Celebrating in front of former clubs

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

WF10BLADE

Reaction score
Sky are currently running a poll on should players celebrate if they score in front of former clubs, 44% are saying no!

In respect of Blades which players of ours have scored v former clubs and given it to opposition fans?

And against us which players who used to play for us have celebrated wildly?

Sky are currently running a poll on should players celebrate if they score in front of former clubs, 44% are saying no!

In respect of Blades which players of ours have scored v former clubs and given it to opposition fans?

Deano and Sharp both celebrated against us.

Some ex players go mad at those who don't celebrate but I think it's a nice touch that fans on the receiving end appreciate.

Look at the reception Pesch and Kyle W got.

Just because you choose not to wave your arms about doesn't mean you're not busting a gut or enjoying it.

What is the point of scoring a goal and not celebrating it?

There is a bit of difference in celebrating a goal and taunting the fans, Deane and Sharp celebrated in front of the Leeds fans and Donny fans, not a problem with that.

A bit different what Adebayor did in front of the Arsenal fans at Man City.

There is a bit of difference in celebrating a goal and taunting the fans, Deane and Sharp celebrated in front of the Leeds fans and Donny fans, not a problem with that.

Deane ran the entire length of John St airplane style smiling at us

Deane ran the entire length of John St airplane style smiling at us
That was my recollection too but I've not done well with memories on the Agana thread so I thought I'd keep quiet on this one.

Edit; but as Za says, new stand side.

Let's ask Leon on Sunday when he heads home a last minute winner ;)

I remember him running up the South stand side unless my memory is playing tricks.

Deffo John St mate. I was on the West Terrace and got crushed in the surge forward to have a go at him.

As much as I'd not like to think about our players not celebrating if they scored against a former club.

It's nice to see they still feel something for the club and want to show respect. That's said unless they took the piss I wouldn't really hold it against them.

The one that springs to mind about treating us with dignity and respect was David Unsworth. He scored the goal that sent us down, but if he didn't take that penalty, or deliberately fluffed it then that would have been unprofessional, and disrespectful to his own club.

The fact that his celebrations both when he scored the penalty and at full time were low key, oozed class.

Would you celebrate scoring against Utd ? I agree with what you say actually but I just couldn't.

Hope Leon does sunday.
I wonder who scoring the winner would upset them the most, obviously Lavery is out but ched, Sharp or Leon?

I've said this before. If I was playing for a team and scored I'd against my old club, I'd celebrate. This whole respect thing is bollocks. How about respecting the club you're at.

Have you got it?

Not to hand but he mentions racist abuse being the reason he celebrated. He did say it was in the moment and he shouldn't have done it with hindsight. Again I read it some time ago so can't remember the where and the how.

Back
Top Bottom