Can Wilder not see a quality player

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BigDon

Reaction score
With Bogle coming on today and putting in a good performance it ponders the question regarding Wilders choice of players. I don't think he can see what quality is. He is very stubborn when it comes to team selection and will play players even when they prove to be ineffective (McBurnie). Does he see the effect Burke is having on play and allowing us to play a bit of football and create chances. For me Bogle would have been an ideal replacement for Berge on Thursday against Man Utd but was not even on the bench. We do not get to see the players on the training field but it is obvious we have players who are a better fit than some who are always included, yet he does not include them in the squad! I am all for his drive and enthusiasm but please Mr Wilder see when a player has potential and give them a chance or if you can't see quality take advice from someone who can.

Bogle wasn't on the bench because our clear weak side was the left with JOC and stevens being out . Therefore the sensible route was to have options to switch it on the left if the player over there was having a meltdown. The right hand side had the very reliable George Baldock and up until recently 2 players to cover RCM. Now our RCM options have been decimated and now we have increased subs Bogle will feature more no doubt.

Am trying to think of an England manager who its seems would not give Paul Gascoign a game until he had no choice but to play him,who am i thinking of 🤔

I don't understand why we are so stubborn with the left/right/stronger foot rule e.g. Only playing Bogle on the right etc. A player at this level should be competant on both feet and an opposition player can go either side of a defender? Do other clubs stick to this same, rigid regime??

This thread is not necessarily about Jayden Bogle, it is about CW inability to choose players based on their ability, effectiveness and form. He is stubborn in his selection and it will cost us!! I would bet my last £ that McBurnie will start as soon as he is fit despite others like Burke and yes Bogle today who have had more of an impact on our gameplay.

I agree. However with his strength and technique, it may be worth trying him on the right side of midfield especially with Lundstram and Berge out

I have a feeling you may get your wish - Everton push on teams and we are no doubt going to have little ball to play with.

UTB

This thread is not necessarily about Jayden Bogle, it is about CW inability to choose players based on their ability, effectiveness and form. He is stubborn in his selection and it will cost us!! I would bet my last £ that McBurnie will start as soon as he is fit despite others like Burke and yes Bogle today who have had more of an impact on our gameplay.
exactly i think so too. As soon as McB is fit, he will start. Which many of us fans can agree we play better without him

With Bogle coming on today and putting in a good performance it ponders the question regarding Wilders choice of players. I don't think he can see what quality is. He is very stubborn when it comes to team selection and will play players even when they prove to be ineffective (McBurnie). Does he see the effect Burke is having on play and allowing us to play a bit of football and create chances. For me Bogle would have been an ideal replacement for Berge on Thursday against Man Utd but was not even on the bench. We do not get to see the players on the training field but it is obvious we have players who are a better fit than some who are always included, yet he does not include them in the squad! I am all for his drive and enthusiasm but please Mr Wilder see when a player has potential and give them a chance or if you can't see quality take advice from someone who can.
How did we get from League1 to the prem exactly? Have you ever read the story?

Does he start over Baldock though?
This is the key point as to why he hasn’t been playing it’s not because he’s a bad player waste of money etc as has been said far too much by people before he’s played it’s that baldock along with Basham have been the teams most consistent players and haven’t deserved dropping.

It's because they are young and need a bit of "nursing" and they have to learn their craft away from the pressure of the first team, especially at this level.

Think you're being deliberately obtuse. The OP is about Wilders seeming inability to select new talent over the same old dross.
A good point well made.
He did it with Lowe, and then you saw why he’d waited.

Let’s not get overly carried away by a reasonable less than half a game by Bogle.

The idea that we’ve got a sea of talent not getting a start is pure rubbish.

It's because they are young and need a bit of "nursing" and they have to learn their craft away from the pressure of the first team, especially at this level.
You say that but Brewster was thrown straight in against Liverpool, Man City and Chelsea. I suspect this 'welcome to the premier League' has set the lad back a fair bit.

CW made a brief comment to that effect about Bogle in one of his interviews bit back.

You say that but Brewster was thrown straight in against Liverpool, Man City and Chelsea. I suspect this 'welcome to the premier League' has set the lad back a fair bit.
Its up to the lad to Brewster to show something

Anything

Personally not seen him offer one jot of his "potential" yet

With the reviews he came with it's been massively disappointing

thought baldock and bogle looked decent down our right hand side keep em there

Back
Top Bottom