Chance to go 2nd

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I've got a Villa mate who went to their 2-2 draw with QPR & he tells me he's never seen a team waste time, fake injury, hurl themselves to the ground and faff about wasting time as much as QPR did. So be prepared for a very frustrating afternoon if we don't get an early lead!

every time we have a chance to "go top" or "move into the autos" we bugger it up.
Lets keep the powder dry on this , see if it happens …..

Nature of the league, anyone can beat anyone. We’re bang in form in the league and I think Dowell and Madine add something different to the mix.

Nature of the league, anyone can beat anyone. We’re bang in form in the league and I think Dowell and Madine add something different to the mix.
giphy.gif

Feels like it's a big game now given where we are in table and their recent good form. Could be a interesting atmosphere if Thumper is on the bench. The players will be hoping for the same backing from us as in the last league game as they commented after how if makes a difference to how they play.

UTB

Not expecting anything more than a draw tbh. Almost everytime there is a break of some sort we seem to be lethargic and off the pace for the fist match back. I hope I'm wrong and after the cup performance although it wasn't the first X1 that CW has them raring to go UTB

We'll either win or lose on Saturday

Whenever we've won three or four in a row in the Championship under Wilder we have always lost the next match.

So if we beat QPR we'll definitely lose at Swansea.

Hope this helps.

Not expecting anything more than a draw tbh. Almost everytime there is a break of some sort we seem to be lethargic and off the pace for the fist match back. I hope I'm wrong and after the cup performance although it wasn't the first X1 that CW has them raring to go UTB

I fear you could be right but the sequence has to end at some point.

Hoping the two new lads get a kick, assuming that Punchy will come on as sub

every time we have a chance to "go top" or "move into the autos" we bugger it up.
Lets keep the powder dry on this , see if it happens …..
Yeah I’m actually wanting a Leeds and Norwich Win. That is on the assumption we win.

Would rather the teams below dropped points at this stage

Yeah I’m actually wanting a Leeds and Norwich Win. That is on the assumption we win.

Why? Leeds, Derby, West Brom and Norwich are all battling for th top two along with us. I'd be more happy if both games ended in draws.

I fear you could be right but the sequence has to end at some point.

Hoping the two new lads get a kick, assuming that Punchy will come on as sub

With Eze, Freeman and Wells they’ve got some firepower. Not sure what they are like at the back, but not far off a playoff outfit looks at their first XI.

Agreed, this could be our one opportunity to get to the Premiership.

Wilders got us playing fantastic football and it’s worth the entrance fee, let’s get down in our numbers and create that intimidating atmosphere that opposition players and managers regularly describe.

20 games left and they’re all more than winnable.

I can see the logic, but...we're currently 8 points clear of 7th, and only 2/4 points behind 2nd/1st in the league, with almost half the season left. IF we beat QPR, surely we should want those above us to drop points. I'm not getting carried away, and I admit it's a big ask, but top 2 is still achievable. If we win then the team in 7th cannot get any closer to us, and we could go into the top 2.

Why? Leeds, Derby, West Brom and Norwich are all battling for th top two along with us. I'd be more happy if both games ended in draws.
Well I can’t disagree with that or what ForgeBlade replied. I just think a bit of breathing space would be good. Historically we also seem better during the chase

Leeds play Derby on Friday and West Brom play Norwich. If we get past QPR, which will a challenge as they look strong, we could get into the automatic places.

Need another atmosphere like the Derby and Blackburn.

Bring it on! UTB

There's always one who wants to wake the footballing Gods! Sshhh! :confused:

Leeds play Derby on Friday and West Brom play Norwich. If we get past QPR, which will a challenge as they look strong, we could get into the automatic places.

Need another atmosphere like the Derby and Blackburn.

Bring it on! UTB
A lot will depend on the Ref then,cos they got me spittin feathers riled in both games.

And we have Andy Woolmer for this game,last did Ipswich away for us and did Rotherham away for them.

Very good chance both will drop points this weekend, hopefully WBA v Norwich is a draw.

Leeds then go away to Stoke which new manager’s 1st home game so they should be well up for it.

Norwich play Birmingham who lose very few games. Can see that one being a draw.

One game at a time and all that but if we can take maximum points from QPR & Swansea we could be top going into the Norwich game.

I’d quite like a draw between Derby and Leeds on Friday and a loss for Norwich and a win for us. Puts us well in contention with WBA right behind us.

I’d also like Elizabeth Hurley to sit on my face.

Dunno about the results, but I can help with the second request.

I've got a Villa mate who went to their 2-2 draw with QPR & he tells me he's never seen a team waste time, fake injury, hurl themselves to the ground and faff about wasting time as much as QPR did. So be prepared for a very frustrating afternoon if we don't get an early lead!
Never saw Norwich last season then I take it

Such a great festive season for us. I don't think there is any team home or away that we couldn't get a result against on our day. Momentum/ confidence is key and if we can get an early goal to lay Barnet to rest I think our run could extend for a few more games putting us right in it for autos. COYRAWW.

The only time i'm bothered about being 2nd is on the final whistle at Stoke City in May.

With Eze, Freeman and Wells they’ve got some firepower. Not sure what they are like at the back, but not far off a playoff outfit looks at their first XI.

One of the form teams along with Hull, and us of course. Will be a toughy, but we should be used to that by now.

I'd love to emerge from the weekend in the top two and that United don't disappoint for once. Madine, if he plays, needs to create a good impression.

Back
Top Bottom