Championship Players

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

robbiez666

Reaction score
Outside of the 3 promoted teams and the teams going down with the proverbial parachute, I don't think there's been a better time to try and price their best players away.

John Swift at Reading looks likely
Jed Wallace at Millwall would be a good signing imo
Eze at QPR

Who else?

Lenihan at Blackburn
Eze at QPR
Woodman at Swansea (if we cant get Hendo or Cacir)
Matt Cash @ Forest
Watkins, Benrahma @ Brentford (got i can just see Les & Banana back here again sigh)

Not been any I have seen recently other than a few at Leeds that would interest me and our need to improve the quality at the club.

Eze maybe, but save the first time I have seen him play start of last season I haven’t seen him be that special in games I have seen since. Granted maybe only 3/4 times but if I could I always watched QPR when they were live just to see what he could do.

my Biggest issue with Eze was that he seemed to not really be putting it in or busting a gut, more strolling about and doing the minimum. No doubt talented, but as we are finding out with Mousset that’s not always enough.

Not been any I have seen recently other than a few at Leeds that would interest me and our need to improve the quality at the club.

Eze maybe, but save the first time I have seen him play start of last season I haven’t seen him be that special in games I have seen since. Granted maybe only 3/4 times but if I could I always watched QPR when they were live just to see what he could do.

my Biggest issue with Eze was that he seemed to not really be putting it in or busting a gut, more strolling about and doing the minimum. No doubt talented, but as we are finding out with Mousset that’s not always enough.

yep of the ones ive posted most woudl be to strenghten the squad but they are positions we need strenghtening.

I do think Cash could reasonably battle Baldock for the RWB position though, it wouldnt be beyond the reals of possibility he could force his way into the team and his age profile is right up our alley.

Jags will be gone, Retsos is gone, so Lenihan would be solid cover for centre half

Woodman is a capable keeper clearly id rather we got Hendo or one of our other targets but hes been my pick of keepers in the Championship thisyYear and would be a solid premier league keeper, nothing more but sounds like we dont have a lot of cash so in the pool were likely to be fishing in may well be the best option for us.

Eze could hopefully learn the Didzy role but its a risk, hes certainly a talented lad though and will step up to the permier league with some club.

Watkins or Benrahma would for me improve our attacking options no doubt the only cast iron ones on the list I would say improve the 11, but we know with Brentford they wouldnt come cheap (assuming they dont go up) so probably out of our range anyway.

Yes, you can forget Brentford players. Regardless of them going up I think we will be struggling to pay the fees they will demand or wait the time they drag the sales on for.
I’m hoping we can dip our toe into the foreign market, I honestly think we have exhausted the English league for now but the lower tiers in Germany, Italy, France and Spain must surely have a few talents that are young and there to take on.

Were rumoured to be interested in the young Wigan forward kyle jospeh aswell ive not seen him though so didnt add him to my list. Hes only 18 so think hes be one for a buy and loan bak to the championship, likewise if we got an Adam Idah in.

Dont think we have the money this year to make those thought.

Id love us to go buy

Idah, Wolfenden & maybe this Joseph lad aswell loan em back to the championship and see what we have there for the 21/22 season but it aint gonna happen.

Cash is a good shout for rwb, he could play Rcm for us as well, he's got the engine and our right and left centre mids tend to spend most of their time as wide midfielders in possession anyway basically a right footed Osborn.

Cash is a good shout for rwb, he could play Rcm for us as well, he's got the engine and our right and left centre mids tend to spend most of their time as wide midfielders in possession anyway basically a right footed Osborn.
Brilliant going forward, as you’d expect from a winger, but can’t defend for dog meat.

That's fine, we need to be better going forward, it's easier to train a creative player to defend than it is to train a defensive player to be creative.
Best defence after Liverpool and you want to weaken it by putting a winger in, in place of gorgeous George? No mate. Keep the back door locked tight at all times.

Brilliant going forward, as you’d expect from a winger, but can’t defend for dog meat.

Debatable. As of March 2020, he'd made the most tackles (source). Maybe you could argue his positioning his poopy and he has to make up for it with tackles but he'd also have the cover from Bash.

Each to their own. He’s their weak link who the opposition target due to them knowing he’s played all his life on the right wing.

Best defence after Liverpool and you want to weaken it by putting a winger in, in place of gorgeous George? No mate. Keep the back door locked tight at all times.
He's not a winger though is he, before this season yes, but this season he's played RB in a back 4 and is on course to win their poty and have his best season as a professional. Seems to have found his best position. Plus in our formation he would have the Rcb covering him. I'm not advocating he comes straight in for Baldock, but right now if Baldock is injured/suspended/not performing, we have no other option so it's an area we need to invest in.

He's not a winger though is he, before this season yes, but this season he's played RB in a back 4 and is on course to win their poty and have his best season as a professional. Seems to have found his best position. Plus in our formation he would have the Rcb covering him. I'm not advocating he comes straight in for Baldock, but right now if Baldock is injured/suspended/not performing, we have no other option so it's an area we need to invest in.
So he’s had one season at full back? That makes everything ok then!

If the rumoured £3.5m for Swift is true then there may be absolute value to be had this summer in The Championship and will probably be our go to place.

I'd far rather we signing 4 or 5 that way with maybe 2 proving up the required standard than taking failed Prem players on stupid wages.

Karlan Grant's a good shout and as Huddersfield have a new manager/need to cut their wages, maybe possible.

Any Forest players worth a sniff?

Each to their own. He’s their weak link who the opposition target due to them knowing he’s played all his life on the right wing.

Hes 22 you make it sound like hes a 33 year old veteran. All his life on the right wing as you describe it equates to about 80 games. Hes just had his best season as a pro and is improving at a rate of knots. Hes already excellent going forward and whilst he certainly has room to grow his defensive game hes not dog shit like you describe him.

P.S Berge has played all his life in the DCM role but hey would you look at that hes a dozen odd games in and hes already picked up the RCM role quite well.

A year learning behind Baldock and with our coaches and he has the potential to be an absolute steal and our future RWB for quite some time.

Pros

age, excellent creative player, improving, wages in our bracket, transfer fee wouldnt be excessive, we need RWB cover

But go on then given our mooted lack of a big transfer pot for this off season who would you bring in as cover for Baldock ? Very interested to hear, given you love to shout down others suggestions

Hes 22 you make it sound like hes a 33 year old veteran. All his life on the right wing as you describe it equates to about 80 games. Hes just had his best season as a pro and is improving at a rate of knots. Hes already excellent going forward and whilst he certainly has room to grow his defensive game hes not dog shit like you describe him.

P.S Berge has played all his life in the DCM role but hey would you look at that hes a dozen odd games in and hes already picked up the RCM role quite well.

A year learning behind Baldock and with our coaches and he has the potential to be an absolute steal and our future RWB for quite some time.

Pros

age, excellent creative player, improving, wages in our bracket, transfer fee wouldnt be excessive, we need RWB cover

But go on then given our mooted lack of a big transfer pot for this off season who would you bring in as cover for Baldock ? Very interested to hear, given you love to shout down others suggestions
For one Berge has been like a rabbit caught in the headlights. He’s in Norwood‘s spot or not at all for me. When I see a player I like I get in touch with my mate. I like Cash, so I ask my mate, who’s head of recruitment for a big club, they won’t move for him because according to they’re analytics, he’s flakey and can’t defend to save his life.

For one Berge has been like a rabbit caught in the headlights. He’s in Norwood‘s spot or not at all for me. When I see a player I like I get in touch with my mate. I like Cash, so I ask my mate, who’s head of recruitment for a big club, they won’t move for him because according to they’re analytics, he’s flakey and can’t defend to save his life.

So basically you have no opinion yourself you need to ask your mate. Probably no point in posting so maybe get your mate to join and maybe he can give a decent answer based on his analytics so.

Nice sidestep by the way who would you or your mate suggest as RWB cover for Baldock given our wage structure and mooted small transfer pot this summer, really looking forward to this answer.

So basically you have no opinion yourself you need to ask your mate. Probably no point in posting so maybe get your mate to join and maybe he can give a decent answer based on his analytics so.

Nice sidestep by the way who would you or your mate suggest as RWB cover for Baldock given our wage structure and mooted small transfer pot this summer, really looking forward to this answer.
Can you not read? I like Cash, all he did was confirm my initial thoughts. Can’t defend for dog shit. Don’t know if he’s played tonight but 3 goals came from his side if he did. I’d bring back naughton for a couple of years on a free. Fancy having a mate as head of recruitment at a big club, with a massive analytics dept and not asking him about certain players, because I think I know better than a pro 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Can you not read? I like Cash, all he did was confirm my initial thoughts. Can’t defend for dog shit. Don’t know if he’s played tonight but 3 goals came from his side if he did. I’d bring back naughton for a couple of years on a free. Fancy having a mate as head of recruitment at a big club, with a massive analytics dept and not asking him about certain players, because I think I know better than a pro 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Naughton was offered the chance to come back last summer, he knew he would be backup and that CW doesn't rotate much, especially defenders so he turned it down, wasn't a big fee or wages either. Forest rejected £12m from West ham in January, whether or not they will now need the money and if covid will play a part in his value I don't know. A wing backs main job is attacking first defending second. I don't know if we are interested but if we were I would be 80-90% confident that he would be a great signing for primarily rwb competition and Rcm cover if needed. To your point about forest goals conceded tonight, the only 1 he could have potentially done better is the 3rd where he's possibly overcovering a little bit, but none were his fault at all.

Last edited:
Youd have an aging player whos been woeful for 3 years at least over a 22 year old whos improving, and fits our style of play. If you want to talk about dogshit Naughton is your guy. Christ almighty

Every club has a head of recruitment and every single one of those 'Pros' gets it wrong aswell as right., just because somebody who works in a clubs performance analysis department doesn't fancy him doesn't mean others opinions are null and void. I'm also aware of differing opinions on a player between 2 analysts at the same club, they had the same data yet formed different opinions based on their eyes.

Data helps form an opinion but the most important part of scouting is using your eyes. Most of us are blessed with that trait so whilst it might be nice to get insight based on analytics it doesnt guarantee you sod all, those of us who watch a lot of football are no less qualified to have our own opinion an shock horror often were right too.

P.S If he was that dogshit you would think the pros that are head of recruitment at Wet Spam, Everton & AC Milan respectively wouldn't have been showing any reported interest in the past 7 months or so.

Although his price tag may be out of this transfer window's reach, Brentford's Benrahma possesses that bit of guile that we're short of. He's quick thinking, can see angles that others neglect, and with the right forwards he's able to thread a pass no matter how tight it may seem.

Back
Top Bottom