Championship style lost

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Need4speed

Reaction score
Over the last two weeks I have watched a few. Championship games including the Forest game last night. This game was not untypical to others I have seen, except more extreme The pace of the game, not the players, is much higher and this leads to more mistakes and a quicker and more frequent turnover of possession In some respects it is like with think of basketball The difference between the top and bottom teams is where the ball is turned over. The top teams win it back higher up the field and therefore more often create goal scoring opportunities The worse teams lose it frequently in their own half or resort to long balls and breaks That doesn’t mean they too don’t have chances. When we were in the championship we were good at winning the ball back higher up the pitch and then building wide overloads. We carried this through to the Premiership last season but we seem to have lost that this season. I think it will now be very hard to stay up Last season teams started to set up not to get beaten by us Now they set up to beat us and expect to beats us. We still give the ball away like Championship clubs but in the Premiership you just don’t get it back as much. Championship football is different - probably more even and enjoyable in that you can see in any game both teams will have chances and whilst there are favourites in any one game, in any one game it is possible for either team to win. Don’t get me wrong I don’t want to go down but hey I would rather be where we are now than where we were 5 years ago. We need to rebuild the midfield and can’t do that effectively in our current position

I can't wait until next season when every team comes and parks the bus and we haven't got a clue what to do with the ball because we'll have had an average 20% possession for the whole of this season. We'll probably just give it them back until we can work out what to do.

I can't wait until next season when every team comes and parks the bus and we haven't got a clue what to do with the ball because we'll have had an average 20% possession for the whole of this season. We'll probably just give it them back until we can work out what to do.

That's what we did for 45mins on Sunday

well its not looking like wednesday will be parking the bus at the lane their 100% certain their gonna be relegated on porktalk 🐷

well its not looking like wednesday will be parking the bus at the lane their 100% certain their gonna be relegated on porktalk 🐷
I’d wager that our championship status will be secured long before there’s is!

Back
Top Bottom