Championship bubble

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I watched the Derby piggies match the other night and my conclusion is there are alot of very very average players getting ridiculous money,draining the life out of the clubs who are stupid enough to pay em.
Both teams had rich men playing who didn't give a fuck.

Waghorn was one of them, yet a few on here were giving the board pelters for showing 'no ambishun' and not paying the requisite £8m (and £40k per week, or whatever stupid amount the agent wanted).

Instead we took an injured crock of a striker from Ipswich and look how that worked out.

Money isn't the answer to everything and we of all clubs, should know that.

Waghorn was one of them, yet a few on here were giving the board pelters for showing 'no ambishun' and not paying the requisite £8m (and £40k per week, or whatever stupid amount the agent wanted).

Instead we took an injured crock of a striker from Ipswich and look how that worked out.

Money isn't the answer to everything and we of all clubs, should know that.
Waghorn was more like half of 8 million we were willing to go about 3.5 which I think ( think )we spent on Egan instead

I can't see how anyone can seriously believe that FFP rules aren't fair or that it's not possible to build a successful team in the championship without blowing a stupid amount of money.

Looking at it from a simplistic and finincial point of view really shows how bad the pigs financial management must be.

You're allowed to lose £13m a season on average over 3 seasons.

Assuming you can run the club at a break even basis before accounting for the biggest expenditure (player wages). This would still allow you a squad of:

11 first reamers all on £15,000pw
7 subs all on £10,000pw
4 backup players all on £3,000

This coupled with all the pigs fake income streams and the fact they have breached FFP by quite a bit (before the stadium sale) shows just what a mess they must be in.

I can't see how anyone can seriously believe that FFP rules aren't fair or that it's not possible to build a successful team in the championship without blowing a stupid amount of money.

Looking at it from a simplistic and finincial point of view really shows how bad the pigs financial management must be.

You're allowed to lose £13m a season on average over 3 seasons.

Assuming you can run the club at a break even basis before accounting for the biggest expenditure (player wages). This would still allow you a squad of:

11 first reamers all on £15,000pw
7 subs all on £10,000pw
4 backup players all on £3,000

This coupled with all the pigs fake income streams and the fact they have breached FFP by quite a bit (before the stadium sale) shows just what a mess they must be in.

Totally agree......using logic then FFP does seem fair and protects the game, which explains why all the club owners voted it through.
FFP is based on profit/ loss, so it still favours the bigger clubs because clubs with bigger incomes are allowed to spend more.

I always said instead of complaining about something (which easiest thing to do).....why not suggest an alternative solution.
Every alternative initiative ive seen suggested on Porktalk is logically weak and open to ridicule.

I’ve heard some suggest “lets scrap FFP and let owners invest whatever sums they like”.
So let’s imagine this rule change. Barnsley have currently the richest owners in the Champiomship, so they agree to spend 100 million a year on players.
There would be another 10 very ambitious clubs in the Championship all willing to spend 50 million a year.
Lets imagine Chansiri is only willing to spend 30 million a year.

You would have the same dozen Chairman with a bucket of cash chasing the same players, so average salaries in the Championship would go up to 50K/week.
Only 3 clubs can ever be promoted, so that mean about 10 clubs who have spent millions will have failed.
Regards transfers, salary offers, clubs would be continuously gazumping each other and it would become an agents paradise.
In a few years you would have clubs owing their owners 200-300 million, debts would be massive, clubs would likely go bust and cease to exist.
Also you can bet that if and when Barnsley are outspending Chansiri and gazumping their bids, so players are joining Barnsley instead of SW
then Wednesday fans would be complaining that FFP must be re-introduced because the game needs protecting.

Back
Top Bottom