Callum Robinson

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Bruce Wayne

Reaction score
He's taken some criticism so far but I don't think he's found that position he can excel in until today and I reckon it might be by accident. I'm sure Wilder put him on to stop the central play out from Luiz to Ozil that was driving us back, it worked a treat but also he looked so assured on the ball playing centrally and deep. He kept winning the ball, switching play to either flank and looked like a different player to what we've seen before. Well done Callum and to Wilder especially if he's been working on the no.10 position with Robinson.

Agreed and he could really excel in this new position, he's clearly not a striker and we don't play with out and out wingers (which he is) so let's give him a try, if nothing else he could learn from Norwood and offer central midfield cover or compete with off-form Lundstram

Agreed and he could really excel in this new position, he's clearly not a striker and we don't play with out and out wingers (which he is) so let's give him a try, if nothing else he could learn from Norwood and offer central midfield cover or compete with off-form Lundstram
Was suprised L Freeman wasn't in for Lunny today, even more suprised he wasn't ont bench.

I watched the match on tv and always try to be neutral and level headed, don’t have any favourites, apart from Mark Duffy ha ha.

I thought Robinson was quite poor when he came on...noticed that yet again he always seem to be barged off the ball when there’s a 50/50.

It’s as though he’s not quite physical or strong enough for the PL, thought the same regards McBurnies in his. early games too
but he seems to have been on the weights because he now definitely seems slightly stronger....he doesn’t fall down as much.

Its early days though and like McBurnie he’s young....so I’ll stay patient and support him.
We’re not being relegated this season so at least the pressure to deliver is off at the moment.

Last edited:
It's a no from me too, he is never at it. Needs to watch a video of Goldy pressing, reminds me of Scougall ineffectual never ever gets stuck in. McBurnie also weak and disappoints.

But the rest of the team today just fantastic, heroes to a man with King Fleck outstanding closely followed by Norwood today. Great point.

Wow! How many minutes are you basing this transformation on? I was there and didn’t notice it. A few good touches for sure but no different to what we’ve seen before imo. Jury still out for me.

He did change the game, he stopped them playing out from the back into midfield for a start which allowed us to press higher up the pitch. I didn't see him getting knocked off the ball if im honest, if anything he made some good challenges and used the ball well.

He was far more effective as a nuisance and a creator than mousett who looked like he'd come straight from one of peps bunga bungs party's

I thought he played well and we only got a foothold in the game when him and besic came on

He was far more effective as a nuisance and a creator than mousett who looked like he'd come straight from one of peps bunga bungs party's

I thought he played well and we only got a foothold in the game when him and besic came on
I thought it was actually arsenal and arteta who let us back in the game, before lacazette came off he was causing us problems, holding the ball linking everything. Nketia didn't offer anything like that.

I thought it was actually arsenal and arteta who let us back in the game, before lacazette came off he was causing us problems, holding the ball linking everything. Nketia didn't offer anything like that.
Maybe but we definetly stopped them walking it out from the back like they had been previously

Yes we need squad players but I think CW had bigger plans for Robinson.

Much as I dislike criticising our players I have to say I didn't see much improvement in him today except the ball in where Flecks goal came from. I was quite excited by him when he signed & pre-season he looked great & I thought he would be a real star for us, but for whatever reason it is just not working, his pressing is half hearted & stops well before he gets to the opposition player, his speed has vanished, maybe he isn't that quick really but he looked it on his highlight clips for Preston, today he had a 60/40 ball in his favour against the smallest player on the pitch, Lucas Torreira, & lost it comprehensively. It worries me that he always has a smile on his face, because if I was playing like he is I would not be a happy bunny at all.
Whilst I am in my negative groove I know CWAK are loyal to their players but Lunny really does need a spell out of the team, he looked knackered from the get go today, a sure sign of tension & not being unfit, I think Besic deserves a run of games in his place & it maybe a chance for Lunny to have a rest & a re-charge.

I thought Mousset was off it, Sharp hardly had a touch (although he did manage to flick on a header for Flecks goal), McBurnie was the only one of those three that had a decent game. (I won’t judge Robbo on 20 minutes).

McGoldrick was missed imo - although not for his goal scoring ability!

I think we need another “quality” striker. I can’t see us getting one this month, but even without one we should be fine for another season in the Prem.

Much as I dislike criticising our players I have to say I didn't see much improvement in him today except the ball in where Flecks goal came from. I was quite excited by him when he signed & pre-season he looked great & I thought he would be a real star for us, but for whatever reason it is just not working, his pressing is half hearted & stops well before he gets to the opposition player, his speed has vanished, maybe he isn't that quick really but he looked it on his highlight clips for Preston, today he had a 60/40 ball in his favour against the smallest player on the pitch, Lucas Torreira, & lost it comprehensively. It worries me that he always has a smile on his face, because if I was playing like he is I would not be a happy bunny at all.
Whilst I am in my negative groove I know CWAK are loyal to their players but Lunny really does need a spell out of the team, he looked knackered from the get go today, a sure sign of tension & not being unfit, I think Besic deserves a run of games in his place & it maybe a chance for Lunny to have a rest & a re-charge.

This post could have been written by me. I don’t like to criticise our players either but agree with all of that. If we were 4th from bottom then I’d be concerned and far more critical but as we are doing well then it buys all the underperforming players more time.

We lack the quality in the final third imo. Robinson added very little (minus the cross), and again imo does not belong in the epl. I would loan to championship club in hopes of rebuilding his confidence.

Freeman was never going to come in for Lunny away to Arsenal.

Home to someone like Bournemouth maybe, but for now Lunny hopefully will be replaced by Mo Besic

Slight adjustment.

Had a hand in the goal so not going to be overly critical, however he seemed lightweight and one paced in quite a few situations. Jury still out for me.

What does 'get go' and ' not being fit' mean within this please?😎

Are you confusing Robinson and Besic?!!

Even his cross for the goal wasn't very good. He just doesn't compete and doesn't gove 100%. He avoids tackles. He barely chases. He certainly doesn't sprint after people.

Maybe he's just a winger? His crossing is pretty good generally.

What does 'get go' and ' not being fit' mean within this please?😎

Not sure you are being serious but if you are, from the get go means from the start of the game, & I was clarifying the fact he looked this way not because he was unfit, he clearly is fit, but because he put himself under pressure because he knew he was not playing well. That mental pressure creates tension & makes you feel like you are running in water, it is very debilitating.

Had a hand in the goal so not going to be overly critical, however he seemed lightweight and one paced in quite a few situations. Jury still out for me.

How so? He won 3 headers and 2 slide tackles?? Plus sprayed the ball left to right and cut off their supply from the back . I think some have made there minds up on the lad and cannot see what he did today in a new position. Maybe my TV was on the blink?

I think most are judging him on the challenge he seemed to nesh ,which I agree had me shouting st the TV but I thought everything else he did he did well and he played a key role in us cutting off their supply from.the back

He was much better than mousset put it that way

Back
Top Bottom