Can Wilder not see a quality player

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Looks a good prospect but the problem he has is that Baldock has been one of the few players that looks to have held his own during this wretched season and Bogle ultimately wants Baldock's place. Having said that with Lunny and Berge now out of the picture it may be well worth giving Bogle a shot at right side mid.

Its up to the lad to Brewster to show something

Anything
Not disputing any of this, he's got to pick himself up somehow just think it was terrible management of the lad.
But you could say
1. I don't see him in training.
2. I've achieved nothing as a football manager.
3. I have no qualifications as anything in football etc etc
And dozens more arguments about how my point (bold above) must be wrong put against me on this forum.

Again, a 'new member' talking shite!

What's going on?
Maybe a 'new member' actually posting comments but have seen a great deal of football at the lane over the years reaching back to the mid 70's. Just voicing an opinion over team selection and how he seems a little blinkered!

I don't understand why we are so stubborn with the left/right/stronger foot rule e.g. Only playing Bogle on the right etc. A player at this level should be competant on both feet and an opposition player can go either side of a defender? Do other clubs stick to this same, rigid regime??
You would have thought so but it's not the case. Berge won't use his left, Baldock does everything to avoid it as do Basham, Norwood and Egan to various degrees. On the other side it's even worse as Stevens, Robinson and Fleck may as well not have a boot on their right foot.

McGoldrick and Lundstram are comfortable on either foot and I think Burke is probably equally bad with both 😁

Not disputing any of this, he's got to pick himself up somehow just think it was terrible management of the lad.
But you could say
1. I don't see him in training.
2. I've achieved nothing as a football manager.
3. I have no qualifications as anything in football etc etc
And dozens more arguments about how my point (bold above) must be wrong put against me on this forum.
Why is it terrible management

Fergie put Wayne Rooney. Becks . Giggs all straight in
They showed their talent

All great prospects must show they are more than just that . We need him to show he is the business
He was feted as the new Michael Owen
Has looked more like Owen off the vicar of dibley

I agree Wilder can't spot talent

I mean what's Baldock, Stevens, JOC, Egan, Duffy done for us over the past 4 years.

I long for the talent we had in the Adkins era.

This is the key point as to why he hasn’t been playing it’s not because he’s a bad player waste of money etc as has been said far too much by people before he’s played it’s that baldock along with Basham have been the teams most consistent players and haven’t deserved dropping.
He might get a chance now we are short on the right hand side of mid field.Could work well him being a defender with pace who can cross a ball at the top end of the pitch while at the same time being able to help Boldock.

He might get a chance now we are short on the right hand side of mid field.Could work well him being a defender with pace who can cross a ball at the top end of the pitch while at the same time being able to help Boldock.
If we do see him I’ll be surprised if it’s at rcm I’d expect it to be a traditional right mid or maybe even push further forward as a right winger. What it did do today was allow some really tactical fluidity with him and baldocks positioning which confused Brighton.

Why is it terrible management

Fergie put Wayne Rooney. Becks . Giggs all straight in
They showed their talent
He wasn't ready and showed it, not a peep from him in 3 starts over 240 minutes of game time.
The stats say it all but I can go further if need be.

So Bogle is no where to be seen and back comes McShite..I rest my case!

Desperately poor team selection has convinced me once and for all that CW is out of his depth, No Bogle (will defo be poached by another club close season), no McGoldrick to start, no Burke. McBurnie is back and so are the woeful performances. Thought we had turned a small corner at the start of 2021 with a few descent passing performances and results but back to how we started this years campaign. He can't see it....stubbornly bad management.

Back
Top Bottom