Championship Players

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Although his price tag may be out of this transfer window's reach, Brentford's Benrahma possesses that bit of guile that we're short of. He's quick thinking, can see angles that others neglect, and with the right forwards he's able to thread a pass no matter how tight it may seem.

These are the type of signings we should be looking for his value will only go up.

Etheridge @ Cardiff wasn’t he there player of this season when they came down ?
Karlan grant @ Udders
Jack Marriott as 5th choice striker

Or someone left field like ademola lookman at RB Leipzig

Ideally yes, but as Wilder has said several times, the next round of transfers won't contain any record breaking transfers. So unless a rabbit is pulled out of a hat, CW has said we'll mainly be considering free transfers.

Wilder said similar things last season yet we broke our transfer record countless times.

If we only sign mainly free transfers that will be ridiculous given we will have got in far more league position revenue in than we could have imagined.

And who would have imagined a global pandemic costing the club £30m?

That could well have a direct knock in effect on the budget. Add to the fact we will continue to lose huge revenue as fans are kept away.

There will be bonus’s to pay, and quite possibly the need to get more players than we hoped given Mousset’s antics.
So no, I don’t see us bearing the transfer record again!
At least until 2022 season should we avoid the drop next season.

Youd have an aging player whos been woeful for 3 years at least over a 22 year old whos improving, and fits our style of play. If you want to talk about dogshit Naughton is your guy. Christ almighty

Every club has a head of recruitment and every single one of those 'Pros' gets it wrong aswell as right., just because somebody who works in a clubs performance analysis department doesn't fancy him doesn't mean others opinions are null and void. I'm also aware of differing opinions on a player between 2 analysts at the same club, they had the same data yet formed different opinions based on their eyes.

Data helps form an opinion but the most important part of scouting is using your eyes. Most of us are blessed with that trait so whilst it might be nice to get insight based on analytics it doesnt guarantee you sod all, those of us who watch a lot of football are no less qualified to have our own opinion an shock horror often were right too.

P.S If he was that dogshit you would think the pros that are head of recruitment at Wet Spam, Everton & AC Milan respectively wouldn't have been showing any reported interest in the past 7 months or so.
Naughton has been woeful for 3 years? Really? A blade who’s got a couple of years left, who’s played most his life at this level? So you would take roundabouts £10m out of our pot, for Cash, for a position that isn’t a problem, to buy cover? Wow! Let muppets like West Ham splash that, it’s what’s got them in shit street in the 1st place. That’s akin to me buying a big f#ck off new telly out of my budget, despite the Mrs telling me we have a leaky roof! Certified madness. If you can’t see our weak link is up front, and thats where we need to concentrate our budget first, then keeper, if we can’t get Henderson back, then that’s your problem. As for the snidely remark about using your own eyes and asking a professional head of recruitment, what he and his professional analytics department say about a certain player I’ve asked about because I think he’s decent in the first place? Words fail me.

Youd have an aging player whos been woeful for 3 years at least over a 22 year old whos improving, and fits our style of play. If you want to talk about dogshit Naughton is your guy. Christ almighty

Every club has a head of recruitment and every single one of those 'Pros' gets it wrong aswell as right., just because somebody who works in a clubs performance analysis department doesn't fancy him doesn't mean others opinions are null and void. I'm also aware of differing opinions on a player between 2 analysts at the same club, they had the same data yet formed different opinions based on their eyes.

Data helps form an opinion but the most important part of scouting is using your eyes. Most of us are blessed with that trait so whilst it might be nice to get insight based on analytics it doesnt guarantee you sod all, those of us who watch a lot of football are no less qualified to have our own opinion an shock horror often were right too.

P.S If he was that dogshit you would think the pros that are head of recruitment at Wet Spam, Everton & AC Milan respectively wouldn't have been showing any reported interest in the past 7 months or so.
Re Naughton, just got off the phone to someone I know on the staff at Swansea. Naughton has been excellent this season. His only blemish is getting sent off and missing the play offs. Might be an idea to do a bit more research before letting the wind blow your tongue?

So from teams that didn't get promoted (or aren't in playoff positions), I propose the following as potential options, most of them as backup:

• Matty Cash (Forest) - WBR - 22 - Decent backup to George. Definitely needs to improve defensively but as of March 2020 had won the most tackles in the league
  • Joe Worrall (Forest) - CB - 23 - Decent on both feet and strong in the air. Not great going forward so likely Egan backup, but tall and development left in him
  • Karlan Grant (Huddersfield) - ST - 22 - Pacey, decent amount of goals last season and assume decent amount of development left in him. Not convinced he'd do a job immediately for us but would get game time in the same manner Mousse and Z have (off the bench, stretch the game). Has a really high minutes to goal ratio (2nd in the League)
  • Eberechi Eze (QPR) - AMC - 22 - I thought he was a bit overrated until post lockdown. Loved his goal against WBA last night. Would fancy him being a McGoldrick replacement with link up play and ability to score goals
  • John Swift (Reading) - MC - 25 - 10 assists and 6 goals in an average team. Good with both feet and seems technically sound. Obviously we're linked with him and suggest he'll come cheap. Also plays a really high number of accurate long balls. Based on stats, pre lockdown, he was a standout midfielder alongside Phillips and Eze according to this article
  • Daniel Johnson (Preston) - AMC/MC - 27 - Wildcard. Involved in 20 goals this season (scored 12 and made 8). Physically an all rounder and can spot a decent pass. Technically I think he's sound and not sure he would cost the earth. Left footed too.
  • Izzy Brown (Luton/Chelsea) - AMC - 23 - Can't see how he is going to fit into Chelsea any time soon and did a good job in a poor team (7 assists). Again, not necessarily an immediate impact but a potential number 10 for us. Can use both feet.
  • Conor Gallagher (Swansea/Chelsea) - MC - 20 - This boy is seriously good - puts a tackle in, works hard and gets forward from midfield. Would Lamps let him go...probs not but serious box-to-box talent. Would be a great engine to have. 11 assists and 6 goals this season and good with both feet.
  • Kristian Pederson (Birmingham) - WBL - 25 - 4 goals and 2 assists, not mightily impressive but I do think he can put an alright ball in to the box. Tall and strong, has a throw on him and is a good defensive option (decent interception count and huge amount of tackles). Not sure he'd be great going forward.

There's a huge chunk of those who would be more backup/competition for places than regular starters but would have the ability to come in to the squad to cover injury. Also, they all represent youthful targets who will improve and would likely go for a profit were we to sell them.

Izzy Brown seems to have some injury issues. According to transfer markt, he’s been out for 440 days since August 2017, including nearly 3 months of this season.

I’d be very happy with Matty Cash.

Reckon Mitrovic would want too much money. He’s apparently on £60k p/w at Fulham 😳

What about Han-Noah Massengo at Bristol? Was quite the coup when they bagged him from Monaco.

Not technically a championship player, but I'd like us to get Rhian Brewster on loan.

Leicester's bench other day, how many would get in our 11? Squad is unreal for that league.

• 2 Justin
  • 11 Albrighton
  • 14 Iheanacho
  • 15 Souttar
  • 17 Choudhury
  • 20 Daka
  • 26 Praet
  • 27 Castagne

Leicester's bench other day, how many would get in our 11? Squad is unreal for that league.

• 2 Justin
  • 11 Albrighton
  • 14 Iheanacho
  • 15 Souttar
  • 17 Choudhury
  • 20 Daka
  • 26 Praet
  • 27 Castagne
I doubt some of them will be there come September 1st, mate of mines a Leicester fan and he's been talking about how the likes of Castagne and Daka are attracting interest from Europe so I'd be surprised if they didn't leave in this window.

• 2 Justin
  • 11 Albrighton
  • 14 Iheanacho
  • 15 Souttar
  • 17 Choudhury
  • 20 Daka
  • 26 Praet
  • 27 Castagne
Is that the club that started the craze of spending beyond your means, not paying small local businesses, going bust then restarting under different owners spending your way to promotion? Or was it someone else?

Back
Top Bottom