Cardiff City v. Sheffield United - 15/08/17

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Paulus

Reaction score
Less than 48 hours to kick off and it's time our thoughts move on from Boro. We know exactly what we're going to face from a Warnock team, can't wait to lock horns with them. I'd go with the same team again except that I'd start Duffy instead of Carruthers.

I would say the same though I can't see Clarke and Sharp working again . They deserve another shot at it though for me. Duffy looked lively when he came on

I think you'll find young Chedwyn gets a start, with the expectation of lasting about 60 mins.

I think that would be a mistake. He's still gaining fitness, and there's no need to rush him back. I can see him getting another stint from the bench though. I doubt you'll see Sharp and Clarke being as uninvolved Tuesday as they were yesterday.

I'd start Brooks as well

Worry about that Mendez Laing

Maybe some of our bids will turn into acceptable bids tomorrow?

They ripped Villa a new one yesterday, albeit Villa missed a few chances.

I'm concerned about their pace and power upfront. We'll do well to get a point, I feel.

Blackman
Freeman
Stearman
Basham
JOC
Stevens
Coutts
Fleck
Carruthers
Evans
Sharp

Subs: Eastwood, Lafferty, Lavery, Brayford, Lundstram, Brooks, Clarke (who for me plays better when coming off the bench).

Reactions: Dkc
In response to #4. LoughboroBlade

He's had 2 x 30 ish minute stints this week.

Wilder has been impressed with his impact.

It's surely just a matter of time before he starts. Why not Tuesday ?

I fear you are wrong about Sharp and Clarke.

The million dollar question is who makes way if Wilder does start Evans ?

Could be interesting !

UTB

I cannot believe how much Mendez Laing has improved since he played for us. He made me look like an athlete back then.

As for us, defo start Duffy and make room for Ched and Lavery on the bench. 2 good options to affect the game later on.

What has our record been against Warnock sides?

Might be an even harder game than Boro. I thought Cardiff could be the pace setters in the division and they're top after 2 games - and they could even be in the top 2 come the end of the season. They looked perfectly set going into the season, with momentum, keeping their best players and recruiting smartly. And obviously they have a proven manager who always delivers in that league.

They started the season with a similar system to us, with 3 at the back. And it's a very strong 3 so Clarke and Sharp could have even less of the ball than they had against Boro if they play that way.

Mendez-Laing has already got himself in the team and it looks like he tore Villa apart yesterday. In him and Hoilett they've got exactly what we lack. Then up front Zohore has been very good in 2017 and apparently they value him at £10m.

No doubt it's going to be a very hard game. I just hope that if we lose the man babies don't start throwing their toys out of the pram.

I'd play Duffy and Carruthers behind Clarke, although I realise dropping Sharp probably isn't allowed.

this is what i'd go with, just think we need a bit more in the middle of the park, but won't happen as cant see wilder changing shape and/or leaving sharp out

blackman

freeman
stearman
joc
stevens

fleck
basham
coutts

duffy

evans
clarke

subs

sharp
brooks
eastwood
carruthers
wright
lafferty
lundstram

Got to stick with Bill and Leon Tuesday.
Fine with Duffy but Samir was very good at Boro.
Need to get Freeman and Stevens involved in attacking positions. Fleck to continue to buzz. Coutts to play in 5th gear,not 1st.
Same back 3. Need to give Bash a chance to regain form and composure. He deserves it.

Had injury problems when he was on loan to us

He had fat problems too. But now he's lost it and he's like shit off a shovel.

He's another player whose career has benefited from working with Keith Hill.

Might be an even harder game than Boro. I thought Cardiff could be the pace setters in the division and they're top after 2 games - and they could even be in the top 2 come the end of the season. They looked perfectly set going into the season, with momentum, keeping their best players and recruiting smartly. And obviously they have a proven manager who always delivers in that league.

They started the season with a similar system to us, with 3 at the back. And it's a very strong 3 so Clarke and Sharp could have even less of the ball than they had against Boro if they play that way.

Mendez-Laing has already got himself in the team and it looks like he tore Villa apart yesterday. In him and Hoilett they've got exactly what we lack. Then up front Zohore has been very good in 2017 and apparently they value him at £10m.

No doubt it's going to be a very hard game. I just hope that if we lose the man babies don't start throwing their toys out of the pram.

I'd play Duffy and Carruthers behind Clarke, although I realise dropping Sharp probably isn't allowed.
Clarke as the lone striker ?

Painful !

UTB

I'd stick with the same team, Cardiff may be decent but they won't be as good technically as boro or Brentford therefore we should create a lot more and have more of ball.
If it's another below avera performace though then changes need to be made for a massive game against dingles

I'd be happy with the same lineup as Boro, just think we need to move the ball quicker and not resort to long ball if we're under the cosh. I think we'll be better prepared for this game than the Boro game as we've now played 2 games against good teams so should have a better idea what to expect. We will get a tough test from a good Cardiff team who could be a surprise package for top 2 so a draw would be a great result.

There might be a question mark about Freeman - he got battered at Boro - I hope the conker he had on his forehead has gone down it looked bloody painful.

Less than 48 hours to kick off and it's time our thoughts move on from Boro. We know exactly what we're going to face from a Warnock team, can't wait to lock horns with them. I'd go with the same team again except that I'd start Duffy instead of Carruthers.

I wonder what temper the local hoolies will be in now they've seen the headlines from boro?

They don't need much encouragement at the best of times. How's your Welsh accent?

I'll just tell them I'm from Swansea boyo - that'll confuse them.

I notice that Cardiffs' impressive 3 - 0 win at home was achieved with only 35% possession. That takes some doing

However, this weeks bold prediction is this:

If we get 65% possession and manage to stifle Mendez-Laing, well win :)

Could be interesting !

UTB

Yes, it'll be the most he's played in a week since what, February? I'm happy for him to remain an impact sub till he has sufficiently built his fitness up, and at the same time shown enough to warrant a start. Frankly that in itself will be a bonus given his effective lack of a pre-season. I didn't see him against Walsall, but I wouldn't start him from the Middlesbrough performance alone – and certainly wouldn't ditch Sharp & Clarke given the way they ended last season – in itself proving me wrong, as I was never a fan of the pairing based on the earlier instances they played last season.

Uncontroversially I think it'll be the same team that started Brentford and Middlesboro.

From listening to Wilders recent interviews I don't think he'd feel Evans was ready to start fitness wise

Could be interesting !

UTB

Sharp made way for Evans yday but Evans is more than capable of playing the target man role and Sharp would thrive off the scraps created by Evans imo.

Back
Top Bottom