Can we merge all the misery threads?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

GrayBlade

100% Blade
Reaction score
...And put them into one super-duper misery thread where the like minded miseries can wallow in their own pity and despair?

3 out of the top 5 threads at the time of me posting are...
’Who’s worse than us.’
’Honest (are we good enough)?”
and
’Leeds, how afraid are we?’

We‘re one game into the season. Didn’t these posters notice what happened at the start of 3 of out last 4 seasons and how well those seasons turned out, and how good were these players that they’re now writing off after one league game for most of last season? Talk about waving the white flag before as shot is fired. 😂

How about a whole new section we can call it "Talking Bollox" with sub sections like "where's all the cash gone" and " we need a striker, just not the one we bought" and my favourite "now after one game we have been relegated, who should our next manager be?"
I'm sure there are more sections we need, but I'm just off to buy a pound of strychnine because we didn't beat wolves and lost on penalties in the cup.

Merge the misery threads and we would have a thread with around 1000 pages and not much else to read on this forum. It is embarrassing that there is less moaning on Porktalk at the moment than what there is on here.

I bet the vast majority of the posters in all the misery threads are under 45 years old - the self entitled generation. When I take my occasional glance at this forum and all I see is doom and gloom I don't know whether to laugh or cry. One game in against an excellent Wolves side. Not being held to ransom by agents and mercenaries. So cut the crap, we are in a good place. The level of moaning on here is pathetic. By all means have well thought out conerns and criticisms................but ffs this board at times reminds me of my little grandaughter when she can't get her own way.

The thing is, many of the same posters will be posting European tour messages if we happen to win our next 2 games.

Not misery more like realistic!
Seriously 247 Blade, try and swap pessimism for optimism and you will enhance your Blade-supporting experience.
I too get concerned when I see the weaknesses in our play, but then I think about our management team, the signings that made a big difference at Burnley, but most of all CW's post match interviews.
He knows what is needed and you know what? I genuinely think he'll sort it.
I guess we all increasingly suffer from this, 'I want it and I want it now' world to some extent, but try and see the bigger picture and accept the downs with the ups.
It really is a healthier way to live :)

There's times on forums when it would be good to know the age of the people you're ''talking'' to.
I think many responses would be totally different to one's given if that was the case.

I'm 28. Just to let everyone know.

Can I add a fuck Monday morning at work to the misery thread. As if it isn’t bad enough someone’s just put radio 1 on. Fucking Radio 1!!!!

It's very obvious to see who the "undercover" pigs are. They don't post for ages and then become hyperactive when there's a bit off misery to comment on. Now's the time to round them up, put them in their pig pen and ban them. If they're up front about their allegiance allow them to stay. Can't say fairer than that?

Last edited:
Its all so over the top negative that it puts me off coming on to the site as there are no worth while topics being discussed. What happens if we lose tonight will the usual suspects start planning which grounds we will playing at in the championship next season FFS! I am also a great believer in the if you put it out there the universe often enough it becomes a self fulfilling reality!!

Its all so over the top negative that it puts me off coming on to the site as there are no worth while topics being discussed. What happens if we lose tonight will the usual suspects start planning which grounds we will playing at in the championship next season FFS! I am also a great believer in the if you put it out there the universe often enough it becomes a self fulfilling reality!!
When I was young I tried the philosophy with women in your final sentence but it didn’t work !

...And put them into one super-duper misery thread where the like minded miseries can wallow in their own pity and despair?

’Who’s worse than us.’
and

We‘re one game into the season. Didn’t these posters notice what happened at the start of 3 of out last 4 seasons and how well those seasons turned out, and how good were these players that they’re now writing off after one league game for most of last season? Talk about waving the white flag before as shot is fired. 😂
Great idea Gray.

Can we also lump inthe threads that slag off players for the sake of it. United players, selected to play by our manager.

Like - our reserve keeper it utterly crap. Oh right thanks for that. And the point is....?

It’s utterly toxic here at the moment

I bet the vast majority of the posters in all the misery threads are under 45 years old - the self entitled generation. When I take my occasional glance at this forum and all I see is doom and gloom I don't know whether to laugh or cry. One game in against an excellent Wolves side. Not being held to ransom by agents and mercenaries. So cut the crap, we are in a good place. The level of moaning on here is pathetic. By all means have well thought out conerns and criticisms................but ffs this board at times reminds me of my little grandaughter when she can't get her own way.

The thing is, many of the same posters will be posting European tour messages if we happen to win our next 2 games.
Couldn't have put it better myself. I thought the same about ages and being entitled, we are being run properly and some want to risk it all.

Roygbiv won't even have to sully his browser history with visits to Porktalk this season, he can just get it all off here.
There’s definitely a whiff or Pork about but some posts and I get that really. It’s genuine Blades throwing the towel in so soon that baffles me. It’s not like we’ve been crap for years like when Wilder first came so we could expect more of the same. We’ve have 4 great seasons under one of the best managers in our history and yet reading this forum you’d think Adkins had just flown off with his geese. 😂

Not really, I built my last two PC's and will be building my next one soon when my state pension starts, so at the age of 65 I get by.
Yep, and I have my own IT business and repair computers for a living so that really scuppers that theory.

’Who’s worse than us.’
and

Add the Brewster thread to it.

Seriously 247 Blade, try and swap pessimism for optimism and you will enhance your Blade-supporting experience.
I too get concerned when I see the weaknesses in our play, but then I think about our management team, the signings that made a big difference at Burnley, but most of all CW's post match interviews.
He knows what is needed and you know what? I genuinely think he'll sort it.
I guess we all increasingly suffer from this, 'I want it and I want it now' world to some extent, but try and see the bigger picture and accept the downs with the ups.
It really is a healthier way to live :)
Being a Blade pessimism comes naturally 😉

Back
Top Bottom