Callum Robinson

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I know he's not lit the premier league up but I would keep him. Unless we are signing forward.

Reactions: BV
He's assisted a few goals, tried hard, fitted in with the group, seems a good lad. It's a big step up from being the star at Preston to coming up against some of the leading Premier defenders. If he leaves I wish him all the best, if it's a loan I hope he goes and learns and comes back benefitting from it

Isn’t it time we started judging things in PL terms?
Agreed but we're not yet an established premier league club. Don't think anyone can say 7 million isn't a large sum in the scheme of things. In 5 years if we're still here then yes, it's small change.

Agreed but we're not yet an established premier league club. Don't think anyone can say 7 million isn't a large sum in the scheme of things. In 5 years if we're still here then yes, it's small change.
To stay for 5 years costs premier money. A cleft stick.

Probably best for all parties but ultimately if we stay up, which obviously we look like doing and say he does well for West Brom than I can only see him leaving this summer because going forward it'll be McBurnie, Moose and presumably we'll be looking for a further marque forward signing, someone to upgrade on what we have or a different type and I can see Robinson further down the pecking order again. He doesn't look an improvement on he other forwards we currently have. I wish him well, he's certainly given his all and its not easy adjusting to the Premier League.

But by premier league standards it isn’t and they’re the standards we are now judged by.

Good luck to the lad looked like he would be our main man in pre season and would tear it up.

Maybe a loan will help him come good definitely don’t write him off just yet.

Seen glimpses from him but only that. Still think he should've been credited with both goals at Chelsea, and he set up the equaliser vs Man U beautifully. A loan to WBA is ideal right now. It's a good side where he'll have to perform well and if he does he can either earn himself a move or prove he deserves more time here.

Robinson is a left winger in a 4231. He has created chances in that area. Wilder has signed him because when we become an established prem team we will change the formation to use wingers. Where he will fit in nicely as a left winger. He needs game time to improve and get some form. He will provide serious quality for WBA on their left flank and may get promoted with them. Its a win win for all parties.

Robinson is a left winger in a 4231. He has created chances in that area. Wilder has signed him because when we become an established prem team we will change the formation to use wingers. Where he will fit in nicely as a left winger. He needs game time to improve and get some form. He will provide serious quality for WBA on their left flank and may get promoted with them. Its a win win for all parties.
You forgot ‘it might screw Leeds up too’.

I think this will free up opportunities for Freeman to be honest. He'll be able to come off the bench and play in a more advanced role now if needed whilst also providing cover at CM.

Fully expecting us to smash our transfer record in the summer on a proven CF.

£40m-£50m.

Clarke Sharp and possibly Robbo out the picture. So we will also need another as well for maybe £10m.

UTB

Glad it's only a loan as I like the lad and think he's a good fit, obviously any new player needs time (and consistent game time) to make a mark on a team, and it's a big step up for him.

Top end Champ loan move seems ideal to get his confidence up and knock a few in.

I hope it isn't the end for him here though as I think he's got potential for us.

Fully expecting us to smash our transfer record in the summer on a proven CF.

£40m-£50m.

Clarke Sharp and possibly Robbo out the picture. So we will also need another as well for maybe £10m.

UTB
Callum Wilson if Bournemouth go down? Not having the most impressive season so could be the ideal time for us to strike

Callum Wilson if Bournemouth go down? Not having the most impressive season so could be the ideal time for us to strike

I'd still rather see us go in for Christian Benteke. If Wilder could get him back to the player he was at Villa before he made the mistake of signing for Liverpool, then we'd have a David McGoldrick who can score. Benteke and Mousset together? Yep for me.

I'd still rather see us go in for Christian Benteke. If Wilder could get him back to the player he was at Villa before he made the mistake of signing for Liverpool, then we'd have a David McGoldrick who can score. Benteke and Mousset together? Yep for me.
Benteke hasn't played for Villa for 5 years...

I have nothing against the lad but do wonder about his mentality, I recently saw a quote from him where he said being a squad player was better than stacking shelves at Sainsbury’s, now, while obviously that’s true, I would prefer our squad players saying they weren’t content with not being in the first team & wanting to not only play but be eye catching in the process. For me that striving to be better attitude is shared by all the top top players. Not saying get rid of him but imo he should have higher expectation of himself & challenge himself more.

Read the article, isn’t this a loan to become permanent at the end of the season type deal? Maybe WB are sailing close with ffp. Because they’d be no money mentioned for a straight forward loan

Back
Top Bottom