Incoming? Callum Robinson

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

On their bench again. Chances of them signing him in summer seems less and less.

Robinson has already performed better when playing wider. I like him as a player but suspect he'll never be able to perform as a central striker. I'd therefore rather cash-in and reinvest the proceeds into someone that would be a more natural fit in Utd's formation, either an out-and-out striker or someone that's able to drop deeper to link play.
Who says we will have the same formation next season..........?

Who says we will have the same formation next season..........?

A fair point - it may be tweaked, particularly the mid 3 but I very much doubt CW will start playing with wingers. Therefore, unless Robinson is able to adapt better to playing centrally, he'll again look like a fish out of water. However, if WBA get up I wouldn't be surprised if Robinson doesn't play for Utd again.

A fair point - it may be tweaked, particularly the mid 3 but I very much doubt CW will start playing with wingers. Therefore, unless Robinson is able to adapt better to playing centrally, he'll again look like a fish out of water. However, if WBA get up I wouldn't be surprised if Robinson doesn't play for Utd again.
Never second guess what Wilder will do, he's suprised us all over the past 4 seasons!!

Worrying for the lad that he has dropped down a League to a level where he should excel you would think and he is not even starting now. Same last weekend.

I'm not sure West Brom would sign him if they went up. They've had a look and don't seem that impressed.

He looks a long way off a Prem League player to me and does not fit out system.

I'd expect him to go back on a season long loan to the Champ again next season..

Worrying for the lad that he has dropped down a League to a level where he should excel you would think and he is not even starting now. Same last weekend.

I'm not sure West Brom would sign him if they went up. They've had a look and don't seem that impressed.

He looks a long way off a Prem League player to me and does not fit out system.

I'd expect him to go back on a season long loan to the Champ again next season..

WBA fans were chomping at the bit to sign him at the end of the season pre-lockdown. He’s not been used much in the three games since - for whatever reason - and now we’re jumping to conclusions like this? Feels a bit premature.

He had a decent impact when he came on last night & had a hand in both of Pereira's goals.

He isn't quick, or strong enough to play up front in a two where he is required to either chase balls into channels or in behind, or hold the ball up with his back to goal.

He's therefore not going to be any use to us, but I wouldn't write off his potential as a Prem player. He's not quick, but he can dribble well in 4th gear, he's got good footwork and he can be quite creative in space. He's still only 24 too.

Doesn’t make me an expert but I’ve got a big bet on WBA this season so I’ve watched quite a few of their games.

Robinson has looked a class above in the ones he’s played, but he seems to have fallen out of favour. He’s easily good enough for the championship and most of the time (particularly under Wilder) that means you can play in the Prem.

However, he’s quite clearly a wide man and it’s understandable he hasn’t played well for us.

As for being on West Brom’s bench, they have so much artillery it’s easy to see why he shuffles his pack when the pressure is on. Even Diangana was on the bench and he’s been one of their best players.

Diangana is the one they’d want to sign I’m sure but I bet they’d get Robinson as well if they went up.

Looked so good pre season but then a bit rabbit in the headlights in the competitive fixtures. As said, I don't think we got the best of him in the position we played him but also not convinced he has what it takes. He's also very nesh!

I'd say championship is about his level. Definitely doesn't work for us but I hope we can recoup a good chunk of that fee of he's playing well. GLTTL.

Yep, it was a good assist, I’m just not sure that equates to a ‘starring role’.
If he wasn't on, we don't score the equaliser. What more of an impact do you want? 😂

He won't be with us next season if we can get a decent price. I don't think WBA will want him if they come up, if they stay down maybe. I can see a move back to Preston or an upper half Cjampionship team like Bristol City or Swansea

The problem will be wages as I assume he signed on ' Premiership wages' and with covid the chances of a championship team paying him the same must be slim

If he wasn't on, we don't score the equaliser. What more of an impact do you want? 😂

I’d like to think that any of our strikers could have made that assist really. I’m not trying to take any credit away from him I’m just disagreeing with the suggestion that he played a ‘starring role’. I’d suggest that the players who played the entire game had much more of an impact. Fleck got a goal and an assist, would that not be more of an impact?

Wish he was in the squad now. We could at least fill a bench. Hope he stays next year

I’d like to think that any of our strikers could have made that assist really. I’m not trying to take any credit away from him I’m just disagreeing with the suggestion that he played a ‘starring role’. I’d suggest that the players who played the entire game had much more of an impact. Fleck got a goal and an assist, would that not be more of an impact?
I said 'a' starring role. Not 'the' starring role.

Jesus, talk about being pedantic for pedantics sake 😂

I would not write him off. It would be silly, see some of the similar conversations we have had about players, recently. I am not sure, Wilder would either. But obviously we are going to bring another striker in during the summer and it would be a bit of a luxury to have Robinson as 5th or 6th choice. Particularly when for the player he can get a good club and us and decent price.

Wish he was in the squad now. We could at least fill a bench. Hope he stays next year
its weird how we gave OMB and berge so much time yet we couldn't give robinson it too... i cannot believe for the life of me that ziv is a better player than CR... in retrospect i really do think if Robinson stayed he wouldve played a role... just needed time like a few of the new lads

I think he lacks the pace to compete for PL spot. I think he still holds a lot of value as a championship player and can do some damage at that level. Would love a little swap with Norwich for one of them midfielders....

its weird how we gave OMB and berge so much time yet we couldn't give robinson it too... i cannot believe for the life of me that ziv is a better player than CR... in retrospect i really do think if Robinson stayed he wouldve played a role... just needed time like a few of the new lads
That's because they showed alot more promise. We shouldn't give time to everyone.

I think he lacks the pace to compete for PL spot. I think he still holds a lot of value as a championship player and can do some damage at that level. Would love a little swap with Norwich for one of them midfielders....
We were talking after watching EFL highlights today about the gulf between Championship and PL quality players. Don’t think there are many in the Championship that can make the step up unless they are loan and development players. Maybe we should be looking further afield through RIP Van Wrinkle

Back
Top Bottom