

Just seen on the BBC that Charles Green is fronting a bid for Rangers

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18039281

He was at the club before my time. Who is he and what was United like at the time? Was it the time of S. Bruce?
I wrote to him in Feb 1998, asking him to resign. He replied that he will never, ever, resign, and "sadly I cannot tell you some of the events that happen behind the scenes at a football club."

Ayup BH, you going up on Satdi?

Rangers' last 2 owners are called Green & Whyte. Lolz.

Apparently going to be charged reference his conduct whilst working at rangers fc. Always seemed to be an interesting character

I know it's like saying Hitler was a decent painter, but we wouldn't have had Borbokis or Dellas but for Charlie. He scouted and signed them. Spackman (a useless manager, hugely overrated) had never heard of either, let alone seen them play, until they arrived at The Lane. He continued to be Charles Green's puppet until he left us in the lurch immediately before a huge cup-tie and never lasted a full season at any club he managed.

C green was also responsible for Marcelo, and apparently used to pick the team as Nigel was so indecisive.

C green was also responsible for Marcelo, and apparently used to pick the team as Nigel was so indecisive.
Willie Donachie did everything didn't he? When he left the shit hit the fan for Spackers.

My memories of that season are that until Donachie left and Mr Green had his vindictive fire sale we were looking good for promotion and if we had kept Deane and Fjortoft would probably had enough to beat Newcastle in the semi.

My memories of that season are that until Donachie left and Mr Green had his vindictive fire sale we were looking good for promotion and if we had kept Deane and Fjortoft would probably had enough to beat Newcastle in the semi.
Were we in the top two?

Deane left as he had been kicked from pillar to post in a night match and had a clause in his contract which enabled him to talk to anyone who offered over £1 million.
Fyortoft left as Spackman told him that he was not in his plans, whilst he scored goals Spackman thought that he contributed little else and the team were better without him. His agent was told to find him a club and he was allowed to leave if they were prepared to pay a certain amount (£700k). Unfortunately they both went through on the same day.
McDonald had Hamilton Ricard lined up as a replacement but after his wife was spat on in the car park he pulled the plug and then decided to leave sufc.

According to the news he's now been 'detained' by the poliss.

According to the news he's now been 'detained' by the poliss.

Spaceman? Surely not? He's the most ludicrously over-rated puppet-manager in our history but that's a football, not a criminal, offence.

Every bit of success we had and might have had that season was, ironically, down to the very people who brought it all tumbling down - Mike McDonald and Charlie Green.

I know it's like saying Hitler was a decent painter, but we wouldn't have had Borbokis or Dellas but for Charlie. He scouted and signed them. Spackman (a useless manager, hugely overrated) had never heard of either, let alone seen them play, until they arrived at The Lane. He continued to be Charles Green's puppet until he left us in the lurch immediately before a huge cup-tie and never lasted a full season at any club he managed.

I think the rumour was that Donachie was the driving force behind Spackmans success. Not sure where Donachie ended up following working with him.

I think the rumour was that Donachie was the driving force behind Spackmans success. Not sure where Donachie ended up following working with him.
Donachie left us to join Man City when Joe Royle became their new manager

Back
Top Bottom