Incoming? Callum Robinson

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Wonder if Norwich might fancy him.

They wanted him last summer I recall. I could see him going to a top Championship club if WBA don't bid for him. I wonder if we'll be more likely to sell now also, because we need the funds from player sales to raise revenue. Also Robinson was shipped out obviously to gain more pitch time, and that would indicate that Wilder doesn't think he's good enough yet, or he would have stayed.

Maybe it depends on what happens with the Moose also. It's a shame that it hasn't worked out yet, he's got potential and many good attributes to be a PL player, but maybe our system just doesn't suit him, as others have said. He'd probably do well on a bank of three supporting a loan striker, with Robsinson on the left of the three. Can't see us changing to that system or another either to use wingers/left forwards.

They wanted him last summer I recall. I could see him going to a top Championship club if WBA don't bid for him. I wonder if we'll be more likely to sell now also, because we need the funds from player sales to raise revenue. Also Robinson was shipped out obviously to gain more pitch time, and that would indicate that Wilder doesn't think he's good enough yet, or he would have stayed.

Maybe it depends on what happens with the Moose also. It's a shame that it hasn't worked out yet, he's got potential and many good attributes to be a PL player, but maybe our system just doesn't suit him, as others have said. He'd probably do well on a bank of three supporting a loan striker, with Robsinson on the left of the three. Can't see us changing to that system or another either to use wingers/left forwards.

He did well last night though playing alone up top. Don't believe he's good enough to do that in the Prem, mind and feel he probably has to move on. Shame because he seems like a decent character and a top end Championship player.

Good - we tried to make him into a central striker but it didn't work out. We signed both Moose and McB very late in the window and weren't up to our exactive fitness standards so Robinson started the season. If those two had come at the beginning of the season, idoubt Robinson would have started many and quite possibly would have got as little time as Freeman.

Robinson fits how WBA play - move him on, bring in hopefully what we paid for him and put it towards Watkins.

UTB

If as I expect he moves on, this opens the way for us to break our transfer record by signing a striker from abroad and a younger guy for development purposes.
If Moose moves on then we need another.
A very interesting month ahead.
We are also desperate for a keeper and Right sided midfield player, especially when compared to our left side which has Fleck, Osborne and Freeman.
Could well be six major incoming transfers

Good - we tried to make him into a central striker but it didn't work out. We signed both Moose and McB very late in the window and weren't up to our exactive fitness standards so Robinson started the season. If those two had come at the beginning of the season, idoubt Robinson would have started many and quite possibly would have got as little time as Freeman.

Robinson fits how WBA play - move him on, bring in hopefully what we paid for him and put it towards Watkins.

UTB
Agree re Calum.
Moose still not up to our fitness standards + I see him going too.
Might need 2 or even 3 strikers.

Moose still not up to our fitness standards + I see him going too.

yes can agree with this - the kid only looks good ONLY when he wants to be and surely that won't be good enough for CW. Doesn't seem to fit the hungry footballer that CW likes and although Moose has contributed to us staying in the division, I just don't see him sorting his head out - looks a well paid but troubled footballer.

UTB

yes can agree with this - the kid only looks good ONLY when he wants to be and surely that won't be good enough for CW. Doesn't seem to fit the hungry footballer that CW likes and although Moose has contributed to us staying in the division, I just don't see him sorting his head out - looks a well paid but troubled footballer.

UTB
Our difficulty will be him finding a club geographically closer to his gf & new baby to pay his current wages.

Our difficulty will be him finding a club geographically closer to his gf & new baby to pay his current wages.

true, but this is what top level football has become - paying a player off or contributing to his wages when a manager makes a mistake - Sanchez being the best present example followed closely by Ozil.

The only things clear for me is we need more goals - not convinced Moose is it unless he sorts his head out.

UTB

UTB

I agree with that Fulwood, but the last bit about Watkins; I wouldn't get your hopes up too much there. I think it will end up like the Maupay situation where he has other higher paying suitors than us to choose from, if we're at the races.

It'll be a shame to see Robinson go, hotly tipped to be our player of the season after pre-season by our fans. Think he'll be class if he gets consistent playing time out wide - something we don't offer. Probably best for his career if he moves on to a team where he will get played.

Seems a lovely kid with a fantastic attitude.
Personally I think we need better, he's not quite 'anything' enough for the top flight.

If we can recoup £10m for him and Lunny I would be happy.

The one thing I'd alter about your valuation is that we're talking about players signed to a Premier Division club, so those valuations seem a bit on the low side.

Collectively I'd venture a combined figure of £18million. I know there may be a few who dispute this, but given the 'impact' that some think Lundstram has had this season I think we'd be selling ourselves short if we didn't value him accordingly. As for Robinson, he seems popular with other clubs so the same applies, value him correctly.

The one thing I'd alter about your valuation is that we're talking about players signed to a Premier Division club, so those valuations seem a bit on the low side.

Collectively I'd venture a combined figure of £18million. I know there may be a few who dispute this, but given the 'impact' that some think Lundstram has had this season I think we'd be selling ourselves short if we didn't value him accordingly. As for Robinson, he seems popular with other clubs so the same applies, value him correctly.

I’m going for £8m for CR and £5m - £7m for JL

I just don’t rate Lunny that highly. Well not as high as Lunny rates Lunny and some on here that rate Lunny

It'll be a shame to see Robinson go, hotly tipped to be our player of the season after pre-season by our fans. Think he'll be class if he gets consistent playing time out wide - something we don't offer. Probably best for his career if he moves on to a team where he will get played.

You can not be serious ....lightweight and bits of promise ..at best ...not a disastrous buy as we might get back half what we paid for him ...but not a good buy either .....won’t be missed ..let’s move on

You can not be serious ....lightweight and bits of promise ..at best ...not a disastrous buy as we might get back half what we paid for him ...but not a good buy either .....won’t be missed ..let’s move on
There is no world in which we get a maximum of £3.5m for Robinson. The least we get back is what we paid.

if you think in this Current financial climate we will get £18 million for Robinson and Lundstram then you need to plan a visit to this world some time soon ..if we got half that it would be a result

Honestly thought/think he still had something to offer us.. he started the season first choice really, missed a few sitters but still got in the right areas!

Would he have offered more off the bench than what we finished the season with? Zivkovic and clarke? Deffo but if someones willing to throw some money at him do we cut our losses?

if you think in this Current financial climate we will get £18 million for Robinson and Lundstram then you need to plan a visit to this world some time soon ..if we got half that it would be a result

As per usual we're each entitled to an opinion. If you're right then you can celebrate with another flowery description.

I happen to think that there are Blades who still think it's prudent to undervalue whilst forgetting that we're Prem club.

I completely get some of your high valuations, but let's not forget, other teams know we don't particularly want to keep Robinson, just like they'll know Lunny doesn't want to stay either.

That, on top of the contract length will come into play.

Ok, 12m for them both.

As per usual we're each entitled to an opinion. If you're right then you can celebrate with another flowery description.

I happen to think that there are Blades who still think it's prudent to undervalue whilst forgetting that we're Prem club.
Your eyes must be painted on.

so you think we will get £18 million for Robinson and Lundstram ....ffs ...?

I completely get some of your high valuations, but let's not forget, other teams know we don't particularly want to keep Robinson, just like they'll know Lunny doesn't want to stay either.

Ok, 12m for them both.
That works both ways. No realistic bid, keep him, let him rot in the ressies and let him go for free

Ok, 12m for them both.
Will be like winning the lottery if we get £12 mill

That works both ways. No realistic bid, keep him, let him rot in the ressies and let him go for free
Not great for moral though is it?
Keeps another wage on the books too. God knows where he thinks he's going, but even if we get £2m it sounds like it'll pay for that young American Robbo.

We still have to keep paying him though even if we did do that.

Might as well terminate his contract by mutual consent and save a few quid.

Or see what we can get for him without blowing it for ourselves by asking too much.

Back
Top Bottom