Chance to go 2nd

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Rob86

Reaction score
Why? Leeds, Derby, West Brom and Norwich are all battling for th top two along with us. I'd be more happy if both games ended in draws.
Well I can’t disagree with that or what ForgeBlade replied. I just think a bit of breathing space would be good. Historically we also seem better during the chase

Snowman

Reaction score
Leeds play Derby on Friday and West Brom play Norwich. If we get past QPR, which will a challenge as they look strong, we could get into the automatic places.

Need another atmosphere like the Derby and Blackburn.

Bring it on! UTB
There's always one who wants to wake the footballing Gods! Sshhh! :confused:

ChipButtyBlade

Reaction score
Leeds play Derby on Friday and West Brom play Norwich. If we get past QPR, which will a challenge as they look strong, we could get into the automatic places.

Bring it on! UTB
A lot will depend on the Ref then,cos they got me spittin feathers riled in both games.

And we have Andy Woolmer for this game,last did Ipswich away for us and did Rotherham away for them.

knockoffnigel

Reaction score
Very good chance both will drop points this weekend, hopefully WBA v Norwich is a draw.

Leeds then go away to Stoke which new manager’s 1st home game so they should be well up for it.

Norwich play Birmingham who lose very few games. Can see that one being a draw.

One game at a time and all that but if we can take maximum points from QPR & Swansea we could be top going into the Norwich game.

Scooter_mcgavin

Reaction score
I’d quite like a draw between Derby and Leeds on Friday and a loss for Norwich and a win for us. Puts us well in contention with WBA right behind us.

I’d also like Elizabeth Hurley to sit on my face.
Dunno about the results, but I can help with the second request.

rosy red

Reaction score
I've got a Villa mate who went to their 2-2 draw with QPR & he tells me he's never seen a team waste time, fake injury, hurl themselves to the ground and faff about wasting time as much as QPR did. So be prepared for a very frustrating afternoon if we don't get an early lead!
Never saw Norwich last season then I take it

lakedistblade

Reaction score
Such a great festive season for us. I don't think there is any team home or away that we couldn't get a result against on our day. Momentum/ confidence is key and if we can get an early goal to lay Barnet to rest I think our run could extend for a few more games putting us right in it for autos. COYRAWW.

Bruce Wayne

Reaction score
The only time i'm bothered about being 2nd is on the final whistle at Stoke City in May.

cahill

Reaction score
With Eze, Freeman and Wells they’ve got some firepower. Not sure what they are like at the back, but not far off a playoff outfit looks at their first XI.
One of the form teams along with Hull, and us of course. Will be a toughy, but we should be used to that by now.

I'd love to emerge from the weekend in the top two and that United don't disappoint for once. Madine, if he plays, needs to create a good impression.

Reaction score
Is this the Liz Hurley thread or possible results going our way thread?
On the Liz side, I was fortunate enough to sit along side her once in a restaurant, The Village Pub, Barnsley. That's Barnsley in Gloucestershire, not pig territory. Look it up on Google maps. She didn't offer to sit on my face though, but only because I was sat opposite the missus. Cłass bird. The missus that is.

On the footie front, anyone who saw blades v QPR in London know they are dangerous on attack, but vulnerable in defence, and in easily lose confidence. Put in a cauldron atmosphere, and Blades on form, easy 3. Otherwise who knows?
Leeds, Norwich, WBA, why worry, they are all fallible like us. No one running away this year, No team has an average of 2 points per game. Usually a minimum target for automatic promotion.
I do feel we have to get automatic to get promoted. Our record against top 6 is abysmal, as is our cup record, both required for play off success.
Well, I'll shut the fuck up now and sit back, enjoy the continued success after years of heartache. In Wilder and Knill I trust, they have brought me more pleasure in the last two years since that day in Darlington.

Ricky

-
Reaction score
Plenty of talk about Washington from the QPR fans there. But unfortunately for him this will probably be the first time he drops out of the squad.

Wilder will never leave Clarke or Madine out.

Northyorksblade

Reaction score

Bring it on! UTB
We nearly always cock it up when we are in this position and particularly when we haven't played. Well most of them didn't play.
Edit That'll teach be to go out for a few hours. Been beaten to it several times.

Dkc

Reaction score
Plenty of talk about Washington from the QPR fans there. But unfortunately for him this will probably be the first time he drops out of the squad.

Wilder will never leave Clarke or Madine out.
Presuming there's a place on the bench for Punchy, I'd prefer he dropped Clarke

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Top Bottom